autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you Pre-Soak : Pre-Foam and Why

In honor of **beating the cold thread.....

I only use the HP washer to knock off the big stuff from either a salt crusted car or just if the car has been driven in rain, etc and it's filthy from road film during the warmer months

I have not found no amount of dwelling, pre-soaking, extended water soaking to help with ultimately the -mechanical agitation- needed to remove road film regardless
    I pre-foam not cause it helps the car get cleaner, but just extra lubricity for the times I need it *mainly cold winter washers and getting the crud off* and extend the washing time.
    I don't pre-foam March-November ever . I do use the HP during the warmer months for wheels and a pre rinse knock off.

I have the week off. Daily drivers are filthy.
    No snow melt in the way but the roads are trashed with salt everywhere. And of course everywhere I go where -tires- have not made contact with the snow to kick it around, there are -puddles- of salt everywhere where there is noting making contact on it......I know it's pointless to wash, as the salt dust will make the car just as dirty, but I'm washing the daily today anyhow....

For those who have winter conditions or just in general consensus, do you pre-foam, pre-dwell, pre (traffic lane cleaner) the paint, etc and Why.
    In a ideal world I want a complete touchless wash routine but ultimately in my testing, it will need a mechanical wash at the end of the day

Granted, water plays a huge role in how soap: TFR: foam: pre-soak products work. My experience with X shampoo may be totally different than someone else IME just due to water. I've left a salted car outside in a Noreaster rain that rained for 36+ hrs straight. Then a HP rinse...
    IME, even the -long H20- soak did not make much of a difference IME even with the HP rinse afterwards...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you Pre-Soak : Pre-Rinse and Why

For very dirty vehicles....I pre-soak, and here's why:

Does SNOW FOAM do ANYTHING? | Touchless V Autofoam V PH Neutral V Water - YouTube

3. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you Pre-Soak : Pre-Foam and Why

I would look at Bilt Hamber AF/Touchless. Two standout products.

Many/most of all the snow foam/presoak products are a joke and for those that love foam. They don't do much of anything.

Here is a good video of Optimum Power Clean used as a presoak.

OPTIMUM POWER CLEAN قوة منتج - YouTube

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have considered -trying- BH Touchless.......even though I swore off buying pre-soaks

But I have imported/spent way too much money on the other raging pre-soaks discussed over at DW.uk
    And for what the intended use was, IMO, road film still remained or rain driven cars after a pre-soak/ HP rinse
    On salty crusty cars, I did not notice that much of a difference between just water HP rinse and what remained on the panel vs. those highly touted pre soaks I've imported followed by a HP rinse.

When I foam, I am not expecting it to help me -clean debris panel-. Just adding lubricity and working time to clean dirty panels...
    IMO, foam is also a hotmess on the drive floor to rinse away too ;/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    On salty crusty cars, I did not notice that much of a difference between just water HP rinse and what remained on the panel vs. those highly touted pre soaks I've imported followed by a HP rinse.
    I can tell you that without a doubt, using bh touchless as a presoak dry at the coin op, that once i get home after spraying it off that the black buick looks clean, no saltlines no road film lines.

Mind you, the water behavior is not retsored to 100% because that would require a hand wash...but still. Ita the only one i have found so far that completely does the job asked of it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you also using Coin Op Shampoo to spray and rinse. AFAIK, anything commercial in general needs to be -strong- for it's intended market

I've had BH in my cart but have hemmed and hawed on it it, bearing my other experience with those -uk- pre wash soak products....

Post Thanks / Like

Are you also using Coin Op Shampoo to spray and rinse. AFAIK, anything commercial in general needs to be -strong- for it's intended market

I've had BH in my cart but have hemmed and hawed on it it, bearing my other experience with those -uk- pre wash soak products....
    No sir, just spray the car down while its dry with bh touchless, then spray it off using only the high pressure rinse. Thats all Unless it's nice enough or I have access to a garage I will take it home and do a rinseless

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you Pre-Soak : Pre-Foam and Why

I have considered -trying- BH Touchless.......even though I swore off buying pre-soaks

But I have imported/spent way too much money on the other raging pre-soaks discussed over at DW.uk
    And for what the intended use was, IMO, road film still remained or rain driven cars after a pre-soak/ HP rinse

When I foam, I am not expecting it to help me -clean debris panel-. Just adding lubricity and working time to clean dirty panels...
    IMO, foam is also a hotmess on the drive floor to rinse away too ;/
    1 guess on what side was pretreated with Bilt Hamber

It has to do with Cleaning power but really the PH. Alkaline and citrus cleaners will cut TF.

PH Neutral soaps, I believe do soften the grime and make it easier to remove in a mechanical wash. I still PW off and the re foam and continue with bucket wash.

I haven’t found much that works as well as BHAF. Touchless is a VERY close second.

These four pics are before and after. All pretreated to dry car and let dwell for 5 mins then PW off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks JDGolden thanked for this post
    Likes opie, chilly, JDGolden, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    1 guess on what side was pretreated with Bilt Hamber

It has to do with Cleaning power but really the PH. Alkaline and citrus cleaners will cut TF.

PH Neutral soaps, I believe do soften the grime and make it easier to remove in a mechanical wash. I still PW off and the re foam and continue with bucket wash.

I haven’t found much that works as well as BHAF. Touchless is a VERY close second.

These four pics are before and after. All pretreated to dry car and let dwell for 5 mins then PW off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you recommend AF over the Touchless?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    Would you recommend AF over the Touchless?
    As I understand it.....AutoFoam needs to be removed with a pressure washer...Touchless can be removed with a garden hose....not sure if that factors into your decision. Hopefully, Amazon will be on time and I'll have Touchless waiting for me when I get home. Truck is pretty dirty right now, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

16. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast