autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Ditto, Do you have a Better business Bureau in your area ? If so file a complaint....
    He claims he’s refunded the money. Will probably take a couple of days before it shows up. I threatened to come over to his shop and he wrote back and said he gave a full refund. We’ll see.

2. Likes bryanviper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have been following this without commenting until the final outcome was shown. All I can say is that it's definitely not acceptable.

I have done plenty of newer black GM trucks and if one left looking like that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I'm not making excuses here for him but I wonder if he has proper lighting to be performing such correction work. I have a moddo. If you can't see it you can't fix it. Lighting is very important to properly correct paint.

Just as an example here's a trashed black work truck I did earlier this year.

Before correction work.

YouTube

During correction work.

YouTube

After correction and coating.

YouTube

I really hope you get your money back on this.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Once you get your money back you should send him the link to this post so he can see what all the professional detailers think of his work & maybe he can learn and thing or two on this forum as many of us have.

5. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    So I have been following this without commenting until the final outcome was shown. All I can say is that it's definitely not acceptable.

I have done plenty of newer black GM trucks and if one left looking like that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I'm not making excuses here for him but I wonder if he has proper lighting to be performing such correction work. I have a moddo. If you can't see it you can't fix it. Lighting is very important to properly correct paint.

Just as an example here's a trashed black work truck I did earlier this year.

Before correction work.

YouTube

During correction work.

YouTube

After correction and coating.

YouTube

I really hope you get your money back on this.

Lighting may actually be one of his issues. I had a hard time seeing things over at his shop and he never put a light directly on anything.

Wow, that truck is freaking awesome. The paint on my Yukon wasn’t nearly that bad but and the end result of that Denali you did was what I thought I would be getting.

7. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Dislikes Bruno Soares disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lighting is paramount to any detailer. You can't fix what you can't see.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a horrible job. However, I would not necessarily blame the product as much as the shop. For ceramic to look good it needs to be paint corrected and it was not or was done so poorly
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted by admin

11. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    I don’t get it. Just looked at their IG page, tons of fancy cars, hi end porshe, bmw etc. are the customers blind? Or these guys just didn’t bother doing a good job on GMC? I mean, how can you do such a shitty job and still claim yourself as a top notch detailer with 40yrs experience? I DONT GET IT

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    That’s what continues to baffle me. His site is the reason I took my car there in the first place. And then when I walked in and saw all these fancy cars I was blown away. I honestly think he was just trying to get one over on me. I think the first time he didn’t do anything except wash it and maybe polish it. Second time I think he did 1 level of correction and spray coated it, at least that’s what I’ve determined with all of the research I’ve now done on this. There is significant dust under the coating as well.

He also did not clean the interior of my vehicle nor under the hood. I took these photos as well and sent them to him as well while listing below them a description of what my service was to entail, which was:

Using compressed air, the entire cabin and luggage/cargo compartment is blown out.
    ❖ Interior and luggage/cargo compartment is vacuumed.
    ❖ The leather and cloth upholstery are cleaned.
    ❖ Seats are pushed forwards, back, and reclined for thorough cleaning of seat tracks and seating surfaces.
    ❖ All interior trim surfaces are thoroughly cleaned, which include: door panels, armrest, door sills, door jams, seat pockets, storage compartments, cup holders, sun visors, sunshades, control panels, instrument panels, display screens, audio system, touch surfaces, shift knobs, center and rear console, steering wheel, pedal pads, and footrest.
    ❖ All exterior and interior glass surfaces and accent lighting are cleaned.
    ❖ Luggage compartment/cargo space, sills, luggage compartment tray, trunk mat, retractable cargo cover, side panels, hatch panels, and spare tire compartment are thoroughly cleaned.
    ❖ Carpeting and mats are shampooed

None of the above was done. He didn’t even take out the every small amount of garbage that was in the vehicle and throw it away.

His last text said: “39.7 man hours cleaning your vehicle and i can’t believe you want a refund.”

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted due to language

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post

Using compressed air, the entire cabin and luggage/cargo compartment is blown out.
    ❖ Interior and luggage/cargo compartment is vacuumed.
    ❖ The leather and cloth upholstery are cleaned.
    ❖ Seats are pushed forwards, back, and reclined for thorough cleaning of seat tracks and seating surfaces.
    ❖ All interior trim surfaces are thoroughly cleaned, which include: door panels, armrest, door sills, door jams, seat pockets, storage compartments, cup holders, sun visors, sunshades, control panels, instrument panels, display screens, audio system, touch surfaces, shift knobs, center and rear console, steering wheel, pedal pads, and footrest.
    ❖ All exterior and interior glass surfaces and accent lighting are cleaned.
    ❖ Luggage compartment/cargo space, sills, luggage compartment tray, trunk mat, retractable cargo cover, side panels, hatch panels, and spare tire compartment are thoroughly cleaned.
    ❖ Carpeting and mats are shampooed
    $1700 and they didn’t even do any of that? Heck, for that amount they should’ve done that just to simply over deliver... But they actually described it as part of the package and failed completely... Man what’s up with that?

I think it’s funny how at 1st he was quik to offer a refund, as if it was no sweat since they really didn’t do much anyways... But now he’s asking about you wanting the refund as if he’s more upset that he’s gonna miss out on the payday. Lame. Upsetting...

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast