autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Is this some kind of secret Alabama currency?
    We pay our dog in goldfish. She doesn't do much that's useful except for barking at people that come to the house tho.

2. Likes PaulMys, chilly, opie, Dirty Harry, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

During halftime of my Lions CRUSHING the Packers, in the dark, I went out and applied some VRT on the EN's Pirelli'sWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Is this some kind of secret Alabama currency?

Because if "goldfish" means dollars, you're gonna go broke........
    Haha, no sir. Just the most common currency of toddlers worldwide. Can’t tell you the secret Alabama currency What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I’m already broke thanks to Autogeek…

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

5. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Fall polish on my truck (full post in show & shine). I don’t see how some of y’all do this for a living What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. That kicked my butt, however it was fun learning to use my new polisher! As a dark colored truck, it’s already starting to get dirty after only a couple hours parked outside What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I cannot un-see what I’ve seen on AG.

8. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Prange, DFB, chilly and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Fall polish on my truck (full post in show & shine). I don’t see how some of y’all do this for a living What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. That kicked my butt, however it was fun learning to use my new polisher! As a dark colored truck, it’s already starting to get dirty after only a couple hours parked outside What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I cannot un-see what I’ve seen on AG.

Apart from the total area you're working on, there's also the up and down on the work platform/ladder to reach the roof. It's a damn good leg work out. Years back I did my neighbour's Audi Q7 as a cash job, then I understood why he never washed it himself. Then I traded my wagon in on the FJ, what was I thinking.

I wouldn't go back though, the FJ is my favourite vehicle I've ever owned.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Dirty Harry thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After washing the Dodge, I applied another coat of Armour Detail Ceramic Sealant to the body and wheels. I treated the tires with the new 3D Ceramic Matte Tire. I like the matte finish better than the Jescar.

12. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another warm spring day here, and the birds are very active, so I'm finding small bird bombs on the FJ every day. I moved it inside and gave it a QD with TWHS Ceramic 3 in 1 Detailer. Then gave it a quick vacuum, and gave the interior a wipe down with TWHS Inside Job.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

14. Likes DFB, Dirty Harry, chilly, Klasse Act, opie and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So today I decided to do a wash AND address my g/f's Cruze's interior, lots of work here, sorry no pics as I just got after itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with the tires and wheels, Bilt-Hamber Surfex @3:1 in the IK Foam 9 made short work of them, all 4 brushes used for a complete cleanWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the pre-wash and for this it was Griot's Garage Foaming Surface Wash in the IK Foam Pro 12, such a pleasant product to use, both from a foam AND scent. Once rinsed down it was time for the 2BMWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've been using Bilt-Hamber AutoWash as my 2BM go to for quite some time and there's a reason for this...it flat out cleans so damn well! I easily went around the Cruze to bring out its best What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While it was wet I finished off my bottle of 303 Ceramic Detailer as my drying aid and it's a solid product that I do recommend, leaves the paint smooth and glossy, good beading afterwards as wellWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the tires it was 303 once again, my dwindling bottle of their Tire Balm, I'm going to miss this product, thankfully I've got MANY others to chose fromWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I turn to the interior and my God did it need it, actually for quite some time! I started by taking out the WeatherTechs and foaming them with Bilt-Hamber Surfex @3:1, I let them dwell as I vac'd out the interior w/ my Rigid wet/dry vac, thank God I've got this thing...I needed it! Once done here I foamed each section of the carpet w/ Bilt-Hamber Surfex @3:1 and let dwell. While that was going on I turned to the rear, carpeted mats. Here I decided to foam them down with the Bilt-Hamber Surfex, let dwell and used my short brissel tire brush to clean them. Next I rinsed them and let them sit in the sunWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Knowing the interior vinyl needed a good cleaning I reached for Bilt-Hamber Surfex in my 500 ML Kwazzer and a sponge. As I moved around the interior it cleaned very well, so I knew the dressing would look it's best when I got to that point. I did come back to vacuum out each section where the Bilt-Hamber Surfex was foaming, vac'd it up to move to along to the next stepWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Dressing the interior vinyl bits was easy because I reached for an ICON, 303 Protectant! It just leaves a sheen that can't be beat IMOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The only thing left to is the interior glass and with it being 84 degrees today, that was out of the question, later on I'll do that and do a general go over my work in the interior and spray some interior scent in thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This is something she's been wanting us to do but I decided to do it myself because the job my g/f works(d) at is closing their doors, so it was the least I could do to make her happy todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

She said YES!!!

So, no future son in law of mine is going to ride around in a crappy looking car!

Correcting the paint with 3D One prior to coating.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-pxl_20230930_214859627-jpg

Page 1105 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 1056051005105510951096109710981099110011011102110311041105110611071108110911101111111211131114111511551205 ... LastLast