autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Using the lines and tire stop I can fit either car in and shut the garage door, but I can't open the FJs rear door fully, it's a swing out door. It also gives me room to work all round either vehicle, except the front of the FJ, there's only an inch between the bull bar and the door, and yes, I still find myself checking how close the door is every time I close it.

I don't trust reverse cameras for guidance while reversing either, even though a lot of them have moving guide lines. I use it only to confirm there is nothing behind me. The FJs reverse display is in the mirror anyway, so it's quite small. I'm sure I could pull some wires and connect it to my aftermarket head unit's camera input, but it sounds a bit involved. I might google it, somebody has probably already done it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not me obviously, but this is day 2 for this guy on this job, I passed him yesterday morning as well, I hope he's being paid well.

I didn't stop and bother him either, he knows what he's doing and he doesn't need someone slowing things down.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wash my car myself for the first time in 4 months…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

After THREE straight days of rain it was time to wash the EN, dirty but because of my 1.5 year old Gyeon Q2 Pure EVO coating it wasn't "that" bad, let's goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've got today off of work because I had one more vacation day to use before April 9th, use it or lose it! When I put in for the day last week it was supposed to sunny and 59, fast forward to today, party sunny, eventually and 46What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to use P&S Asolute RW and it's another one of those very solid RW's, I know some have had issues with it but I haven't. I'm also getting close to the bottom of the bottle, thinning the hurdWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Later on my buddy who owns a mobile tire business is coming over to remove the winter set-up, remove the Pirelli's from my KN rims, add new tpms' that actually work and wrap the KN rims in my one season old, OEM spec, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s rubberWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well due to the snow last night and this morning the roads were a disaster but I wasn’t going to miss the first day for a wash following the ceramic coating

I went to the touch less tunnel wash where I have a monthly pass, broke out the IK foamer full of BH Auto Foam and started around the car

I should have soaked the back first but I didn’t and the rear end got less than the rest and I had none left for the wheels

I honestly didn’t count on just how huge this car is

I let it dwell for just a couple of minutes and went through the wash and dry

It did a decent job except for the worst of the back end

Sadly by the time I got home it was trashed again from the sloppy snowy roads but it was clean for about 5 minutes

I’m weighing the benefits of a rinseless wash vs possible harm and I haven’t come to a conclusion yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, SNP209, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally figured out a good use for this. It was only $21 on Aliexpress

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This weekend I learned white is a love/ hate relationship. It's very forgiving 90% of the time but I was sort of hoping after a weekend of full decon, clay, polishing and my first run at a more advanced coating, it would shine a little differently than after every maintenance wash. I can't say I see it just yet but I take a little solace in knowing it has a solid coating base for the foreseeable future. The white though can be a real pain with high spots (still finding some after 24hrs). Labocosmetica Veritas has been a life saver!

I also bought a Rupes 21mm and the HF Hercules forced rotation polishers this winter that I got to use during this cleanup so that's a bonus. I like them both. And I love the LC Pad Washer... it cleaned up pads from last Fall that I thought were clean. I feel like I can now justify buying all 3 of those.

High winds and rain today (the coating cure time just passed) so haven't taken it outside to do final inspection it but feels good to be done. Mileage on it is about to go up about 200mi a week, so hopefully the paint will be ready.

Thankful for a stockpiled load of "sick days" for giving me Friday and today to finish this and still have Sunday to enjoy now.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

11. Likes Big Dave, Gridlink, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been fixing up an older Mitsubishi we've had from my father-in-law. Plan on getting it wrapped with my company graphics when its done. I used 1200 grit 2" inch wet sanding discs with the Flex PXE then microfiber
    LC 2"inch micro with 3D500
    On the grill used Plastidip.
    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Likes Uncbrs, chilly, Big Dave, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd spruce up the bullbar a bit, I had some leftover Reset in my bucket from washing my brother's Outlander a couple of weeks ago. Once dry I thought I'd put some Collinite 845 on it. The paint didn't look too bad, so I gave it a wipe over with Ech2o, I didn't bother with the lower plastics, wheels, or tyres, we still have puddles every where from the rain bomb last week, an inch of rain on Thursday and 4 inches on Friday.

The second pic is of my neighbour's Skoda, it got a wash today as well, but not by me. While I was working on my brother's car, my next door neighbour was hinting about getting her Skoda washed, sounding me out, I sort of talked around what a wash and spray coating might cost elsewhere, but not what I'd charge. This may have led to the Skoda getting foamed, rinsed, washed, and vacuumed today, after I took the shot he came back out and sprayed something on the tyres from an aerosol can. I stayed inside working on the FJ, keeping my head down.

15. Likes Uncbrs, Klasse Act, DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a week of rain, finally did a Maintenace wash on the truck Saturday. They were calling for rain, but never happened. Usual wash and detail. Finished with wet wax and #253 on the tires. And temps are starting to moderate, so just set up my stuff back in the garage.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

17. Likes Uncbrs, chilly liked this post
Page 1195 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 19569510951145118511861187118811891190119111921193119411951196119711981199120012011202120312041205 ... LastLast