autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Finally got my new wheels & tires on my car and all cleaned up. I’m thinking about buying some Pinnacle Black Tire Clear Coat to protect these tires. I’d like to hear some thoughts if anyone’s used that product.

Outstanding choice Ric! I know what you told me about window tint but maybe a 50% tint, just "a little something". This isn't a complaint but rather a suggestion. Oh yeah, have you heard the Northstar with some perf mufflers on themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Mini product review
    ----------------

DIY DETAIL Waterless Wash

So I had intentions of trying out the P&S Inspiration Ceramic maintence carwash in the IK Foam Pro 12 as a pre-wash but when running errands this morning but that road was damp, so I came home and decided to try another BRAND NEW proudct...DIY Detail Waterless WashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The EN was dirty from yesterday's ALL DAY rain, just a dreary day out, so it needed a good wash. I choice this product when placing a recent order and intended on using it for door jams, engine bay, wheels, etc. It's not that I don't use WW's, I do and have been for quite some time but today presented a great chance to see what it could doWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I grabbed 6 500gsm TRC Eagle edgeless microfiber towels, a designated dirty work mf towel and one my Gauntlets for final drying, let's do this!

I started out doing a section at a time and I should mention that the EN was wet in many areas, I wasn't worried because I knew I'd make sure I had good coverage of the product, plus my car is coated and well boosted, no worries. Speaking of the product itself, well it looks like ONR and smell INCREDIBLE!! I had ZERO issues moving around the EN to clean it, left it clean, glossy and SLICK, really impressive first impressionsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I was done with the car I turned my attention to the door jams, engine bay and tires & wheels, no problems at all, very easy and real joy to use I must say! If your looking for a new WW or haven't tried one before I can't endorse this product enoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

3. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, PaulMys, Prange, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a rinse less wash on my Macan S with Absolute - then added Dr Bead Pro

5. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddy View Post
    I did a rinse less wash on my Macan S with Absolute - then added Dr Bead Pro
    Love AbsoluteWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I had a small amount of Cquartz SiC that has been sitting in the cabinet for a while, so I decided to coat my winter wheels.

I hit them real quick with some Megs UC and a drill polishing cone, followed by an IPA wipe and finally Gtechniq Panel Wipe. Wheels didn't really need any correction, but I wanted to polish off any spray coating (i.e. Griots 3-in-1) that I may have applied last spring.

I had barely enough SiC for the 4 wheels. One thing I don't like is that it's hard to tell when to level/wipe. I let each wheel sit for about 7 minutes and wiped off. Also, with the silver wheels, it's hard to see if I removed all the extra coating, that's good and bad since it would be hard to see high spots....plus they are winter wheels, so I'm not too picky. We'll see how they do this winter.

8. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A little late because I did this yesterday but I washed the g/f's Cruze...BUT I used a new product on it...P&S Inspiration Ceramic maintence carwash soapWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This is going to be a micro review of the product but hopefully you get something out of it. Per the directions it states SIX OUNCES per gallon of water used, so that caught my attention IMMEDIATELYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️I actually called P&S themselves because this doesn't sound right. When I called I had to leave a message so God knows when they'll call back, so I added the 6 ozs into my IK Foam Pro 12 with the 1 gallon of distilled water. They actually called me back rather quickly and indeed yes, 6 oz per gallonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I know every product isn't made for pre-wash and this one is no exception because even with 6 oz of soap and 1 gallon of distilled water it came out on the runny side, no big deal because this product has protection in it and those soaps, like Griot's Garage Ceramic wash and wax, does the exact same thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I can report that during the touch-free wash I could clearly see the protection being left behind, her windshield was beading up quite a bit, so it's got that going for itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

In closing I'm going to use this w/3 oz on my car next time and only when it's dusty/lightly dirty because it's more of maintence/enhancement product and that fine when you know this going in, from there I'll be able to make a better decision about this product and hopefully the ratio of 3 oz/1 gallon actually works better because the 6 oz isn't economical, something P&S is known for and when doing a 2BM...18 oz of soap for 3 gallons, I can't even imagine thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?🫣

10. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Outstanding choice Ric! I know what you told me about window tint but maybe a 50% tint, just "a little something". This isn't a complaint but rather a suggestion. Oh yeah, have you heard the Northstar with some perf mufflers on themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

If I were to tint the windows it’d be limo tint or double limo. Anything else is a waste of time. Lol.

And I would never add a loud exhaust to a Cadillac. I think that sounds obnoxious and completely kills the class of a Cadillac. If you want to enjoy the sound of the Northstar all you have to do is roll the windows up, turn the stereo off and floor it. Best sound ever. Anything else is uncivilized.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were to tint the windows it’d be limo tint or double limo. Anything else is a waste of time. Lol.

And I would never add a loud exhaust to a Cadillac. I think that sounds obnoxious and completely kills the class of a Cadillac. If you want to enjoy the sound of the Northstar all you have to do is roll the windows up, turn the stereo off and floor it. Best sound ever. Anything else is uncivilized.
    Limo tint because of the sun/heat, if so I get it. I also respect your take on a quiet Caddy, which in your cars case makes sense. Being from Detroit I mess with everythingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rough weekend. Had to work 3.5 hours Saturday right in the middle of the day. Figures it was nice out of course. Today they called for an all-day rain. Cleared this afternoon so took a chance. Good Maintenace wash on the truck. Got it all done without drama. Soon this weather is going to tank, so it was a bonus getting it done today.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

16. Likes Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my new wheels & tires on my car and all cleaned up. I’m thinking about buying some Pinnacle Black Tire Clear Coat to protect these tires. I’d like to hear some thoughts if anyone’s used that product.

Clean…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1138 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 138638103810881128112911301131113211331134113511361137113811391140114111421143114411451146114711481188 ... LastLast