autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did an interior and exterior and while I know that it’s a cardinal sin around here to clay without polishing, this vehicle only sees automatic washes so it’s a bit of a moot point for this vehicle. I did have a nice convo showing the customer the damage the washes are doing to his car which is only a couple of years old; faded trim, water spot etchings, dull paint, etc.. He even had a ceramic coating that was all but dead thanks to his lack of maintenance but I would like to believe that I got through to him. Who knows, maybe I’ll see him again for another go at a ceramic coating or maybe he stick with his old habits.

Post Thanks / Like

We had an overcast morning, very humid, but not much direct sun, so I took the opportunity to give the FJ a good wash, it was mostly dusty but with a few bird bombs again.

Foamed it with Carpro Lift, the high humidity really helped with the dwell time.

2B wash with Reset, used a big wash pad for the first time, I prefer my Meg's Lambs Wool wash mitt, it gets in to the right spaces better.

Did the tyres with TW Wheel and Tire Cleaner.

Dried using Meg's Quikwax as a drying aid.

Tidied up the engine bay and gave it a light spray with Meg's Hyper Dressing.

Finished off with Krystal Klear Bubble Gum Blitz on the windows.

As I finished the overcast was breaking up and the temp just hitting 99f. As I type this out the thunder is rumbling outside, and a storm is rolling in, oh well, it was as much a sanity wash as anything.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is that one of those TRC Cyclone Ultra 10X pads? I guess I also didn't notice your metal(?) roof before. Do the solar racks mount to that or through it? Is it insulated?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Is that one of those TRC Cyclone Ultra 10X pads? I guess I also didn't notice your metal(?) roof before. Do the solar racks mount to that or through it? Is it insulated?
    I can't remember the brand of pad, but it is 10X, once it's fully sudsed up it's very thick and heavy, I thought I was going to drop it a couple of times, and that would be the end of that. It was a pain to use around the light bar at the front, the mirrors and the spare tyre on the back. It was also difficult to clean on the grit guard in the rinse bucket. I guess I just don't have the dexterity I'm used to with a wash mitt.

The solar panel frames are mounted to the roof where the wooden frames are underneath, electrically insulated definitely, and all the holes they drilled through the metal roof were properly sealed. A neighbour went with a cheaper quote around the same time and the first time it rained heavy he had leaks. You get what you pay for I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, those 10X pads are too big. No, I meant is the roof thermally insulated? I was looking at a standing seam metal roof where the solar rails would attach to the seam rather than going through the roof (so no leak points), and they had standing seam panels that had polyiso insulation in the middle, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, those 10X pads are too big. No, I meant is the roof thermally insulated? I was looking at a standing seam metal roof where the solar rails would attach to the seam rather than going through the roof (so no leak points), and they had standing seam panels that had polyiso insulation in the middle, which I thought was pretty interesting.
    Yeah, there is thermal insulation in the roof space, I know there's stuff that sits on top of the ceilings, I'm not sure if there's another level that sits under the steel roofing. There's also insulation in all the walls. In our area it's about keeping the heat out, the cold isn't as big an issue over here, we never see snow, and we rarely even see frost. I don't understand having tiled roofs in Australia, they retain heat late into the night, while metal cools down as soon as the sun goes down.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just "the usual" after work today, love this El Nino winter so farWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Did you swap out to base headlights on your Sport or did they come like that for 2013What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

All stock. The paint on the rear spoiler is toast, AZ sun has killed it. But keeping a ceramic coating is a testament to the fact they work! One day it will succumb to Arizona sun... but I'm doing my best. Mother Nature will have her way tho...

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    All stock. The paint on the rear spoiler is toast, AZ sun has killed it. But keeping a ceramic coating is a testament to the fact they work! One day it will succumb to Arizona sun... but I'm doing my best. Mother Nature will have her way tho...
    That's even MORE amazing that it's held up, coating or not! How many "boosts" does it getWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

1 inch of rain coming to the Phoenix area. Since I have appointments, I’m looking forward to a reason to clean a vehicle again! ��

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1148 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 148648104810981138113911401141114211431144114511461147114811491150115111521153115411551156115711581198 ... LastLast