autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings

That is the question isn't it? When we say "How long it lasts" what does that actually mean? If you mean it will bead water for 12 months or more, ok, but to me beading water doesn't mean jack squat. What impresses me is, how well does a product protect against real life issues like bug splatter, bird bombs, acid raid and what not? Under these conditions, my car that was applied with Cquartz UK 3.0 (2 coats) and Gliss (2 coats) failed after a month. Why do I say that? Because after all the ridiculous prep work that had to be done (I actually had it professionally applied) and the detailer needing my car for 3 days, then I couldn't really drive the car for 7 days so the coating would be "safe" from water and what not, we had a monsoon that past in the middle of summer. Went from 120F to 80F in a matter of moments, dumped a bunch of water for 15 minutes then the sun came out and back to 120F all within an hour. My wife gets her truck home and the car is baked full of water spots. They didn't wash off and the whole truck had to compounded to get the water etchings, bug etchings off. This was after it being done less than a month. To me?? Thats a HUGE Fail. Cost $1500 with product cost and labor, and didn't even last a month.

So what are we actually saying here? If you have to top your "coated" car ever week with a special this or that product?? I mean really?? Give me a break. You know what is really funny? Under the same conditions, with cars of similar color my car, that was out in the same heat, same conditions. and was actually not washed for not a week, but 2 weeks, was humbly washed and then waxed about a month before the monsoons came with Duragloss 105/601 combo. I washed my car NO water etchings, and the bugs came right off. Some bugs required a little extra effort but not one etched. That product cost $12 plus $18 for the 601. So to me? DG is a better product for what I count as "Lasts". Who cares if you have to apply it more often, if I don't have to have the car compounded after every thunderstorm?

I think Si02 products do have their place, and they do have some good qualities. I just feel they are WWAAYY over marketed, and WWAAYY over hyped. They are also HUGE money makers in the world of detailing.

Listen to Mike Phillips "Doesn't matter which product you use, just find a product you like an use it often". This is some wise advise here ����

2. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EppyzMK6 View Post
    That is the question isn't it? When we say "How long it lasts" what does that actually mean? If you mean it will bead water for 12 months or more, ok, but to me beading water doesn't mean jack squat. What impresses me is, how well does a product protect against real life issues like bug splatter, bird bombs, acid raid and what not? Under these conditions, my car that was applied with Cquartz UK 3.0 (2 coats) and Gliss (2 coats) failed after a month. Why do I say that? Because after all the ridiculous prep work that had to be done (I actually had it professionally applied) and the detailer needing my car for 3 days, then I couldn't really drive the car for 7 days so the coating would be "safe" from water and what not, we had a monsoon that past in the middle of summer. Went from 120F to 80F in a matter of moments, dumped a bunch of water for 15 minutes then the sun came out and back to 120F all within an hour. My wife gets her truck home and the car is baked full of water spots. They didn't wash off and the whole truck had to compounded to get the water etchings, bug etchings off. This was after it being done less than a month. To me?? Thats a HUGE Fail. Cost $1500 with product cost and labor, and didn't even last a month.

So what are we actually saying here? If you have to top your "coated" car ever week with a special this or that product?? I mean really?? Give me a break. You know what is really funny? Under the same conditions, with cars of similar color my car, that was out in the same heat, same conditions. and was actually not washed for not a week, but 2 weeks, was humbly washed and then waxed about a month before the monsoons came with Duragloss 105/601 combo. I washed my car NO water etchings, and the bugs came right off. Some bugs required a little extra effort but not one etched. That product cost $12 plus $18 for the 601. So to me? DG is a better product for what I count as "Lasts". Who cares if you have to apply it more often, if I don't have to have the car compounded after every thunderstorm?

I think Si02 products do have their place, and they do have some good qualities. I just feel they are WWAAYY over marketed, and WWAAYY over hyped. They are also HUGE money makers in the world of detailing.

Listen to Mike Phillips "Doesn't matter which product you use, just find a product you like an use it often". This is some wise advise here ����
    For 2 coats of UK and 2 coats of Gliss to fail within a month, tells me that the surface was not prepped correctly or the products were defective.

4. Likes vobro liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to admit that I’ve used MrFix early on and it gave me a good 1 year and 6 months of performance. Could have gone longer but I buffed it off and applied CQUK which has lasted about 2 years or so. MrFix is hard to buff off though and the extra cost of CQUK is worth it for ease of use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123