autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

In the second pic, is that the tool you used to clean the carpet? Oh wait, it's a dog poop scoop, right? Or is it a dog poop scoop for carpet? Ohhhh....it's a $100 putter...combined with a pooper-scooper? They didn't have any like that the last time I was at mini golf.

I had that putter for 2 rounds and sent it back for a refund, I wish I saw your post as I would have told them I wanted a putter not a pooper scooper...

2. Likes JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a moment to wash the truck before the really cold weather gets here. Decided to try Armour Detail Supply Amplify and it is a great drying aide. Added gloss and didn't streak one bit. Since I am a topper hoe sometimes, I went back over it with PA high gloss lol. Now it can sleep in a heated garage nice and clean.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Finally had a moment to wash the truck before the really cold weather gets here. Decided to try Armour Detail Supply Amplify and it is a great drying aide. Added gloss and didn't streak one bit. Since I am a topper hoe sometimes, I went back over it with PA high gloss lol. Now it can sleep in a heated garage nice and clean.

Clean & glossy when it's cold outside...what a beautiful thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Damn that color is awesome, I miss my old ES, always got compliments on its color which is very similar to your truck What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Clean & glossy when it's cold outside...what a beautiful thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Damn that color is awesome, I miss my old ES, always got compliments on its color which is very similar to your truck What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Thank you! The color really pops when it is clean!

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Since I am a topper hoe sometimes,

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? the self awareness

Looks great... blue can really pop when properly cared for

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

9. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed the gf's mom's car yesterday. Don't remember what exact year it is but I think it's 2-3 yrs old. Not sure it's ever been washed except for maybe a free dealer wash. Her car isn't usually here long enough for me to wash it. It has some chipped paint and some spots with tar, etc. But it needs to be washed before addressing any of that. She's recovering from the flu in the hospital right now and I was here with the car.

I started off with BH Autofoam @ 5% in the SPTA foamer. I foamed and rinsed. It didn't really melt off all the dirt but the car was pretty neglected and to my knowledge has 0% protection on it. Then I foamed again before starting a bucket wash with CarPro Reset.

A few spots got Stoners Tarminator. I found one spot that I thought was tar that was actually a scratch down the the metal. Hopefully, I can address the scratches now that it's clean.

11. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, VISITOR, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave the Qashqai a QD, this was as much for my sanity as anything. It was only a little dusty, and had some little finger smudges on it. I removed most of the dust with my duster barely touching the paint, then wiped it over with NV Boost V2, dropping one of my new MFs in the process, so that's for wheels only now. The FJ is the one I really want to work on, I drove through some roadworks last week, but we've had rain on and off for the last week, and predicted for the next 3 out of 4 days, so that will have to wait.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

In the second pic, is that the tool you used to clean the carpet? Oh wait, it's a dog poop scoop, right? Or is it a dog poop scoop for carpet? Ohhhh....it's a $100 putter...combined with a pooper-scooper? They didn't have any like that the last time I was at mini golf.
    I thought it was a putter, but I wasn’t 100% sure now that you mention poop scoop. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading a bunch of stuff about cleaning Cybertrucks, so apparently any contamination has to be removed immediately as there's no clear coat protection, especially if it's something corrosive like bird poop, tree sap etc. This is according to the Tesla owners manual.

Some people have already been testing different methods for best results, something called Bar Keepers Friend with a Windex wipe down seems to be the favoured method so far. I'm predicting there's going to be a bunch of vinyl wrapped Cybertrucks out there soon, I've already seen pics of damage caused by poor wash technique. One comment said to just get the Scotch Brite out, the crazy thing is, that may actually be an option.

16. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I was reading a bunch of stuff about cleaning Cybertrucks, so apparently any contamination has to be removed immediately as there's no clear coat protection, especially if it's something corrosive like bird poop, tree sap etc. This is according to the Tesla owners manual.

Straight from the owner’s manual.

Page 1156 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 156656105611061146114711481149115011511152115311541155115611571158115911601161116211631164116511661206 ... LastLast