autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    i hear ya. i did an exterior wash on my gf's mom's car. the interior is way past the point where i would want to work on it.

your ryobi shows both bar and psi?
    Yeah, but I ignore the bar reading, psi is what I grew up with, and is more accurate IMO.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I finished up on my brother's Bitsashiti Outlander, polished the roof, sides, and back door with Menzerna PF2500 on a Scholl Blue Spider pad, and wiped it all down with Eraser. Went through all the different coatings on the shelf, but decided to go with Collinite 845 in the end, I was constrained for time. I was going to apply by machine but this thing has some weird curves, so I did it by hand, used CG Monster Fluff MF Applicator, which worked brilliantly, I couldn't have done it faster by machine.

I cleaned the interior glass with Krystal Klear Bubble Gum Blitz, and the exterior glass with Carpro Clarify Phobic, which was very easy to apply this time, I can only assume it's because this glass had zero protection on it.

I put some Meg's Hyper Dressing on the tyres, then reapplied it 2 hours later when it completely disappeared, these tyres have also never had anything on them, probably.

3. Likes Uncbrs, DFB, bill walsh, SNP209, JDGolden and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I finished up on my brother's Bitsashiti Outlander, polished the roof, sides, and back door with Menzerna PF2500 on a Scholl Blue Spider pad, and wiped it all down with Eraser. Went through all the different coatings on the shelf, but decided to go with Collinite 845 in the end, I was constrained for time. I was going to apply by machine but this thing has some weird curves, so I did it by hand, used CG Monster Fluff MF Applicator, which worked brilliantly, I couldn't have done it faster by machine.

I cleaned the interior glass with Krystal Klear Bubble Gum Blitz, and the exterior glass with Carpro Clarify Phobic, which was very easy to apply this time, I can only assume it's because this glass had zero protection on it.

I put some Meg's Hyper Dressing on the tyres, then reapplied it 2 hours later when it completely disappeared, these tyres have also never had anything on them, probably.

Damn Dave that red is G L O W I N GWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? You've got a knack for bringing out the colorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Damn Dave that red is G L O W I N GWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? You've got a knack for bringing out the colorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Believe it or not, this is the first red paint I've ever worked on, but I could see a red vehicle in my future. I've always had whites, blues, and various silvers. Here's a pic of when I returned it to my brother, he's baby sitting his grand kids, boys 4 and 8, at my nephew's house for the weekend, that's how I got access to it. The poor bugger is more tired than I am. The paint still looks rough close up, but the gloss hides a lot, although he did notice all the door dings more, reflections will do that.

7. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    One of the trucks that i did the final correction on that went to MATS 2024(Mid Atlantic Truck Show) in Louisville KY won best paint this year. Sorry its a small picture

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    The Semi? The truck on back? Both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The Semi? The truck on back? Both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did do both, minus the lowboy trailer. But the semi was the contestant in the show

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

10. Likes JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So today was the day...the day to try a highly anticipated product and that product was Labocosmetica Iddrosave Rinseless Wash and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The directions were 1:200 and I ended up using 2.5 oz to almost 4 gallons of water, 2BM and designated RW sponge, also IK Sprayer for pre-treating, let me talk about this product What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've been using RW for 12 yrs now and have used/tried MANY products, so I feel I'm pretty qualified to talk a out which was is ok, good, great and everyone's favorite term "game changer"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today's weather was overcast with slight peaks of sun but temps almost 40 degrees, so on the cool side. I started with the roof of the EN, pre-treated and swiped to clean and then went to dry....single pass with the Gauntlet and it was BONE DRY & GLOSSYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I moved around the EN and the washing was soooo easy...and glossy...and slick, this stuff BLEW ME AWAY, I can't wait to use it when it's warmer outside, I can only imagineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

With the left over I cleaned the tires, wheels & engine bay. In the engine bay I could feel the slickness and it maintained the satin sheen from using Koch Chemie Mp a couple weeks ago. I also took out the WeatherTechs and pre-treated them with the leftover Labocosmetica Iddrosave and it did the job here as wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up by vacuuming out the entire interior, quick wipedown with a damp mf with this RW on it. To finish thing up I reached for Griot's Garage Stinky Be Gone JDM squash...ANOTHER ONE! So far this is my favorite of the new scents but so far, the 3 I've tried, has exceeded my expectationsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So today was the day...the day to try a highly anticipated product and that product was Labocosmetica Iddrosave Rinseless Wash and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The directions were 1:200 and I ended up using 2.5 oz to almost 4 gallons of water, 2BM and designated RW sponge, also IK Sprayer for pre-treating, let me talk about this product What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've been using RW for 12 yrs now and have used/tried MANY products, so I feel I'm pretty qualified to talk a out which was is ok, good, great and everyone's favorite term "game changer"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today's weather was overcast with slight peaks of sun but temps almost 40 degrees, so on the cool side. I started with the roof of the EN, pre-treated and swiped to clean and then went to dry....single pass with the Gauntlet and it was BONE DRY & GLOSSYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I moved around the EN and the washing was soooo easy...and glossy...and slick, this stuff BLEW ME AWAY, I can't wait to use it when it's warmer outside, I can only imagineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

With the left over I cleaned the tires, wheels & engine bay. In the engine bay I could feel the slickness and it maintained the satin sheen from using Koch Chemie Mp a couple weeks ago. I also took out the WeatherTechs and pre-treated them with the leftover Labocosmetica Iddrosave and it did the job here as wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up by vacuuming out the entire interior, quick wipedown with a damp mf with this RW on it. To finish thing up I reached for Griot's Garage Stinky Be Gone JDM squash...ANOTHER ONE! So far this is my favorite of the new scents but so far, the 3 I've tried, has exceeded my expectationsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Safe to say it is your favorite RW? Did you pre-treat?

While it did stain my Legacy Sponge, it still did a great job. I'm not overly worried about stains on the sponge to be honest. I can use towels instead if needed.

There's a new one from ADS named Hero coming out in the next few weeks. I'm excited to try that as well.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Safe to say it is your favorite RW? Did you pre-treat?

While it did stain my Legacy Sponge, it still did a great job. I'm not overly worried about stains on the sponge to be honest. I can use towels instead if needed.

There's a new one from ADS named Hero coming out in the next few weeks. I'm excited to try that as well.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    I always pre-treat each panel, whether I'm using a RW sponge or the GD method.

As far as the best, we'll to be fair, I need to use it more but I can see it being just that...the best RW I've used to dateWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a ugly Saturday, hit the truck today with a Maintenace wash. 3D ceramic interior detailer on the interior plastics. Finished with wet wax and #253 on the tires. Tonneau cover got wolfstiens tonneau cover protectant.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1189 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 18968910891139117911801181118211831184118511861187118811891190119111921193119411951196119711981199 ... LastLast