autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Its been 2 years since ive seen this denali. It does get driven year round but garage kept. At that time it had a once over with the machine to clean up the paint and i had applied cancoat evo.

Today after a proper decon wash(alkiline/iron remover/descale. The bottom half which water behaviour was flat, had came back to life. I was suprised.

Mind you the owner washes with megs ultimate wash and wax. Im going to try and get him to try and switch to hyper wash.

The front fender and door had body work done last year so you can see part way onto the back door where the water goes from flat to beading. Thats where the paint guy had blended/buffed to.

All other paint had beading restored. I ran a fine nanoskin mit over the paint to remove some bonded contaminants at the owners request. And the crap came off way easier than on the bare fender and door that was repainted.

The owner requested a proper decon and a fresh application of can coat evo evo.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Big Dave, chilly, Klasse Act, DFB, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Its been 2 years since ive seen this denali. It does get driven year round but garage kept. At that time it had a once over with the machine to clean up the paint and i had applied cancoat evo.

Today after a proper decon wash(alkiline/iron remover/descale. The bottom half which water behaviour was flat, had came back to life. I was suprised.

Mind you the owner washes with megs ultimate wash and wax. Im going to try and get him to try and switch to hyper wash.

The front fender and door had body work done last year so you can see part way onto the back door where the water goes from flat to beading. Thats where the paint guy had blended/buffed to.

All other paint had beading restored. I ran a fine nanoskin mit over the paint to remove some bonded contaminants at the owners request. And the crap came off way easier than on the bare fender and door that was repainted.

The owner requested a proper decon and a fresh application of can coat evo evo.

How long did the CanCoat application take?

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I will let you know in a day or two, as i have it prepped but have not applied yet. I dont remember what it took me when i first did it 2 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Used as a topper a few months ago. Sprayed into applicator, applied, and did wipe-off. Super easy. A mid-size SUV I think took 30-45mins max. I was in no rush though.

These new spray and wipe coatings are pretty impressive. I'm curious about the newest Meg's one as well.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A simple QD on the Qashqai today, used NV Boost V2, it was mainly dusty with a few dead bugs up front. Cleaned the glass with Carpro Clarify Phobic, I'm still surprised by the banana scent every time I use it. Applied some Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing to the rubber after rotating the tyres yesterday.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes Uncbrs, Klasse Act, CleanIT, DFB, opie and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a routine wash with Reset. Can Coat Evo beads like crazy.

11. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are taking the new car on it’s first road trip in a few days

We are going to visit our granddaughters in Homer Alaska for our oldest granddaughter’s 16th birthday

Homer is on the ocean so lots of seagulls and lots of ravens as well

That prompted me to finally get a “bird bomb box” ready

Towels were an easy choice but I kept trying to cram a WW/QD, an interior cleaner, and a glass cleaner into the box I selected to fit in an allocated location

I finally just quit fighting it and came to the conclusion I should have come to all along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    We are taking the new car on it’s first road trip in a few days

We are going to visit our granddaughters in Homer Alaska for our oldest daughter’s 16th birthday

Homer is on the ocean so lots of seagulls and lots of ravens as well

That prompted me to finally get a “bird bomb box” ready

Towels were an easy choice but I kept trying to cram a WW/QD, an interior cleaner, and a glass cleaner into the box I selected to fit in an allocated location

I finally just quit fighting it and came to the conclusion I should have come to all along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really need to put togeather a little emergency kit like this. I have an unopened jug of Absolute, perfect reason to crack it open.

14. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to throw caution to the wind and do a touchless wash on my car, instead of experimenting on my wife’s. It’s been rainy this week and my car was covered in a light layer of mud and a ton of tree sperm. I gave it a nice bath in Auto Foam at 4% PIR and followed up with Reset, mostly because I like to use my foam cannon. Dried it with my ego and did a final wipe down with Gyeon Ceramic Detailer to get those few remaining drops of water. It worked flawlessly.

I’ll give it a proper contact wash after I return from this road trip to Atlanta. I know my front bumper will be covered in a million bugs when I get home.

16. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The FNW returnsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I've got some time before I pick up my daughter from movie night at school, so let's get after it hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The EN has been rained on a bit but when driving the roads were fairly dry by then, no worries as the Gyeon Q2 Pure EVO is going strong! I did a simple pre-wash w/ Bilt-Hamber Touchless, let dwell and hosed off and then free flowing water to knock down the beads and flush out the jams...MF'er (who gets that referenceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

I then dried off the EN and used Nv Boost v2 and damn...WHAT A PRODUCT! I mean it's cooling down, about 52 and sun going down and stuff was a FANTASTIC drying aid and the slickness, yeah it's an "enhanced quick detailer" alright, Aussies over here sandbaggin'! This product is VERY V E R Y slick and I'm sure the gloss is thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up drying the rims and tires and I'm about to do a quick vac, have some Dr. Pepper ZERO and head out to pick up the little oneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

18. Likes Uncbrs, chilly, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 1200 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 200700110011501190119111921193119411951196119711981199120012011202120312041205120612071208 LastLast