autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats your current protection for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yes, I have. It is very "clingy" and coats well.

Be precise in your application though. Don't just go blasting away all over the place. Put a Tyvek suit on, and a face shield.

Work small areas at a time. Don't spray exhaust components. (If a little gets on there, its OK)

Take special care to coat inside rocker panels, and behind any metal bumpers.

Things like rear axles, leaf/coil springs/drive shafts can be coated, but quite honestly will never actually rust through in a normal life, so pick your option on those.
    I just moved south...lol. It seemed easier.

2. Likes Desertnate, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GF's truck - DG 601/111
    My car - DG 501
    Mom's car - DG601/111

Post Thanks / Like

What better way to protect your paint all season long than with a good coating (CQuartz UK 3.0).

Post Thanks / Like

I applied 2 coats of PA Master Sealant with 2 layers of High Gloss on top for last winter and it held up great until I was able to detail it in late May. I was going to try M37 Hi-Def sealant this winter to see if that 10 month durability claim could make it 6 months through a winter, but I think I will go the PA route again.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats your current protection for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    What better way to protect your paint all season long than with a good coating (CQuartz UK 3.0).
    I actually just finished applying this to my car today, first time user.

My new job has me crazy busy so I’m hoping this will net me at least a year. I’d be pretty stoked if it lasts a year.

Had to break the car into three sections and do them on different days (did horizontal panels, passenger side, then driver side) because it was the only way to set aside enough time.

Its supposed to rain Thursday-Monday pretty much, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it behaves.

The application was a more tiresome process than I had anticipated it being, so I think if this lasts at least a year, by time I’m ready to polish again I may try out gloss coat since it just looks stupid easy to apply.

To answer the OP, I’m wearing CQUK 3.0 this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I actually just finished applying this to my car today, first time user.

My new job has me crazy busy so I’m hoping this will net me at least a year. I’d be pretty stoked if it lasts a year.

Had to break the car into three sections and do them on different days (did horizontal panels, passenger side, then driver side) because it was the only way to set aside enough time.

Its supposed to rain Thursday-Monday pretty much, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it behaves.

The application was a more tiresome process than I had anticipated it being, so I think if this lasts at least a year, by time I’m ready to polish again I may try out gloss coat since it just looks stupid easy to apply.

To answer the OP, I’m wearing CQUK 3.0 this winter.

Since you normally don't wash often during winter months..wash with Reset and hit it with Reload after a wash and you'll be a happy camper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I applied 2 coats of PA Master Sealant with 2 layers of High Gloss on top for last winter and it held up great until I was able to detail it in late May. I was going to try M37 Hi-Def sealant this winter to see if that 10 month durability claim could make it 6 months through a winter, but I think I will go the PA route again.
    Do you recall what month you applied PA MS and when you applied the two coats of High Gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Since you normally don't wash often during winter months..wash with Reset and hit it with Reload after a wash and you'll be a happy camper.
    I actually have access to a wash bay at work, so I’ll probably get the chance to wash it a little more often than I otherwise would, but I do plan on washing it and hitting it with reload maybe once every couple months, hoping that helps it hold up.

Truth be told, I should’ve done this in the spring, because I hate washing my car during the summer months more than I hate pulling it into the garage and doing a rinseless during the winter.

11. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yes, I have. It is very "clingy" and coats well.

Be precise in your application though. Don't just go blasting away all over the place. Put a Tyvek suit on, and a face shield.

Work small areas at a time. Don't spray exhaust components. (If a little gets on there, its OK)

Take special care to coat inside rocker panels, and behind any metal bumpers.

Things like rear axles, leaf/coil springs/drive shafts can be coated, but quite honestly will never actually rust through in a normal life, so pick your option on those.
    Do you think its worth it on vehicles with a little surface rust underneath?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    GF's truck - DG 601/111
    My car - DG 501
    Mom's car - DG601/111
    Solid Lineup

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast