autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    At least 10 yrs or more I believe, and nope EngineKote was a different product.

I remember when they announced they were discontinuing it a lot of people on this forum raided whatever stock they could find. In my case, a nearby store had it on clearance for $4/can so I bought a bunch.
    I just meant the EngineKote was 20 years ago, I wasn't sure how long it was that the CD2 was discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I just meant the EngineKote was 20 years ago, I wasn't sure how long it was that the CD2 was discontinued.
    It's funny how you lose track of time with products like these. I just did a search on this forum and there was a member by name of Akimel (anyone remember him?) who had called the company and was told it was discontinued. That was May of 2010!!! I'm really starting to feel old now!

I have been steadily purging detailing products for the past couple years. This was one that I kept passing over . Glad I did. For the right type of situation it is excellent

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid I worked with someone who was 40+ years older than me, who was kind of a mentor to me, and he would say "the older you get, the faster the time goes". At the time I just kind of shrugged. Later I read about how your perception of time changes as you age, that when you're a little kid, summer vacation seems to go on forever because 10 weeks is a significant portion of the time you've been alive, so it seems like a long time. Whatever, that guy was right, because "funny how you lose track of time".

4. Likes Uncbrs, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    When I was a kid I worked with someone who was 40+ years older than me, who was kind of a mentor to me, and he would say "the older you get, the faster the time goes". At the time I just kind of shrugged. Later I read about how your perception of time changes as you age, that when you're a little kid, summer vacation seems to go on forever because 10 weeks is a significant portion of the time you've been alive, so it seems like a long time. Whatever, that guy was right, because "funny how you lose track of time".
    This is so spot onWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The Red Wings won their first cup in 42 yrs back in 97', that was literally a half a lifetime ago for meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The Red Wings won their first cup in 42 yrs back in 97', that was literally a half a lifetime ago for meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    You kids

8. Likes Klasse Act, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a stretch for the wings! Sports wise, one of my favorite eras.

Hockey is super underrated. Last month I went to U of M vs Notre Dame (Michigan won), what a great time. Yost was rocking. Kris Drapers son Kienan plays for Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boooo! But happy to remind just a year before that the Avs were hoisting that Cup - I got to be in that parade actually. Hockey in Colorado was a different thing altogether until '96.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Boooo! But happy to remind just a year before that the Avs were hoisting that Cup - I got to be in that parade actually. Hockey in Colorado was a different thing altogether until '96.

The Wings/AVs rivalry was unreal, must see TV! We had our #19 (Yzerman) and you had your #19 (Sakic-sorry if I spelled it wrong) and they were both GREAT CaptainsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

March 26th, 1997........

Btw RIP to Chris SimonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wings/AVs rivalry was unreal, must see TV! We had our #19 (Yzerman) and you had your #19 (Sakic-sorry if I spelled it wrong) and they were both GREAT CaptainsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

March 26th, 1997........

Btw RIP to Chris SimonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah. That was crazy about Simon. Too young... You had Sakic right. Both now amazing execs. Some just have the knack like no others. I don't care as much for the game style now and would even argue it's not safer with no enforcers to handle the integrity of the game and the hits now harder and faster than ever. Oh well... life goes on.

Did a vehicle today (mid-60s) before the snow comes tonight. I have been wanting to correct my hood so I redid the hood with Kamikaze compound and their red foam. Also tried some of the Phoenix Smurf Cut and Finishing polish. I really liked the Kamikaze combo. Perfect one step on the harder paint.

I went ahead and laid down my 10ml of CarPro Sic afterwards. The gloss is nice! The rest of the vehicle (not polished this time) got PA Cosmic Spritz Color. Now my hands look like a Smurf but it was nice to be able to get out and clean again.

Of course the precipitation is already starting so I had to mad dash my car out of the middle of the garage to its spot to get the Mrs' into the garage. Good bye sunshine (for a day).

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I finally got hold of my brother's car, I promised to give it some attention about 3 years ago, but he was always too busy to get it to me. I've got it till tomorrow afternoon, it only gets a wash when he takes it in for a service, that should tell you everything. Here's some pics of the work in progress, wheels were cleaned with the last of my NV Purge, then I foamed it with Meg's Gold Class, just to see how it went, sloppy foam, I don't know if it actually removed anything. Followed that up with a 2B wash with Reset. There's also a pic of the centre console, to quote Elle Driver from Kill Bill 2, "Eww Gross", I really hate doing interiors. Also the tyres didn't look right when I was cleaning the wheels, every one of them was down to 21-22psi. WTH.
    i hear ya. i did an exterior wash on my gf's mom's car. the interior is way past the point where i would want to work on it.

your ryobi shows both bar and psi?

Page 1188 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 18868810881138117811791180118111821183118411851186118711881189119011911192119311941195119611971198 ... LastLast