autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It was funny, for me, he was security for the building we shared, but not for my company, so he wasn't allowed inside. Important point, security guards over here don't carry guns, unless they're doing cash delivery. We don't even have armed guards in our banks.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Similar deal over here. Although there are certain gigs where there’s armed security in some places, but generally security guards aka rent a cops get no respect. Lol.

I was at the bank yesterday and the security guard was a fairly cute girl with no kind of gear whatsoever. I thought to myself what the hell is she going to do if guys come in here with guns and things get crazy? Lol.

2. Likes Big Dave, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I was at the bank yesterday and the security guard was a fairly cute girl with no kind of gear whatsoever. I thought to myself what the hell is she going to do if guys come in here with guns and things get crazy? Lol.
    And conversely, I was in the supermarket the other day, and there was a security guard who was packing, and I thought to myself "why do they need an armed guard looking over the self-checkout?" "Hands up, you're not putting an 'unexpected item in bagging area' on my watch!"

EDIT: Shoot, I missed my chance to end that with "but she took me back to her place, so it all worked out."

4. Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I did a really really bad Kia Sorrento interior detail. Mom who lets kids eat in the vehicle. Try not to gag.

Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the paint correction this morning.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I usually put my towels in a plastic bag before putting them in a detailing bag. This is a bit of a pain though & I don't really see others do it, so I thoroughly vacuumed & cleaned my detailing bag and put some towels straight in. I'll shake out & inspect them before using and will see how it goes.

I also applied Lexol to some leather to once again see if it makes the leather softer, but I'm still unsure

Post Thanks / Like

bdubbs, not to pry, but is that your personal space? Or is that your work space? Is that an industrial building? I'm just asking because that's like a dream garage, was just wondering if it's at your house, your work, or if you lease it somewhere.

9. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    bdubbs, not to pry, but is that your personal space? Or is that your work space? Is that an industrial building? I'm just asking because that's like a dream garage, was just wondering if it's at your house, your work, or if you lease it somewhere.
    No worries.

It's our personal shop. We bought it a couple years ago. It's been my dream garage/shop for many years.

It's not at my house, but only about a mile away. We added the polyurea floor coating and a security system. Otherwise it's how it was when we bought it.

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So was there a business in there originally? I don't think I'm ever going to be able to add anything like that at my house, so maybe I'll have to look for something like you have for sale/lease around me...someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So was there a business in there originally? I don't think I'm ever going to be able to add anything like that at my house, so maybe I'll have to look for something like you have for sale/lease around me...someday.
    The previous owner used it for some woodworking. I believe the shop was built in 2010.

I only have a single stall garage at the house and always wanted to put up a 3 stall. The wife likes our backyard too much, and I like leaving the house. Great compromise.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a couple days the EN was lookin' a little "dingy" from Frost and general driving, so this morning my daughter and I took the EN to the touch-free wash. No pre-wash was really needed but I did use Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro 9 before entering the washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

We came home and I used Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine to top up the finish and as a drying aid, tires and wheels got it tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now my EN is lookin' good while I get ready to watch the game before "THEE GAME" next weekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
Page 1130 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 130630103010801120112111221123112411251126112711281129113011311132113311341135113611371138113911401180 ... LastLast