autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looooong over due wash on the EN after work, especially after the thunderstorms and tornados on TuesdayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Reached for Absolut RW and this stuff flat out C L E A N S and it needed to because the EN was dirty AND water spotted from the stormsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Added some DIY Detail tire dressing to tie me over till the weekend where I'll be doing a proper hand washingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took the g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash and used 5 oz of BH Touchless in the IK Foam Pro 12 to get its trashed body washed but I'm sure it needs a contact wash of some type but to her, it's cleanWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally finished my coating. I waited the obligatory 90 days for my front bumper’s paint to gas out and slapped on some Syncro. Since my wife was away on a business trip and I had the garage to myself I went ahead and fixed some other issues. I had been using CanCoat on my glass which has far exceeded expectations, going on 6 months on my windshield, but went ahead and applied Gyeon View. I also polished off my hood and recoated since I’ve been assaulted by several construction vehicles and their loose debris dancing on my super soft Honda paint.

I realized that I don’t hate Gyeon Skin as much as before. I still had half a bottle so I said what the hell and put it on top of Mohs. It does require an immediate leveling and I do mean immediate. As long as you are quick about your wipe off it’s not as tacky as it was the last time I used it. Once I put Cure on my car the following morning the slickness was back but I don’t think Syncro will be in my rotation after I finish off this bottle.

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring "boost" Detail DayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So because it's so nice this weekend and warm and even warmer tomorrow, I decided to get out there and do a better/boost wash this morning!

I started by using Bilt-Hamber Karrosol iron remover for the stock, winter wheels. I mean I'm keeping them pretty clean but using this product showed me how much was INSIDE the barrels and calipers! Each wheel was equally gritty, I should've shown a better pic of the brown/red foam but you get the point What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next wash a foam/dwell/rinse of the EN (did a RW a couple days ago, not dirty, just slightly dusty) using P&S Inspiration Radiance which is a coating maintenance wash. I need to use this product a bit more to give a real review. I added 5 oz into my Griot's Garage foam gun and 32 oz of water and got after it. I let it dwell for a bit and rinsed away, no issuesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next I reached for a product I hadn't used in quite some time, CarPro Hydro2 Lite. I started with the rims and then moved to each section of the EN and it was SO easy to use! Once done I used free flowing water to wash down the beads so drying would be easier for The Gauntlet What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished with drying the EN, very easy and got the jams and gave the engine bay a quick wipe down to keep it fresh. Later on I'll apply something to the tires but not too much, they still look pretty goodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah and here's a PSA...have you changed your cabin filter in the last year? This showed up while I was washing the EN and I'll check mine tomorrow, usually its a once a year change and fot me it's the fall but I'm checking it nonetheless What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Eldorado2k, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fresh air and another Maintenace wash on the truck. After all the rain. #253 on the tires. And wet wax as the drying aid.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes Big Dave, bill walsh, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After 4 trips to the body shop, if you live in NC avoid Caliber Collision at all cost, my wife’s car was finally in condition to recoat. I slapped on a little CSL and EXOv5 and it’s back to having that liquid glass appearance once again. I must say, nothing beads water quite like EXOv5. There are better coatings out ther but I have to crown it as the king of hydrophobicity.

12. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Day, 2 clean-ups

Detail Season kicked off a few weeks ago when we picked up Tamie's new car, but today is when it officially began, and it kicked off with a Land Yacht. More details to come, but for now, a little scale comparison. Tamie's car would probably fit inside my friend Matts 😂
    Office pics and write-up tomorrow.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    1 Day, 2 clean-ups

Detail Season kicked off a few weeks ago when we picked up Tamie's new car, but today is when it officially began, and it kicked off with a Land Yacht. More details to come, but for now, a little scale comparison. Tamie's car would probably fit inside my friend Matts What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Office pics and write-up tomorrow.

Looks awesome!

On a different note, i wanted to thankyou for reccomending gyeon primer. I got to try it out yesterday evening. What a dream to use imo. I ran outta time yesterday, so i will be applying cc evo today, cant wait to see how that goes, cuz that primer is slick lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

15. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    i wanted to thankyou for reccomending gyeon primer. I got to try it out yesterday evening. What a dream to use imo.
    Can you elaborate? Have you used any other primer polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Can you elaborate? Have you used any other primer polishes?
    I tried NSP 90 and 45 last summer. I found out afterwards from mike g that i was not working them long enough(i was doing on normal 6 sections passes). They were to grippy while polishing, didnt cut enough to cleanup after cutting with rotary/wool pad. Wipe off was crap. Again this was just my limited experience with it. I was totally turned off by it, so i sent them back for a refund.

Yesterday i did 2 passes with rotary/wool pad to remove some of what looked like acid rain spots. Next i grabbed geyon primer and a white lc force pad, and in 3 sections passes the abrasives where broken down and disapeared. Rotary haze was gone and surface was slick and high gloss. There was litterly amost zero product to wipe off either...effortless. just my .02 cents

Ymmv

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

18. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 1174 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 17467410741124116411651166116711681169117011711172117311741175117611771178117911801181118211831184 ... LastLast