autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    From yesterday actually but tried the new P&S Inspiration Ceramic. The directions say 6 oz to every gallon when hand washing and I don't know about you guys but for me that's about EIGHTEEN OUNCES of product for a 2BM. I guess I don't quite understand this product, can someone chime in on this, maybe I'm missing something What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Well, also from yesterday it was warm (for December) and sunny, so I decided to do a quick rinseless, with 1/4 oz ONRWW in a half gallon of water (small car).

I've been trying to like the multiple-media method since that guy that used to be a member here started promoting and named it after himself (I've tried looking him up in the phone book but there's no one named Multiple Media in there, so I think he was using a pseudonym...or it could just be that they don't make phone books anymore so mine was too old to have him in there). The other day I came across some TRC Eaglet 350's that I bought for this purpose but forgot all about. So I used 12 of them and also finally got to try my TRC Cyclone Ultra wash pad (for one pass each side)...and liked the multi-media method the most to date. The Eaglet 350's were a little light for this purpose, perhaps the 500's would be better, which happen to be on sale right now. Still not sure I like the way the fibers on these towels lay down when they are wet, and the marring potential of the dirt staying on the surface of the towel instead of going between the fibers. Already too long a discussion for this "topical" thread.

2. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, also from yesterday it was warm (for December) and sunny, so I decided to do a quick rinseless, with 1/4 oz ONRWW in a half gallon of water (small car).

I've been trying to like the multiple-media method since that guy that used to be a member here started promoting and named it after himself (I've tried looking him up in the phone book but there's no one named Multiple Media in there, so I think he was using a pseudonym...or it could just be that they don't make phone books anymore so mine was too old to have him in there). The other day I came across some TRC Eaglet 350's that I bought for this purpose but forgot all about. So I used 12 of them and also finally got to try my TRC Cyclone Ultra wash pad (for one pass each side)...and liked the multi-media method the most to date. The Eaglet 350's were a little light for this purpose, perhaps the 500's would be better, which happen to be on sale right now. Still not sure I like the way the fibers on these towels lay down when they are wet, and the marring potential of the dirt staying on the surface of the towel instead of going between the fibers. Already too long a discussion for this "topical" thread.
    Yeah 500's are more "comfortable" than 350's for sure, no doubt!

I'm not bashing using 12 towels but rather trying to figure it out. I usually use 6 for the car, 1 to buff dry after each panel and 1 for the tires & wheels, a designated one for those.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm not bashing using 12 towels but rather trying to figure it out. I usually use 6 for the car, 1 to buff dry after each panel and 1 for the tires & wheels, a designated one for those.
    I'm using the Eaglets, the 8 x 8 towels. Part of my problem with the multi-media method when you are using a 16 x 16 is it never gets folded perfectly and then you have a dirty edge sticking out, at least that's what happens to me. With the Eaglet, no folding.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I hadn't driven the EN since Fruday getting home from work, so I went out and got some gas & washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now on the day the Bears play Shell V-Power is .25 a gallon off, plus my usual discount of .05, so a nice little savings. The price at the pump was $3.99 so I expected to see $3.69 but I only saved .05, $3.94 (maybe Shell was emBEARassed at how they lost todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I also added a bottle of Chevron fuel injection cleaner too. I do this every 5K and on any longer trips out of town tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Afterwards I ran the EN through the wash, no pre-wash and drove home and did a spot dry and then done for the eveningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash, clay griots clay mit, BOSS DA, BOSS Orange pads, BOSS Correcting Cream, Easure, GTechnique EXO.

10 yrs old - 140k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs, Big Dave, DFB, VISITOR and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Wash, clay griots clay mit, BOSS DA, BOSS Orange pads, BOSS Correcting Cream, Easure, GTechnique EXO.

10 yrs old - 140k miles

I used to have a 2010 Fit Sport, great carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Yours looks brand new, THAT isn't pinkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post

10 yrs old - 140k miles

Did you swap out to base headlights on your Sport or did they come like that for 2013What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I know, I just always found Hyper Dressing to be a meh product, I actually forgot they had come out with an RTU version rather than just the gallon concentrate.
    Just looking for something to spray liberally into my wheel wells come springtime. Finally out of VRP. Been years.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it was 1:1. I bought it going on 20 years ago, back when Rick at ADS was pouring the gallons into the Meg's secondary bottles and selling quarts that way. I just had other dressings like 303, and I quickly stopped using those PDMS dressings on exterior trim because they don't last, stopped using them on interiors (mostly) because of the window fogging, etc. I think for a while I was spraying the Hyper Dressing in wheel wells, back when I did that kind of thing. I did use the Hyper Dressing straight on someone's tires a couple of years ago and it looked great, didn't get to see how it held up because it wasn't my vehicle.
    I had someone reach out quite confused about Hyper Dressing after they used it on their engine bay via my recommendation.

My method with HD is to apply to a freshly cleaned and still wet engine bay, mist liberally and then close the hood call it done. As HD self-levels, you really don't need to do any wiping.

Said person noticed a slick, greasy finish that didn't really level off like it does for me, which left me confused too. Further questioning revealed the person used an RTU (1:1) bottle of Hyper Dressing, which was clearly too concentrated for the desired visual result and prevented it from leveling down.

For engine bays, I typically use the 3:1 "Satin" or 4:1 "Natural" dilutions. This makes for an OE look, is less likely to accumulate dust and allows for a superior self levelling effect.

15. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone dropped a small bag of potato chips in the Qashqai yesterday, not me, but I got to clean it up. I thought I'd see if I could get a helper. Yes, he would like to help with that. He picked up a lot, but I didn't expect him to jump in to do it. So I had some extra fur to vacuum, but not too much. I also wiped down the door jam with Bowden's Boss Gloss, and the plastics with Inside Job. No outside work today, too hot and humid.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Page 1147 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 147647104710971137113811391140114111421143114411451146114711481149115011511152115311541155115611571197 ... LastLast