autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I took the 4Runner through the tunnel wash

I had to push buttons to raise and lower my window and push buttons to enter my wash code

I’m exhausted

Car care is a young man’s game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I miss using the touch-free wash on my OWN carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I miss using the touch-free wash on my OWN carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I got the cheapest monthly plan that includes an undercarriage blast off and doesn’t include a “genuine ceramic coating” so I don’t have to fight that stuff

The colored foam is bad enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to my friend's cookout and washed his daughter's sweet 16 present. I coated it ten months ago and I'm using it as my test vehicle to see how long the coating will last. It's maintained below average so I get a chance to gather some real world data. Ten months in and the water is beading as if the job was done yesterday.

When I was finished his wife asked how did I get the wheels to look like they do now. I looked at her with a straight face and said "I washed them." No magic soap or fancy Tik Tok wheel cleaner. Just a good old fashioned washing. That's my secret.

6. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did alot todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

First thing was my g/f's Cruze, it was dirty from a trip to Indy over the weekend for a wedding. The Griot's Garage spray ceramic was doing its job, made cleaning easyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the cleaning I used a RW I haven't used in forever...N914, LOL. It's the original formula and it cleaned VERY well, the rinse bucket was very dirtyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also cleaned the tires & wheels, tires were brown, I knew what I was using right away...TWHS Hyper Foam! It didn't take long for the tires to turn B R O W N, all 4 brushes called into service, cleaned up VERY well, another Turtle Wax product that I hope doesn't go away, it's perfect for tires/wheels that are actually dirtyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After drying the tires and leaving them to dry further in the sun I noticed the Turtle What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Wax Mr. Cartoon Tire Coat was still there but a little streaky, like it wore off a little bit, no worries, I applied a fresh coat to even things out. Now I'm not saying it failed, not sure why it looked like that in places, it wasn't that bad and could've stayed that way but, well, you guys know meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

That's all for the Cruze and it's funny as I post this it's starting to rain What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Later on after I was done with the Cruze and had a couple brats, I turned my attention to the EN, certainly that's why it's raining as I make this postWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Let's go back to the morning though, I did a foam/dwell/rinse/free flow w/ no dry using Griot's Garage Brillant Shine snow foam. I just wanted to knock down the overnight rain and foliage...and I did but seeing as I had time to myself today, well, I can't sit stillWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to do a RW, choice this time was Griot's Garage Ceramic Rinseless Wash, another favorite in the collection (no Gyeon ECO RW though)What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used it to clean the tires & wheel spokes and faces too, no barrels this time around as I knew it would be raining later today (and it is) as well as tomorrowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I was done with the outside I turned my attention to the interior. I started with a vac, clean as you go makes for a quick vacuuming. Next was DIY Detail Clean and Protect for all Alcantara bits (except door panel inserts). Next was the leather sections, Geist leather conditioner was asked to do it's usual awesomeness! Next I reached for the DIY Detail Clean and Protect once again for the rest of the interior and I finished by using Griot's Garage Stinky Be Gone JDM Squash to the carpets and seat inserts...FRESHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I can go inside and pour myself some Coke ZERO sugar and relax, I'm sure a COPS marathon is onWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Later on after I was done with the Cruze and had a couple brats, I turned my attention to the EN, certainly that's why it's raining as I make this postWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Let's go back to the morning though, I did a foam/dwell/rinse/free flow w/ no dry using Griot's Garage Brillant Shine snow foam. I just wanted to knock down the overnight rain and foliage...and I did but seeing as I had time to myself today, well, I can't sit stillWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to do a RW, choice this time was Griot's Garage Ceramic Rinseless Wash, another favorite in the collection (no Gyeon ECO RW though)What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used it to clean the tires & wheel spokes and faces too, no barrels this time around as I knew it would be raining later today (and it is) as well as tomorrowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I was done with the outside I turned my attention to the interior. I started with a vac, clean as you go makes for a quick vacuuming. Next was DIY Detail Clean and Protect for all Alcantara bits (except door panel inserts). Next was the leather sections, Geist leather conditioner was asked to do it's usual awesomeness! Next I reached for the DIY Detail Clean and Protect once again for the rest of the interior and I finished by using Griot's Garage Stinky Be Gone JDM Squash to the carpets and seat inserts...FRESHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I can go inside and pour myself some Coke ZERO sugar and relax, I'm sure a COPS marathon is onWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

How much would you say you annually spend on detailing supplies? You have more products than a high end detailing business.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    How much would you say you annually spend on detailing supplies? You have more products than a high end detailing business.
    Honestly I'm not sure but I do several RW's, pre-wash soaps and regular soaps, plus other stuffWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You've seen my "silence of the lambs" room, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You've seen my "silence of the lambs" room, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Go ahead, show us again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Go ahead, show us again
    Alright...you askedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I'm not sure but I do several RW's, pre-wash soaps and regular soaps, plus other stuffWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I can fall into the same catagory. Friends shake their heads when they see stuff I have. But I chuckle, it's more 'hobby' for me than business. And I think I can say it's the same for you and alot of us on here, hobby and mental peace. Even with the collection I have, I see other pasttimes and don't feel so bad for output $$$ - golf, fishing, atv/dirtbike/sled, drinking, etc
    We all need outlets, this is a pretty good one, harmless, productive, and when others benefit from it they sure are happy.
    And like hobbiests or collectors, when a new 'product/tool/toy/etc comes out, we just wanna try it.

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs, SNP209, chilly liked this post
Page 1230 of 1250 FirstFirst ... 23073011301180122012211222122312241225122612271228122912301231123212331234123512361237123812391240 ... LastLast