autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    It goes on the car. It counts. Solution Finish or something else?

Duh...forgot to say...

It was sitting outside since last camping trip in late July.
    Cleaned with dish soap, followed by 25% IPA for prepping, and then coated with left over McKee's 37 ceramic coating V2 (about 5 years old, but I kept it refrigerated in cobalt blue boston round bottles).

Had to used it up, before going with one of the newer coatings out there.

E

2. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I was walking past the car and the light was just right and I noticed a RIDS I hadn’t seen before on the hood

4-5 scratches about 7”-8” long like something had been set down on it and scooted across the paint

I’m still figuring out what to replenish my arsenal with and the only thing I have right now is Megs Ultimate Compound and Griots Ceramic AIO

This is the bottle of Griots I actually got last summer to replace the original bottle with separation issues and it had never even been opened

I couldn’t catch a nail in the scratches so I started as gentle as possible and worked my way up through the pads I have with the Griots AIO

I wasn’t really expecting anything dramatic but I was expecting some correction and I honestly didn’t see anything accomplished

Maybe I was being naive but if it had been 3D Speed I know I would have seen something

I switched to the Megs Ultimate on an orange heavy polishing pad and did 3 passes at medium speed and pressure and it helped a bit so I stepped up to a yellow light cutting pad and repeated the process

It leveled the scratches a bit but left a lot of haze so I stopped there

I went over the area again with the Griots AIO to try and help the haze and honestly it didn’t do much at all

I’m calling it good for now and I will be ordering some more liquids to fix it correctly

I should have left it alone until I got my supplies sorted out but…

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

One nice thing about 3rd shift is getting home at prime car cleaning time. Light enough to see but sun still behind the trees. Perfect. Gonna do an ONR wipe-down on thr GLI today. Just dusty with some spots from dew running off the car. Nothing ONR can't handle.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

5. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use this style of spray bottle for ONR. Super fine mist and once you build up some pressure with the sprayer you can gingerly squeeze slowly and a constant stream of fine mist comes out. Gets on windows, obviously, but those are dirty too if the car is so oh well.

Anywho, when my ONR finally runs out in like 2032, what should I replace it with? Taking suggestions, best waterless wash these days, go. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20230920_075711-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20230920_075716-jpg

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

7. Likes Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I use this style of spray bottle for ONR. Super fine mist and once you build up some pressure with the sprayer you can gingerly squeeze slowly and a constant stream of fine mist comes out. Gets on windows, obviously, but those are dirty too if the car is so oh well.

Anywho, when my ONR finally runs out in like 2032, what should I replace it with? Taking suggestions, best waterless wash these days, go. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20230920_075711-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20230920_075716-jpg

I really like Carpro Ech2o, I've used it a variety of ways, as a QD when only light dusting is required, as a drying aid after a normal 2B wash with Reset, and as a rinseless wash when the FJ had dirty rain spots all over it. It just felt better than ONR, equivalent or better cleaning, and feels much easier on the paint, less streaky, and fantastic gloss. I still have more than 2 litres of ONR concentrate left, I don't know how I'm ever going to use it up.

I've even used it in the house, to clean the windows, as a treatment on the glass shower screen, even on the chrome taps, makes wiping everything so much easier.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes PouncingPanzer, chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I really like Carpro Ech2o, I've used it a variety of ways, as a QD when only light dusting is required, as a drying aid after a normal 2B wash with Reset, and as a rinseless wash when the FJ had dirty rain spots all over it. It just felt better than ONR, equivalent or better cleaning, and feels much easier on the paint, less streaky, and fantastic gloss. I still have more than 2 litres of ONR concentrate left, I don't know how I'm ever going to use it up.

I've even used it in the house, to clean the windows, as a treatment on the glass shower screen, even on the chrome taps, makes wiping everything so much easier.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I have used Eco2o as well, ended up tossing a bunch actually there was a sale on the 5L size and I got maybe halfway through it and after about 3 years it began to separate quicker and streak on me. No matter how much I mixed it up. But, Reload did that too from time to time...I'm sure they have rectified those issues by now. I hope lol.

ONR is great...I love it. I use it to wile interiors down. Inside the house. Glass. Hell, makes a decent air freshener too. Like, I imagine the legendary snozsberries referenced in Super Troopers smell exactly like classic blue ONR.

11. Likes Big Dave, chilly, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anywho, when my ONR finally runs out in like 2032, what should I replace it with? Taking suggestions, best waterless wash these days, go.
    It would be interesting to do yet another poll on the best rinseless/waterless product BUT along with voting you would submit a water hardness/mineral test to see if there is any correlation of best product for hard, soft, etc

I know a lot of people will only use DI water to mix up their WW/RW and other diluted products, but that's not always the case and it has been mentioned many times before that the different user experiences we have with chemicals we have to dilute with water, like car soap or RW, might just come down to the water chemistry

13. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    It would be interesting to do yet another poll on the best rinseless/waterless product BUT along with voting you would submit a water hardness/mineral test to see if there is any correlation of best product for hard, soft, etc

I know a lot of people will only use DI water to mix up their WW/RW and other diluted products, but that's not always the case and it has been mentioned many times before that the different user experiences we have with chemicals we have to dilute with water, like car soap or RW, might just come down to the water chemistry
    That would certainly make it more interesting, and set the test apart. It would likely be the first of it's kind. I just use my very softened and dechlorinated tap water for everything.

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would certainly make it more interesting, and set the test apart. It would likely be the first of it's kind. I just use my very softened and dechlorinated tap water for everything.

The water at the new house seems much softer than our old well water based on lack of mineral deposits on faucets, etc although I haven't actually tested it to see

We are on a small community water system and the house has a good sized whole house filter system

I checked the filter after about 4 1/2 months and it was absolutely clean, although that certainly doesn't have anything to do with hardness

17. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR is great...I love it. I use it to wile interiors down. Inside the house. Glass. Hell, makes a decent air freshener too. Like, I imagine the legendary snozsberries referenced in Super Troopers smell exactly like classic blue ONR.

I use it in the house as well and it is amazing on the LVP flooring

19. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
Page 1101 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1016011001105110911092109310941095109610971098109911001101110211031104110511061107110811091110111111511201 ... LastLast