autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pics of finished truck. Still need to touch up paint some trim…stuff happens. I will say whatever the plastic trim is made of doesn’t like to take paint…going to try and find these parts in factory dark colors but will get by for now. Took visors to get upholstered so that’s only thing I’m waiting on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SNP209, JDGolden, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Pics of finished truck. Still need to touch up paint some trim…stuff happens. I will say whatever the plastic trim is made of doesn’t like to take paint…going to try and find these parts in factory dark colors but will get by for now.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you prep them properly? You need to scuff them up, wipe with wax/grease remover. Then spray them with a plastic primer adhesion promoter. Then move on to prep for your base color

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No…I scrubbed em with scotch brite and dawn dish soap dried and then prep wiped with 91% IPA and went for it. Some I can remove easily and do over, others might be a bit of a pita but doable. I’ll probably get some SEM paint next time I do it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    No…I scrubbed em with scotch brite and dawn dish soap dried and then prep wiped with 91% IPA and went for it. Some I can remove easily and do over, others might be a bit of a pita but doable. I’ll probably get some SEM paint next time I do it

I dont know what sem paint is.

Id advise to scuff them up and use the adhesion promoter primer for a successful outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I dont know what sem paint is.

Id advise to scuff them up and use the adhesion promoter primer for a successful outcome.

What am so scuffing with? Scotch brite didn’t seem to do much with dawn

Post Thanks / Like

Did you put new speakers in your truck to go along with new stereo?

I like the new color of trim.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-pxl_20230806_032147916-2-jpg
    Got the new Camaro back yesterday from PPF installation. They actually covered more than I was initially told so I'm much happier with the price. Nearly lower foot of the entire car covered, besides the entire front end. They were booked a few weeks out, and then was out of town for a while right after it was delivered, which is what took so long.

PPF had a day of 103 then a day of 105, so I did a very gentle reset wash as soon as it got home.

I didn't realize until I got polish on some of it and saw the edge. Crap, but it happened on the "spread" pass so didn't polish the fresh PPF.

Yes I did polish it again, I don't know what happened but the swirls from the dealer detail of paint death were back, not sure if the polish oils were hiding them or they used a really aggressive clay at the shop. I went mild last time but pulled out my better lighting this time for the coating so maybe that was the issue.

It was stupid hot here so I waited until dark to start. Knowing full well I had to get up before 7 I worked on the car until 1:30 am, doing two coats of UK3.0.

On another, downer of a note, my 2016 accord, that got SunTek when it was less than a month from being built, and has had a wax, sealant, or coating on it since it was 3 weeks old(so the SunTek has ALWAYS been protected)
    The hood SunTek has CRACKED spectacularly. It's awful. It's all above the engine area of the hood. Looks like someone washed it with a grill brush. It all happened over a couple of weeks, the worst during our time in the western heat wave on vacation. At first I thought I got keyed, but then after my next wash it was horrible.

Strangest part is it doesn't seem like it is dry at all, I pulled up and edge of one crack and it was still completely pliable, and started to separate so cleanly.

I remember that accord took an extra day, they had to redo part of my hood because they had a bad roll that was so bizarre SunTek wanted it back for analysis. Don't think I'll use it again

9. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXBKS View Post
    Did you put new speakers in your truck to go along with new stereo?

I like the new color of trim.
    Yes. I put some kicker speakers in the doors. Nothing fancy but an upgrade from the factory set. Thanks I never understood why gm made the roofline a totally different color and didn’t give you the option to change headliner and trim colors to match

Post Thanks / Like

Washed the truck at 7:30pm. Started with megs ultimate wheel and tire cleaner on the paint for iron decon. Hadn’t been done in 2 yrs and man that was a really purple truck. Then rinsed off and washed with 3D nano pail super soap…can’t recall it currently I’ll look in the AM. Figured it needed a good hand wash. Then used some ONR as clay lube and clayed the paint, glass, bumpers. Dried with 2 PFMs. Going to wipe it down in the AM and put something on it. Thinking IGL ecocoat premier or sonax PNS.

Post Thanks / Like

After cutting grass and a short break, did the maintenance wash on the truck yesterday. Partly cloudy. Finished with TWHSWW then a light refresh of Griots ceramic tire shine. Admit I was tired after doing both.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

13. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 1070 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 70570970102010601061106210631064106510661067106810691070107110721073107410751076107710781079108011201170 ... LastLast