autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Polised with 3d aca520, lc force white pad, flex supa beast.

This was fully repainted and finished in jan-feb this year...already needed gone over lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Polised with 3d aca520, lc force white pad, flex supa beast.

This was fully repainted and finished in jan-feb this year...already needed gone over lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I guess that's kind of guaranteed work for you but man, what a shame

I assume these are custom paint jobs, hopefully with LOTS of extra clear coat?

Post Thanks / Like

Not today, but Friday...I got reminded how much of a rookie I am when it comes to polishing. Told my Dad it would be no problem to help him with some scratches (that he self-installed seemingly using rocks to wipe away mud). 2015 Chrysler Town & Country - silver paint. Turns out I was over confident given that all previous polishing was on fairly new cars.

It proved to be quite a workout. I was about to call it a day when the Rupes blue system turned my garage into what looked like an orgy. I switched it up and pulled out the HF Forced Rotation Hercules and that was a big help. I've been a little too cautious and scared of it I think but it proved itself 10x this time. I'd say I was able to fix about 80% of what I set out to fix. Tossed a quick coating (PBL Diamond) and cleaned up the interior. I was content, not thrilled. Feedback was "it looks brand new" so I'll call it a win and early Father's Day gift - especially since the vehicle itself was my grandfather's so it holds some sentimental value for him.

Needles to say I've been back to the forums and videos to conquer the LHR21 and Rupes Blue system for next time. That's probably the most aggressive option I have but the user error was too much. Those scratches were deep but got a good amount out anyways.

No pictures, I really meant to do those but forgot the before ones and by the end was just frustrated noticing what I DID NOT achieve. Oh well, it's probably one more hailstorm away from an insurance payout.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

4. Likes chilly, opie, bill walsh, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Not today, but Friday...I got reminded how much of a rookie I am when it comes to polishing. Told my Dad it would be no problem to help him with some scratches (that he self-installed seemingly using rocks to wipe away mud). 2015 Chrysler Town & Country - silver paint. Turns out I was over confident given that all previous polishing was on fairly new cars.

It proved to be quite a workout. I was about to call it a day when the Rupes blue system turned my garage into what looked like an orgy. I switched it up and pulled out the HF Forced Rotation Hercules and that was a big help. I've been a little too cautious and scared of it I think but it proved itself 10x this time. I'd say I was able to fix about 80% of what I set out to fix. Tossed a quick coating (PBL Diamond) and cleaned up the interior. I was content, not thrilled. Feedback was "it looks brand new" so I'll call it a win and early Father's Day gift - especially since the vehicle itself was my grandfather's so it holds some sentimental value for him.

Needles to say I've been back to the forums and videos to conquer the LHR21 and Rupes Blue system for next time. That's probably the most aggressive option I have but the user error was too much. Those scratches were deep but got a good amount out anyways.

No pictures, I really meant to do those but forgot the before ones and by the end was just frustrated noticing what I DID NOT achieve. Oh well, it's probably one more hailstorm away from an insurance payout.

I can't compare to other products, as I have only used mostly Rupes system, but I have had fantastic results with Rupes blue coarse compound and pads (foam and wool). For me they take out all but the deep scratches (paint gone) and finish out really nice. Followed with either of the two finest polishes I have, Uno Pure and Xtreme Solutions Finish'er, and to me, couldn't ask for more.

6. Likes Uncbrs, chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    I can't compare to other products, as I have only used mostly Rupes system, but I have had fantastic results with Rupes blue coarse compound and pads (foam and wool). For me they take out all but the deep scratches (paint gone) and finish out really nice. Followed with either of the two finest polishes I have, Uno Pure and Xtreme Solutions Finish'er, and to me, couldn't ask for more.
    Pretty sure my issue was user error. I am going to grab some of the wool pads though during the sales this weekend.

I've had good luck with the yellow so had to be something I did with the more coarse pad.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You're a wild man, Eldo! Those look like they were a ton of work.
    I forgot to mention, once I got done with the boat, I also washed the truck that’s hauling it.🫡lol.

10. Likes Uncbrs, chilly, SNP209, Klasse Act, Big Dave and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The truck finally some attention today. It was treated to a two bucket wash with Meguiars Hyperwash. Then it got a treatment of Beadmaker. The tires were treated with Duragloss 253.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The truck finally some attention today. It was treated to a two bucket wash with Meguiars Hyperwash. Then it got a treatment of Beadmaker. The tires were treated with Duragloss 253.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best paint color on those trucks.

13. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Best paint color on those trucks.
    Thanks Ric. I love that color. GM called is Dark Blue Metallic. The pollen around here is in full swing. The truck was green when I started.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eldo, did the owner back the boat into the driveway, or you?

17. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 1228 of 1245 FirstFirst ... 22872811281178121812191220122112221223122412251226122712281229123012311232123312341235123612371238 ... LastLast