autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Getting things dialed in!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    This is what I'm working towards. Two more coating jobs and I should have enough to begin my garage renovation. First up is getting the floor redone and then some professional shelving.

2. Likes Big Dave, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After about 11 hours of work this car is done. One coat of CSL with EXOv5 as a top coat.

I'm finding that word of mouth is the most powerful advertisement you can "pay" for. This customer was referred to me by my first coating customer whose vehicles I coated in August of last year. After doing this Volvo he's bringing me his 4 Runner for the same treatment and after he does a little work to his Land Cruiser that's coming my way as well. If this keeps up I can finally realize my dream of being an exterior only detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    After about 11 hours of work this car is done. One coat of CSL with EXOv5 as a top coat.

I'm finding that word of mouth is the most powerful advertisement you can "pay" for. This customer was referred to me by my first coating customer whose vehicles I coated in August of last year. After doing this Volvo he's bringing me his 4 Runner for the same treatment and after he does a little work to his Land Cruiser that's coming my way as well. If this keeps up I can finally realize my dream of being an exterior only detailer.

Yeah, exterior is the only way to go, other than a light spruce up of the interiorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Optimus Grime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah, exterior is the only way to go, other than a light spruce up of the interiorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hearing stories of what detailers find from random people's interiors... no thanks What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

These days the only reason I get on the inside of a customer’s car is to drive it in and out of my garage.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The FJ only had light dust spots, so I thought I'd try a home touchless wash. I didn't feel like getting the pressure washer out, so I used the cheap foamer that attaches to the hose directly, filled with NV Snow at about 1:10. It was very liquidy, as expected, but with plenty of foam. I then rinsed and moved it back inside to dry it with the big boi, which actually took longer than washing it due to the size of the FJ, and how many nooks and crannies it has. After taking the third pic I noticed some water streaking left behind, and some dirt marks on the black trim, so I ended up going over it lightly with Ech2o, nice clean MF for the paint and glass, and an old used one on the black trim. So not a completely touchless wash, but almost.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, Uncbrs, CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered cquartz lite for my next LSP, and a bottle of Gyeon Prep. Will apply without polishing due to time constraints. Will use Kamikaze Cleansing as my prep.

I guess I’m becoming a Carpro fan as I keep going back to certain Carpro products- Reset, Descale and Ech20 primarily. Figured I might as well use their Can Coat equivalent to keep it all within the brand lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Big Dave, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The FJ only had light dust spots, so I thought I'd try a home touchless wash. I didn't feel like getting the pressure washer out, so I used the cheap foamer that attaches to the hose directly, filled with NV Snow at about 1:10. It was very liquidy, as expected, but with plenty of foam. I then rinsed and moved it back inside to dry it with the big boi, which actually took longer than washing it due to the size of the FJ, and how many nooks and crannies it has. After taking the third pic I noticed some water streaking left behind, and some dirt marks on the black trim, so I ended up going over it lightly with Ech2o, nice clean MF for the paint and glass, and an old used one on the black trim. So not a completely touchless wash, but almost.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Love your FJ Big Dave. I thought about getting one at one time but they were hard to come by.

15. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiped a big ole bird bomb off the driver's door of my Edge. I broke my wrist last week, so I can't do a proper wash. I used Griots Brilliant Finish rinseless to gently wipe the door down.

I only did the window, door and hood because hood had small turd on it as well.

I'm not happy about only doing the 2 panels, but didn't want to let the bird goo sit on the paint for too long.

17. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished my daughter's JL Willy's.

Last step were the tires/wheels.
    Wheels got a coating of Wheel Coat from an old stash of McKee's 37 Wheel Coating (bought a long time ago, but refrigerated after opening ).
    Tires got 2 coats of my very own "special sauce", which isn't even a car product:

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-jl-wheel-1-jpg

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-jl-wheel-2-jpg

19. Likes Big Dave, bill walsh liked this post
Page 1083 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 83583983103310731074107510761077107810791080108110821083108410851086108710881089109010911092109311331183 ... LastLast