autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Time to give the FJ some attention.

Wheels and tyres were cleaned with NV Purge.

Then a 2B wash with Reset, it was a thin dilution, a leftover bucket from the last Qashqai wash, still clean so I just added some more water. The protection on it is still very good, so it was an easy, light wash.

Dried using Ech2o as a drying aid, I wasn't 100% happy with the process, but I think the issue was with the MF I was using, it's from Bowden's and is the one they recommend to use with their drying aid, After Glow. I'll try a different MF next time. I was happy with the end results though.

I then gave the interior a wipe over with TW Inside Job, it was only a little dusty, but I love the scent.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, SNP209, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Time to give the FJ some attention.

Wheels and tyres were cleaned with NV Purge.

Then a 2B wash with Reset, it was a thin dilution, a leftover bucket from the last Qashqai wash, still clean so I just added some more water. The protection on it is still very good, so it was an easy, light wash.

Dried using Ech2o as a drying aid, I wasn't 100% happy with the process, but I think the issue was with the MF I was using, it's from Bowden's and is the one they recommend to use with their drying aid, After Glow. I'll try a different MF next time. I was happy with the end results though.

I then gave the interior a wipe over with TW Inside Job, it was only a little dusty, but I love the scent.

How are those door handle covers doing DaveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How are those door handle covers doing DaveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

They're good, they only secure with double sided tape, which I wasn't going to trust, so I put some epoxy on the back of them as well. So they are fixed solid to the door handles. The only annoyance is that some of the silver handle underneath was visible when you got up close, so I painted those bits with some matt black model paint, which has flaked off in a couple of places. When it gets worse I may retry after sanding the silver bits a little bit , to help with adhesion.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First off to my Aussie friends...Nv is the sh!tWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today's wash was a more D E E P clean as I felt my paint last night, after going through the touch-free wash, and it felt a little gritty, so I knew what I was going to be doing this morning...let's get to itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started off with Bilt-Hamber Karrosol, their iron remover and to my surprise I had some bleeding, inparticular the corners, so a good sign! While it was dwelling, I foamed the EN down with 3 oz of Nv Snow+ mixed with an ounce of DIY Detail Incredible Suds and let THAT dwell along with KarrosolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While the duo was doing its thing I turned my attention to the rims and tires, Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro 1.5 to the rescue, along with 3 brushes and it made quick work of things, always a winner as my go to maintence wheel/tire cleanerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then rinsed EVERYTHING down thoroughly and then used free flowing water to flush out the jams and windshield cowl, also to knock down the beads. Dried with the DPC and Griot's Garage PFM towels...EASYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It was now time to apply a new to me product...Nv Jet! Have heard sooo much about this product but after watching Sandro's video over a month ago I took the plunge, actually bought several other Nv products (Snow and Snow+) along w/ Jet and Lustre, the latter I haven't used yet but I know I will VERY soon! Anywho I had a 350 GSM Eagle edgeless to apply with and a 500 GSM to do the final buff. I now know what the hype is all about here...the sickness was immediate after the buff BUT the gloss....OMG THE G L O S SWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I stay ontop of my car and I can honestly SEE the difference, it's been taken to 11What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I later applied some 303 Tire Balm to the EN's Pirelli's as I took my g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash, came home and spot dried it and decided to apply Nv Jet to her car, so a very good test bed to be sure! This Nv Jet is supposed to be SUPER hydrophobic, now it's on both of our carsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nv continues to impress the hell out of me, you Aussie guys are lucky to have access to a great product line locally...USE IT UPWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I waited 2 months before I did a full scrub and coating of the brand new tires on the wife’s Buick. Cleaning was done with LA Totally Awesome on the tires and Griots Heavy duty wheel cleaner. Then 3 coats of Tufshine tire coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This 47 Chevrolet has probably not been touched since it was painted. I had to use a 3 inch on everything but roof! Ended up using allot of LK micro and the were jet black after ever panel.He just wanted a 1 step paint enhancement. He's selling it hopefully tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    This 47 Chevrolet has probably not been touched since it was painted. I had to use a 3 inch on everything but roof! Ended up using allot of LK micro and the were jet black after ever panel.He just wanted a 1 step paint enhancement. He's selling it hopefully tomorrow.
    Single stage paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and the roof was never even touched at the painter. I went through so many pads!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Very cool car. Coincidentally I googled a 1941 Cadillac to show in another forum just a few hours ago. Looks similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    First off to my Aussie friends...Nv is the sh!tWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today's wash was a more D E E P clean as I felt my paint last night, after going through the touch-free wash, and it felt a little gritty, so I knew what I was going to be doing this morning...let's get to itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started off with Bilt-Hamber Karrosol, their iron remover and to my surprise I had some bleeding, inparticular the corners, so a good sign! While it was dwelling, I foamed the EN down with 3 oz of Nv Snow+ mixed with an ounce of DIY Detail Incredible Suds and let THAT dwell along with KarrosolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While the duo was doing its thing I turned my attention to the rims and tires, Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro 1.5 to the rescue, along with 3 brushes and it made quick work of things, always a winner as my go to maintence wheel/tire cleanerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then rinsed EVERYTHING down thoroughly and then used free flowing water to flush out the jams and windshield cowl, also to knock down the beads. Dried with the DPC and Griot's Garage PFM towels...EASYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It was now time to apply a new to me product...Nv Jet! Have heard sooo much about this product but after watching Sandro's video over a month ago I took the plunge, actually bought several other Nv products (Snow and Snow+) along w/ Jet and Lustre, the latter I haven't used yet but I know I will VERY soon! Anywho I had a 350 GSM Eagle edgeless to apply with and a 500 GSM to do the final buff. I now know what the hype is all about here...the sickness was immediate after the buff BUT the gloss....OMG THE G L O S SWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I stay ontop of my car and I can honestly SEE the difference, it's been taken to 11What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I later applied some 303 Tire Balm to the EN's Pirelli's as I took my g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash, came home and spot dried it and decided to apply Nv Jet to her car, so a very good test bed to be sure! This Nv Jet is supposed to be SUPER hydrophobic, now it's on both of our carsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nv continues to impress the hell out of me, you Aussie guys are lucky to have access to a great product line locally...USE IT UPWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Glad you liked the NV products.

Jet is so close to a proper ceramic coating in terms of water behavior, so I'll be interested to hear what you think about it when it rains.

Next time you order, have look at Purge wheel cleaner. I don't need to use it often, but when I do, I know its going to get the job done! Its easily one of the best wheel cleaners on the market.

From this.............

To this without even agitating the surface, just spray/dwell/rinse...............

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 1072 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 72572972102210621063106410651066106710681069107010711072107310741075107610771078107910801081108211221172 ... LastLast