autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

One of my first customers, and friend, finally came back so that I could show him how to wash his car with a foam cannon. He’s been doing RW but I told him that at some point he was going to have to break out a good soap since he doesn’t wash frequently enough to get the most from his coating. I was pleased to see that it’s been 18 months and the coating is still doing great. I ordered him a bottle of Reset and now he’s well on his way to making that coating last. He even threw me a $50 tip when this wash was on the house.

2. Likes chilly, Uncbrs, Klasse Act, Big Dave, opie and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took the g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash this morning, even though it's going to rainWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used 3 oz og Griot's Garage Brillant Shine snow foam and 2 oz of Griot's Garage Foaming Surface Wash as the pre-wash, her car was pretty dirty and even though it's not perfect that combo did a pretty good job, just the lower panels have traffic film visible What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The weather is going to suck over the next 3 days, getting the IK Foam Pro 12 loaded up with Bilt-Hamber Touchless shortlyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes chilly, Big Dave, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash time for the FJ, a quick one though, it's just a little dusty.

Cleaned the wheels with the new formula Bowden's Wheely Clean, which cleans just as good as the old formula, but scent isn't as obnoxious, it is still very strong though.

I used the leftover Meg's Gold Class in my foam cannon from my brother's SUV last weekend to foam it up. It came out thicker this time, but I still had enough to get around the FJ completely, including up in the wheel wells. Rinsed it with the Ryobi pressure washer, the Gold Class worked fine, removed all the dust, and the bird bomb on the drivers door.

It was warm outside so I moved it back inside for drying, glided my big Gyeon twisted loop towel over and it sucked up all the moisture, dried in the door jambs and wheels with a trusty old synthetic chamois.

I also gave it a fresh coating of NV Boost V2, even in the door jambs, why not.

Finished off by putting some TWHS Ceramic Wet Wax on the wheels, and topping up the Meg's Hyper Dressing on the tyres, although the tyres just seem to eat the Meg's HD right up.

All up the wash and dry took me less than an hour, topping up the Boost V2 on and doing the wheels and tyres added another hour and a half.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

6. Likes chilly, SNP209, Uncbrs, Klasse Act, DFB and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

Cleaned the wheels with the new formula Bowden's Wheely Clean, which cleans just as good as the old formula, but scent isn't as obnoxious, it is still very strong though.

I used the leftover Meg's Gold Class in my foam cannon from my brother's SUV last weekend to foam it up. It came out thicker this time, but I still had enough to get around the FJ completely, including up in the wheel wells. Rinsed it with the Ryobi pressure washer, the Gold Class worked fine, removed all the dust, and the bird bomb on the drivers door.

It was warm outside so I moved it back inside for drying, glided my big Gyeon twisted loop towel over and it sucked up all the moisture, dried in the door jambs and wheels with a trusty old synthetic chamois.

Finished off by putting some TWHS Ceramic Wet Wax on the wheels, and topping up the Meg's Hyper Dressing on the tyres, although the tyres just seem to eat the Meg's HD right up.

All up the wash and dry took me less than an hour, topping up the Boost V2 on and doing the wheels and tyres added another hour and a half.

Looks like the dog helped you dress the tires?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

8. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Looks like the dog helped you dress the tires?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    She does like to photo bomb, she's a bit ADHD.

10. Likes SNP209, DFB, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 can black mat barbecue paint 2 cans Plasti Dip
    Ben getting it ready to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

12. Likes Big Dave, Eldorado2k, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished up the Chevy Silverado yesterday. Came out pretty freaking amazing if I say so myself. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I really had no intention of working on a car today but my wife got back from another trip to Alabama last night. When I went into the garage today and saw that she had hit every bug on her way home I knew I had to get to work. I don’t let bugs and bird bombs to sit on my paint.

I pretreated the bugs with a nice dose of Auto Foam and you can see how it started dissolving them just as good as any dedicated bug remover.

CarPro Darkside is still going strong after over 1,000 miles since application. I did top off with Adam’s graphene dressing just for that little extra pop.

This is why I like coatings. 45 minutes and the SUV was cleaned and protected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I really had no intention of working on a car today but my wife got back from another trip to Alabama last night. When I went into the garage today and saw that she had hit every bug on her way home I knew I had to get to work. I don’t let bugs and bird bombs to sit on my paint.
    I'm thoroughly convinced the SO seeks out puddles, other people's windshield washer fluid, mud, salt, etc. Thankfully bugs aren't a thing for Colorado but how do they manage it? 5 miles or 500 miles... consider my previous weekend's efforts ruined. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

16. Likes Optimus Grime, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

I need parking stripes and a tire stop like you

I was going to do the tennis ball trick but I really need to back the new car in so I can open the lift gate with the garage door closed

When I put it in reverse the side mirrors automatically point downward so seeing the lines would be easy

I don't trust the back up camera and parking sensors, the screen looks and sounds like a pinball machine when I get close to what's behind me and it's distracting

Page 1194 of 1214 FirstFirst ... 19469410941144118411851186118711881189119011911192119311941195119611971198119912001201120212031204 ... LastLast