autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I would clear my schedule and devote the weekend to the race. Devoured every single second of it. This year, I only watched the qualifying session, the top 10 shootout, and the last 10 laps.

Pains me to say it, but I've lost interest, the category is a lost cause now and a complete farse. I almost feel guilty for not bothering to watch it from start to finish like I once did, but the way Ford have been treated this year is a disgrace to the sport and disrespectful to all that have committed to the sport in general.
    Do you have a TV in your garage? It's great for times like this, put the race on and work on the car. I can stream YT vids and other car shows to motivate, and educate, me. And sometimes just sit and watch stuff with the dogs.

The parity issue in V8 Supercars does need to be solved, it makes the racing very boring. I heard they were going to make some adjustments before Bathurst, but looked at the practice times and there wasn't much difference. They didn't realise the Chevys were running heavy fuel loads, they claimed to be testing their cars in "race spec" rather than "qualifying spec". They got played.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Great post. My experience is the same as Sandro’s. Worst thing I did was apply Q2 wax over a coating and the hydrophobic’s of the coating never coming back. I would say don’t do it.
    Interesting. I'm guessing the wax is clogging up the coating and masking the performance of it?

I've never used it as a topper, rather as a standalone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Do you have a TV in your garage? It's great for times like this, put the race on and work on the car. I can stream YT vids and other car shows to motivate, and educate, me. And sometimes just sit and watch stuff with the dogs.

The parity issue in V8 Supercars does need to be solved, it makes the racing very boring. I heard they were going to make some adjustments before Bathurst, but looked at the practice times and there wasn't much difference. They didn't realise the Chevys were running heavy fuel loads, they claimed to be testing their cars in "race spec" rather than "qualifying spec". They got played.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    No TV in the garage for me.

I'm over the bias, endured it for 20 years and can't take it any longer.

I think the content I viewed this weekend is all that I have bothered to watch all year. When the result is a foregone conclusion, why waste a nice day sitting in front of the TV. So, if the biggest and best race of the year doesn't warrant attention, them what does that say about the series in general?

Instead, I had lunch with my sister and then enjoyed some rare time together washing her car.

4. Likes Big Dave, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I would reconsider using gyeon wax on top of an existing coating that is in good shape. A number of people have stated that when topping their coating with gyeon wax, once the wax faded the coating did not return to form no matter what they did.

Sandro from car craft auto detailing has a good video displaying this phenomenon:
    I'm certainly not refuting what a well respected person in the industry says and shows, same with Guz but I've used Gyeon Q2 Wax several times on my EN since it came out and don't have an issue with hydrophobics at all down the road.

I used it yesterday to give me a little extra as it's getting colder and my Gyeon Pure EVO is now 13 monthes old. I wonder if because how often I wad my car AND the use of Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam, not to mention DIY Detail Incredible Suds, and others, keeps the coating clean and opened up What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post. My experience is the same as Sandro’s. Worst thing I did was apply Q2 wax over a coating and the hydrophobic’s of the coating never coming back. I would say don’t do it.
    Good to know. I already have Synchro so I’ve got a two layer coating system and it looks like it’s best to hold off on adding anything on top of my perfectly functioning coating.I’ll stick to using my Gyeon ceramic detailer as a drying aid and leave it at that. I’m just a bit addicted to try new things on my car so now it’s time to find another car to experiment on.

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm certainly not refuting what a well respected person in the industry says and shows, same with Guz but I've used Gyeon Q2 Wax several times on my EN since it came out and don't have an issue with hydrophobics at all down the road.

I used it yesterday to give me a little extra as it's getting colder and my Gyeon Pure EVO is now 13 monthes old. I wonder if because how often I wad my car AND the use of Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam, not to mention DIY Detail Incredible Suds, and others, keeps the coating clean and opened up What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I just rewatched that segment. Sandro applied before the coating had cured as a sacrificial layer during the curing stage. He believes that’s the reason for the diminished performance. The videos I’ve seen with q2 on top of a coating have all been after the coating has had plenty of time to cure and everything was fine. That seems to mirror your experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Interesting. I'm guessing the wax is clogging up the coating and masking the performance of it?

I've never used it as a topper, rather as a standalone.
    Keep using it as a stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I just rewatched that segment. Sandro applied before the coating had cured as a sacrificial layer during the curing stage. He believes that’s the reason for the diminished performance. The videos I’ve seen with q2 on top of a coating have all been after the coating has had plenty of time to cure and everything was fine. That seems to mirror your experience.
    Proceed at your own risk. Leave syncro alone and stick with a spray topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

You're a well respected member of the detailing community and your experiences hold as much water as anyone else's in the industry, in my opinion. It is well documented on this forum that you are adamant about car care and would never steer anyone in the wrong direction, especially with product recommendations. If you state that you used the product without any issues then I believe you 100%, just as I believe The Guz 100% about having some setbacks. As the old saying goes, your mileage may vary.

12. Thanks Klasse Act, Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs, Klasse Act, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep using it as a stand alone.

Proceed at your own risk. Leave syncro alone and stick with a spray topper.
    That’s the route I’m gonna take.

14. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriend had an outdoor event yesterday that was pretty rainy. The car came home muddy. So it was a 2 bucket wash today with hyper wash.

16. Likes SNP209, Klasse Act, Uncbrs, Big Dave, opie and 3 others liked this post
Page 1112 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 112612101210621102110311041105110611071108110911101111111211131114111511161117111811191120112111221162 ... LastLast