autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So the EN was next, yes I'm a madman for working on my own car after that marathon session on my g/f's Cruze What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've got a C&C tomorrow morning where my EN will be in the show, what a concept! I started with Brake Buster in the IK Foam 9 and all 4 brushes were used and the amount of brown foam...eeeeekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the pre-wash and in an effort to kill off another bottle I used the Griot's Garage foaming surface wash once again, I've got enough left to do 1 more pre-wash. My battery actually died while foaming the car but there enough PSI built up to finish off the product in thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next was the 2BM and honestly I could've skipped this but since I had the buckets out AND the soap bucket left over from the Cruze wash looked pretty good I just used itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once the wash was done and used the free flowing water to rinse things down I used Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine as the drying aid...one of their best products without a doubtWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished things off by applying the 303 Tire Balm to the EN's Pirelli's and called it a day...well until I go back out there to clean her inside windowsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Prange, ejaf, Big Dave, Dirty Harry, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used this on the tires of buick during a wheel cleaning during a tire rotation. Worked well, seems any remnants of megs m40 is all gone.

Tomorrow will be the testing out of 3d matte tire.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, Dirty Harry, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a one year coating maintenance for a friend. I like rinseless washing for light in between washes but this confirmed for me that at some point you’ve gotta break out a good soap and put in some elbow grease and give your car a good deep cleaning, be it coated or not. The coating was holding steady on most of the car but the areas near the rocker panels that see a lot of road grime and tar were weak. I always offer to show my customers how to do a rinseless wash because most have no idea how to safely wash a car and it’s easy but I also offer them the chance to come back and learn how to do a good deep cleaning with a pressure washer. Very few ever come back.

6. Likes Klasse Act, opie, SNP209, chilly, Uncbrs and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed my Edge after almost 5 straight days of rain.

8. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Uncbrs, Big Dave, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    Washed my Edge after almost 5 straight days of rain.

Isn't that soooo satisfying What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Likes Odrapnew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I broke out my new polisher and had a go at the hood on the blue car

The machine came with 4 pads, 2 foam and 1 each microfiber and wool

The foam pads are the Diamond style and I’ve never really been a fan of foam pads with waffles or dimples etc

I ordered one plain beveled orange heavy polishing pad to try so I got out the red finishing pad and the orange pad and the new NV Finesse polish

I taped a section and tried the red pad first and it wasn’t enough to help the light swirls and scratches but I didn’t really expect it to

It left a nice finish though

It’s unbelievable how much damage the car sustained last winter from being outside at the B&B where we spent the winter

I put on the plain orange pad and it feels almost exactly like a Lake Country SDO orange pad

A couple of moderate speed and moderate pressure passes helped but it needed more so I blew the pad out and did 3 passes with just a touch more pressure and it worked nicely

I got a tiny bit of dusting but since I have a compressor again I can deal with it

I did a bit more of the hood and momma popped her head in the garage to let me know she was up so I stopped to make her coffee and then cleaned up my mess

I really like the new polisher, the slow start function is awesome for spreading product and it is just smooth and a delight to use

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hit the touch-free wash before C&C this morning, drove straight there and used TWHS Pure Shine to bring it up a notchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've had the EN for 1.5 yrs and I'm amazed to this day how much the color changesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes chilly, Uncbrs, Big Dave, DFB, Dirty Harry and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Descale
    Armour Detail Decon Shampoo
    Armour Detail Iron
    DIY Detail clay towel and KC clay lube

DIY Detail Quick Beads on wheels

DIY Detail Gold Polish using their yellow and red waffle pads

Gyeon Panel Prep

Phoenix Immortal Ceramic Spray - I don't really know why I chose this one. I bought it thinking about it as a topper or focusing it more on lower panels for better protection but I used Phoenix Titan last wash and was very impressed. This is probably as close to a ceramic coating as I'll ever get and I doubt I'll let it stay on even for 6mos.

Overall, a busy Sat evening and Sun morning but since not a lot of correction was needed (or better yet, I didn't chase anything real nit picky), it went smooth overall. I may pull it out later for better pictures but here's a few of the final output.

I'll probably top off through fall using PA Cosmic Colour Spritz and Kamikaze OC. I've got Fireball Wax Off in the mail so that I can start trying more of these LSPs I have sitting around in the way they were meant to be tried!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

15. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Big Dave, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did some more work on my driving light covers using a few more products and steps

I went from a Shinemate heavy cutting wool pad with Megs Ultimate compound which isn’t that aggressive but it’s what I had, to a Shinemate foam cutting pad with the Megs, to a Shinemate orange heavy polishing pad with NV finesse, to a final step with Griots Ceramic AIO and a black finishing pad just for some protection

I think they turned out pretty good; there are some deeper pits but I don’t think sanding would have taken them out

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, oneheadlite, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Overdue Maintenace wash on the truck. Took out the floor liners front and back. Gave the carpet a good cleaning with TW upholstery cleaner. Finished with flex wax as the drying aid. Tires got refreshed with Griots ceramic tire shine.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1106 of 1220 FirstFirst ... 1066061006105610961097109810991100110111021103110411051106110711081109111011111112111311141115111611561206 ... LastLast