autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    While it did stain my Legacy Sponge, it still did a great job. I'm not overly worried about stains on the sponge to be honest. I can use towels instead if needed.
    Let us know if you try a towel, I use MF pads and it stained mine horribly, I'd say worse than the old ONR (I only say that because I still have V.3 ONR so I don't know if the newer versions stain less). I haven't washed that pad, so I don't know if the staining comes out easier than the ONR staining (which doesn't come out easily).

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice my sponge stained, I mean the stuff is a light orange, not sure where this staining is coming fromWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

No, the dirt from the car stains the media. This has been going on since the QEW days, followed by ONR, but I didn't think any of the later products do that, so I was kind of shocked at how bad the Idrosave was. DG or Uber never stained for me, I don't think EcH20 does either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I did do both, minus the lowboy trailer. But the semi was the contestant in the show

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    DAMN….. you my friend are the man for tackling that beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little dish soap and 0 steel wool.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to give my car one last good wash before it spends the next three months never being clean for more than 10 minutes. Within two hours of washing my car it was coated in tree sperm and it’s only gotten worse.

After five trips to Caliber Collision, stay far far away if you ever need a body shop, they finally fixed all of their mistakes and I was able to recoat my wife’s SUV. After a trip to Alabama for two weeks it was time to give it the first post coating wash and remove all of the Alabama from the vehicle. I reapplied Darkside since it’s going right back to Alabama in a few days. Despite driving 1000s of miles in all kinds of weather conditions, it was relatively clean with the exception of a few bug on the front and a light film covering it. I do love a good coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post

After five trips to Caliber Collision, stay far far away if you ever need a body shop, they finally fixed all of their mistakes and I was able to recoat my wife’s SUV.
    Five trips, wow, do you think they'll take this as a learning opportunity, maybe improve their processes, do some more training. Or will they just be glad to see the back of you, maybe bring in a rule about working on crazy detailers cars.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Five trips, wow, do you think they'll take this as a learning opportunity, maybe improve their processes, do some more training. Or will they just be glad to see the back of you, maybe bring in a rule about working on crazy detailers cars.

This was pure negligence and not me being anal since the vehicle is meticulously maintained. After the first visit, they fixed the damaged panels and in the process left three dents in the driver’s door, overspray on it, polished the panel above the front wheel well and removed the coating (this panel was not damaged in the least from the accident). When we took it back to have those issues addressed, they messed up the hood and the front passenger door and had to do some repainting and completely mismatched the color. I didn’t take it back to that location and took the issue up with my insurance since they have a satisfaction guarantee. They escalated the case and got me in touch with the district manager and he immediately booked a car rental and within two days of us communicating he had an appointment to fix the issues. He wanted me to come by so that he could see the vehicle in person but he called me after getting a hold of the pictures from previous location and could see that it was a botched paint job. He took care of everything and reimbursed me for the cost to recoat. The district manager had excellent customer service but he needs to clean house at the original shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    This was pure negligence and not me being anal since the vehicle is meticulously maintained. After the first visit, they fixed the damaged panels and in the process left three dents in the driver’s door, overspray on it, polished the panel above the front wheel well and removed the coating (this panel was not damaged in the least from the accident). When we took it back to have those issues addressed, they messed up the hood and the front passenger door and had to do some repainting and completely mismatched the color. I didn’t take it back to that location and took the issue up with my insurance since they have a satisfaction guarantee. They escalated the case and got me in touch with the district manager and he immediately booked a car rental and within two days of us communicating he had an appointment to fix the issues. He wanted me to come by so that he could see the vehicle in person but he called me after getting a hold of the pictures from previous location and could see that it was a botched paint job. He took care of everything and reimbursed me for the cost to recoat. The district manager had excellent customer service but he needs to clean house at the original shop.
    So it seems like the district manager might take option 1, this gives them the opportunity to correct some issues. Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I got home from work today I did a DIY Detail RW on the EN, I finished up the bottle infactWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used the GD method and I've gotta admit...it was VERY hard to not reach for the Labocosmetica Idrosave but like I said, I finished up a bottle and in a weird way, I like doing thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1190 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 19069010901140118011811182118311841185118611871188118911901191119211931194119511961197119811991200 ... LastLast