autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I've done this my wife's SUV but I'm scared to try it on my own. I fear that I'll have some dirt left over and even with using a drying aid I might scratch something.
    I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that uses the wife's vehicle for an experiment! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hers is also a white metallic paint that seems mostly invincible so it encourages courage.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Not with a great pre-wash soap like Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam, DIY Detail Incredible Suds is also a great choiceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Do you add DIY All Clean into the Incredible Suds? I feel like I read this somewhere... mixing a small amount into it to boost cleaning power.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Do you add DIY All Clean into the Incredible Suds? I feel like I read this somewhere... mixing a small amount into it to boost cleaning power.

I have been known to mix products and that would be okay but just know that the built hamber is going to be a little runny because it actually works.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been known to mix products and that would be okay but just know that the built hamber is going to be a little runny because it actually works.

Yeah I have both BH pre-wash products and often use those straight. I was wondering about creating a touchless option with the two DIY products. Or maybe I misunderstood how you use DIY?

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not with a great pre-wash soap like Bilt-Hamber Touchless or Auto-foam, DIY Detail Incredible Suds is also a great choiceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used Auto Foam followed by Reset on my wife's RDX and it worked great. I used my Ego to remove all but a few drops of water and mopped up the rest with my towel and drying aid. My car could use a good wash but it's going to rain this week. Maybe I'll try it this afternoon and see how it goes.

I'm interested to see how this new soap, Frostbite from P&S, works out. It's 9.8 on the ph scale and is their version of a prewash. It would be nice to have a homegrown prewash so I don't have to pay the shipping fee with stuff from BH.

9. Likes chilly, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have both BH pre-wash products and often use those straight. I was wondering about creating a touchless option with the two DIY products. Or maybe I misunderstood how you use DIY?

When I use DIY detail incredible suds I only put 1 oz of product with one gallon of water in my IK FOAM Pro 12, works great!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Uncbrs, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that uses the wife's vehicle for an experiment! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    First machine polish I did was on my gf's car. It was a win-win.

13. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's truth in detailing time

I thought it was warm enough yesterday afternoon to do a rinse-less outside so I got everything staged and backed the car out and looked at what I would be working on

The front and sides of the car had gotten badly splashed on the ride home from the tunnel wash last Friday but I felt sure a rinse-less with a good pre-spray would be safe but the lift gate was still dirty and the bumper and facia were worse

It was cold and I was in the shade and so I figured I would hit those areas first, leave the RW solution wet on them, then hit the roof and start my way around the car, hitting the problem areas again

I used McKees N914 at WW/QD dilution and soaked the back end and let it dwell a bit and started on the lift gate and it came pretty clean so I left it wet and worked down to the bumper and facia and knocked off the new road spray but the problem areas I saw after the tunnel wash on Friday were still there

I hit the bad spots again and it did't phase them so I got a brush and my bottle of heavy Hyper Wash mix, sprayed the brush and the bad spots and went at them gently, and it didn't touch them

I knew they weren't there when I left the dealer two weeks prior and tried my best to figure out what it could be

Here comes the embarrassing part...

Last Sunday we went to Easter brunch at my son's house and I took a baked glazed ham

The ham was in a throwaway aluminum pan, sitting in a cardboard box in the back of the car next to the pup's kennel

My son's driveway is steep and after we got there, I got my wife out and situated, I got the side dishes and stuff out of the middle floor, I popped the tailgate and pulled down the apron on the rear waterproof "pet mat" and discovered the ham juice had sloshed out of the pan, soaked the cardboard and was all over the pet mat, and when I pulled down the apron on the pet mat some of the the juice ran down the lip of the hatch opening, over the bumper, and down the facia

I hadn't made up my normal "bird bomb box" for the new car yet and didn't want to start wiping on the paint with a shop towel so we mopped up what was inside, thankfully contained by the pet mat and the all weather mat below it and left the mess on the bumper "for later"

Later didn't come and now I am looking at these spots that are probably going to need Dawn or BH AF or something to break down

By this time my hands were soaked, it was in the upper 30s and I was chilled to the bone so I went over the area one last time with RW just to make sure I wasn't leaving any HW and wrapped things up because we had to run to our son's house

I stopped at the tunnel wash on the way home from my son's just to make sure anything I had used was neutralized and rinsed and the spots are still there

So this morning I am getting together a bird bomb box and strategizing how best to attack the ham juice

I am thinking BH AF at a double ratio, agitated with a brush, and the quarter car wash to make sure all the AF gets neutralized

Post Thanks / Like

First wash since ADS coating application. Sun was down, so actually did a bucket wash for once only because i wanted to try out ADS shampoo+. Nice soap, but ill keep it for the mtm foam cannon as this bucket wash reminded me how much i prefer rinseless. Paint felt nice and slick! ADS amplify for the post dry wipedown.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

16. Likes Big Dave, chilly, DFB, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    First wash since ADS coating application. Sun was down, so actually did a bucket wash for once only because i wanted to try out ADS shampoo+. Nice soap, but ill keep it for the mtm foam cannon as this bucket wash reminded me how much i prefer rinseless. Paint felt nice and slick! ADS amplify for the post dry wipedown.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Which coating did you do from ADS?

Page 1198 of 1214 FirstFirst ... 19869810981148118811891190119111921193119411951196119711981199120012011202120312041205120612071208 ... LastLast