autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I knocked the dust off my 2 "toys" and gave them a bath. I cleaned the Vette and then my son wanted to help me wash my bike. Hopefully he continues the family illness of being obsessed with cleaning cars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    So the Qashqai was heavily dusted, but not dirty, it hasn't rained on, nothing that requires agitation to remove, you can see it in the first pic from a couple of days ago, just settled dust.

What do you guys do in this situation? Is it RW time, or full 2B wash, how about leaving it till it actually gets dirty. I could also use the duster, but it seemed too heavily dusted for that. There's also just rinsing with the hose and drying it with the Bigboi so no contact is made. I went with a QD with Ech2o at 15:1, sprayed evenly and multiple MFs turned frequently, using almost no pressure. I did discover a bird bomb on the back bumper, I sprayed and soaked that at the end, disappeared with a single wipe.

I'm just curious really, we all know what works with our paint, and what won't.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Personally i would first hit it with pw and foam cannon to get the heavy off, then right into a rinseless wash.

I have in the past just done a pw/foam cannon, then blow dried with leaf blower and skipped the rinseless. But for the amount of time the rinseless takes, i just do it instead of leaf blow because my end result is better.

Now if its going to rain in a couple days, then ill just hit the local self spray coin op to get the heavy off and let it dry while driving home.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the usual touch-free wash after work today, I mean....the EN DID get rained on todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Customer wanted a full interior with carpet shampoo and a hand wash. 2019 Honda CRX metallic pearl.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to try something different with my bday gift to myself. Rinseless washing is cool but I’m a foam guy yet I don’t always feel like pulling out the pressure washer. I attached my Ryobi tire inflator since I don’t want to pay for the IK compressor and I think it’s my new way of washing my car.

The main reason I bought the foamer was to use my pre-washes more efficiently. With one gallon of water and 5.5 ounces of Auto Foam (4% PIR), which is almost a third of what it takes in a foam cannon, I was able to get around my car twice with plenty of foam. After 1.5 bottles of Auto Foam or Touchless the foamer will pay for itself. I just have to find a way to quickly attach and detach the inflator and I’ll be good to go. The end result was knocking about 15 minutes off my wash and still getting the same result.

On a side note I wasn’t a fan of Carpro Blackout because I thought it would give me more gloss but I now see that it gives me that OEM tire look after a few washes but it’s been holding steady for a few months.

8. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, opie, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Decided to try something different with my bday gift to myself. Rinseless washing is cool but I’m a foam guy yet I don’t always feel like pulling out the pressure washer. I attached my Ryobi tire inflator since I don’t want to pay for the IK compressor and I think it’s my new way of washing my car.

The main reason I bought the foamer was to use my pre-washes more efficiently. With one gallon of water and 5.5 ounces of Auto Foam (4% PIR), which is almost a third of what it takes in a foam cannon, I was able to get around my car twice with plenty of foam. After 1.5 bottles of Auto Foam or Touchless the foamer will pay for itself. I just have to find a way to quickly attach and detach the inflator and I’ll be good to go. The end result was knocking about 15 minutes off my wash and still getting the same result.

On a side note I wasn’t a fan of Carpro Blackout because I thought it would give me more gloss but I now see that it gives me that OEM tire look after a few washes but it’s been holding steady for a few months.
    So are you foaming, letting dwell then jumping right into your rinseless without hosing off first?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    So are you foaming, letting dwell then jumping right into your rinseless without hosing off first?

I'm using this instead of a rinseless when i don't feel like pulling out the pressure washer. I foam with Auto Foam, let it dwell and then rinse with my hose. Then I did a contact wash with Reset, rinsed and dried. Take into consideration I'm only doing this with my vehicles and not customers. My cars are both coated and well maintained so there's never a ton of dirt to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Customer requested a basic wash and wax. After settling on a payment of 25 goldfish, I used a one bucket method with Gold Class and used 845 as my LSP. Sorry, no before pictures. Knew I had my work cut out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

12. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Customer requested a basic wash and wax. After settling on a payment of 25 goldfish, I used a one bucket method with Gold Class and used 845 as my LSP. Sorry, no before pictures. Knew I had my work cut out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Is this some kind of secret Alabama currency?

Because if "goldfish" means dollars, you're gonna go broke........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I did the usual touch-free wash after work and came home to dry it but this time used a drying aid...Sonax Ceramic Slick Ultra Detailer. This product is so much more than a "detailer" but those who know...KNOWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I also did the wheel faces with it as well because, well, N padsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then vac'd it out and decided to change out my cabin filter, a yearly thing for me and as you can see it was time, lots of debris in there. The new cabin filter is a charcoal type and I sprayed it with Griot's Garage leather scent, will last for a couple days coming out of the ventsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes Big Dave, Uncbrs, PaulMys, chilly, Dirty Harry and 1 others liked this post
Page 1104 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 1046041004105410941095109610971098109911001101110211031104110511061107110811091110111111121113111411541204 ... LastLast