autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    New video. I’m disgusted.

YouTube
    Bummer bro. John Jones Auto Group opened American Detail in Salem, IN. That's where we are now. Did this hammered Camaro recently and 2019 Grand Cherokee. Good luck amigo sorting it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

New video. I’m disgusted.

YouTube
    I think you know what to do Sir. Lesson learned for all of us - never trust reviews and do your thorough home work (i learned my lesson when bought a new car back a few years ago - got severely ripped off but second car purchase went silky smooth).
    BTW, if you ever have to take the car for a service, make sure you let them know not to wash. Even more than that, print out multiple sheets with NO WASH on them and put around the car. Ask me how i know it...

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I’d post some more photos. Just for comedy. I have to almost laugh at this point it’s so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

One must wonder if they are seeing the same things that the rest of us are... texture blind vs color blind.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes MomNPop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Hell, hopefully you get a refund.

Reinvest that money into a DA and products.
    Ride that shine out through winter and see how it does. A test spot on the door in your last video could easily make you feel better..

Then again I am taking for granted you have a garage and actually feel like doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, does this look like it’s been coated?

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Also, does this look like it’s been coated?

YouTube
    Spraying the water on the surface is not a good way to test hydrophobicity, because it creates droplets that are too small to roll off on their own, and you could only test the contact angle this way. Instead you should pour water (as from a bottle or from a hose) onto the surface, and see how that behaves.

Also, if the surface has not been corrected properly, the tiny scratches (which might be several times deeper than what the coating could fill) will still "catch" and hold back the water trying to roll or slide off the surface, even if the latter has been properly coated. So, again, a car could be perfectly well (even though pointlessly) coated, but not sheet and bead properly, if it has not been corrected prior to that.

9. Likes Goonie75, AutowerxDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsgn View Post
    Spraying the water on the surface is not a good way to test hydrophobicity, because it creates droplets that are too small to roll off on their own, and you could only test the contact angle this way. Instead you should pour water (as from a bottle or from a hose) onto the surface, and see how that behaves.

Also, if the surface has not been corrected properly, the tiny scratches (which might be several times deeper than what the coating could fill) will still "catch" and hold back the water trying to roll or slide off the surface, even if the latter has been properly coated. So, again, a car could be perfectly well (even though pointlessly) coated, but not sheet and bead properly, if it has not been corrected prior to that.
    That was my thought too on spritzing water on the panel. Also, you’d get a better idea on how the “coating” repels water if you poured water on the hood or another horizontal surface where gravity is not going to do most of the work. But I think you’re supposed to let the “coating” cure for a few days to be safe so maybe dousing the paint with water right now is not the best move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    That was my thought too on spritzing water on the panel. Also, you’d get a better idea on how the “coating” repels water if you poured water on the hood or another horizontal surface where gravity is not going to do most of the work. But I think you’re supposed to let the “coating” cure for a few days to be safe so maybe dousing the paint with water right now is not the best move.
    Lol putting water on the “coating” is the least of
    my concerns. I couldn’t care less what happens to the coating now. It’s going to have to be stripped off anyway and re-done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Word of advice....keep a level head. If you have it in writing that he will refund your money than just hang your hat on that. Do not go the CC route - plenty of time for that (some up to 60 days).
    Ditto, Do you have a Better business Bureau in your area ? If so file a complaint....

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast