autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Really Need Help With Urine Smell In Seat. Trying Hard To Help This Person Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmallluvr View Post
    If you get the smell out or the customer decides on cushion and cover replacement I suggest a neoprene seat cover to prevent it from happening again.
    I will bring that up to her. She was asking about that earlier today actually... plus need something for the carpet behind the seat as well .. as it was enough to go between the crevice of the front seat and onto the carpet under.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Really Need Help With Urine Smell In Seat. Trying Hard To Help This Person Out.

Definitely no more steam or extraction, it'll keep coming back. Multiple rounds of an enzyme killer should work. It may take a few days because it will have to dry properly every time, but you'll notice the smell will get less and less.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    Definitely no more steam or extraction, it'll keep coming back. Multiple rounds of an enzyme killer should work. It may take a few days because it will have to dry properly every time, but you'll notice the smell will get less and less.

Well the idea with the steam was to kill bacteria and to bring it to the top. Then of course extractor on vacuum only to get it out.. and then ya with water as well after.

Post Thanks / Like

so an update!

at 1:30am I found that the carpet and the seat were completely dry. This is impressive due to me completely soaking the seat all the way through earlier, also it's cold and rainy out.

Anyhow, the carpet has NO smell to it anywhere. The underside of the seat (foam side) where it was really bad (due to me not being able to get to earlier with the seat in the car) I couldn't smell anything anymore! The top of the seat cushion has just a little bit ... hardly noticeable though. I would say I got about 90 percent out of that seat and 100% out of that carpet. Impressive since this was a more than once accident area over time!

I did spray some more Natures Miracle on both sides of the seat and then also on the carpet ... but a fairly light layer just to make sure it's as good as it's going to get.

So for anyone else needing this. I did the steps in my first post .... then took out the seat. Turned it upside down and saturated it all the way through the foam to the other side with 50/50 water and vinegar. I soaked the carpet as well. I let them sit for about an hour. I used my flat rectangle attachment thing on my shopvac to suck up the water in both the seat and then the carpet. After I did that I then did use water and the extractor on the carpet a couple of good times. I did not use the extractor again on the seat. I then sprayed both heavily with Natures Miracle again and then put air movers on them. One for the carpet and two for the seat ( the seat was at a back angle and air movers were angled at the foam bottom and one on top of the seat cushion)

A few hours later and the smell is gone from the carpet and the seat is about odor free!

I do not think that they will need to be replaced now.

EDIT: I just found that rectangle thing I was talking about .. it is the mytee SOS extraction tool. Goes on a shop vac and pulls water from deeper in carpets and seats.

5. Likes hooked liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get a UV light and look for spots of urine you have missed. It will have to be dark, but its pretty easy to spot urine stains with it.

The urine smell will subside as it dries. Every time you wet it you reactivate any that has been left behind.

Check out janitorial cleaner supply houses for enzyme chemicals. I believe I'm not supposed to post links but enzyme flooding of the area followed by deep extraction is the method of choice in the carpet care industry. Enzyme products quit working when they dry.

The device you're referring to suck out moisture in the carpet padding is commonly called a "water claw". If you search that term you'll find videos of products and techniques to use. There is a small consumer grade water claw I've seen for around $45. The commercial ones are at least $150.

7. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12