autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I usually will what you do but 1.5 to 2 times as much. That’s on a free spinning 15. Trying to get an idea of passes with a gear driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Copy that. I use some pressure too, the last pass ill usually let up on it though. And faster arm speed than i would with a free spinning da

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's been an insane year for me thus far. Between all the rain we've gotten in CT and the fact that I had to get my place ready to be listed on the market, I've had zero time to do anything. I've washed the car once in 7 months. There is light at the end of the tunnel - today I promised myself that I'd give the dash a nice once-over. A full wash won't be in the cards until this weekend, but it will happen.

Finally LOL

3. Likes opie, Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After some bad storms earlier I decided to take my g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash for a needed clean up. The pre-wash tonight consisted of 4 oz of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam and a gallon of water in the IK Foam Pro 12 and that stuff makes quick work of dirt/dust/sap w/o a problemWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once home I used Bilt-Hamber QD @3:1 to even out the looks of the Continental DWS06's, a hidden use for a good QD in your collectionWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Been wanting this compressor for a while now. It’s like the Porsche of compressors in this class. This little daddy cranks out 5.3 CFM @ 90psi model 1620s California tools. I love that it’s so small and yet will run my Tornador without waiting now! Also the glove holder is from Amazon cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post

Been wanting this compressor for a while now. It’s like the Porsche of compressors in this class. This little daddy cranks out 5.3 CFM @ 90psi model 1620s California tools. I love that it’s so small and yet will run my Tornador without waiting now! Also the glove holder is from Amazon cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I just watched a video about that compressor yesterday! I bet you’ve watched the same video before. Lol.

Edit: My mistake, the model in the video I watched is model #10020C 10 gallon California Air Tools Compressor.

Post Thanks / Like

Same exact specs. Just bigger tank. I'm going to eventually get there 10 gallon auxiliary tank for the shop. Mobile I won't need it.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to have a somewhat unpleasant conversation with a former prospective customer.

He originally was going to come to me to have his Model X coated. I’m a home based detailer and because my operating cost is low I consider myself to be an affordable coating installer but he found a detailer installing 7 year coatings for $600 (red flag #1) and he had that detailer apply a coating to his car. He came to me for some advice after it was coated, he lives in my neighborhood, on how to maintain it and I told him to find out what kind of coating so that I could tell him the maintenance products. The detailer never revealed the coating (red flag #2). He came to me yesterday after finally being told that the coating came from a Majestic Solutions store near me. The customer recalled that the bottle looked lavender so I did some looking around on the web and found the coating and informed my neighbor that his coating was a 2 year topper called Shield Repel.

I’m a little torn though. Part of me feels bad for the guy. His first experience with a coating was when he tried to apply Adam’s Advanced Spray Coating and ended up with the entire car being a high spot and scratched to hell. Then he just wasted his money on a subpar coating that is underperforming as his car is always dirty and the coating has poor self cleaning capabilities. He didn’t say it, but he looked completely dejected when he found out the coating. The other part of me is saying this is what you get when your only consideration for something is the price and not quality or the integrity of the detailer. If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Same exact specs. Just bigger tank. I'm going to eventually get there 10 gallon auxiliary tank for the shop. Mobile I won't need it.
    Makes sense. That guy had his home garage set up as his detail shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I had to have a somewhat unpleasant conversation with a former prospective customer.

He originally was going to come to me to have his Model X coated. I’m a home based detailer and because my operating cost is low I consider myself to be an affordable coating installer but he found a detailer installing 7 year coatings for $600 (red flag #1) and he had that detailer apply a coating to his car. He came to me for some advice after it was coated, he lives in my neighborhood, on how to maintain it and I told him to find out what kind of coating so that I could tell him the maintenance products. The detailer never revealed the coating (red flag #2). He came to me yesterday after finally being told that the coating came from a Majestic Solutions store near me. The customer recalled that the bottle looked lavender so I did some looking around on the web and found the coating and informed my neighbor that his coating was a 2 year topper called Shield Repel.

I’m a little torn though. Part of me feels bad for the guy. His first experience with a coating was when he tried to apply Adam’s Advanced Spray Coating and ended up with the entire car being a high spot and scratched to hell. Then he just wasted his money on a subpar coating that is underperforming as his car is always dirty and the coating has poor self cleaning capabilities. He didn’t say it, but he looked completely dejected when he found out the coating. The other part of me is saying this is what you get when your only consideration for something is the price and not quality or the integrity of the detailer. If something is too good to be true, it probably is.
    Sometimes folks need to learn the hard way, sad to say.

Im cheap compared to what the actual buisnesses around me charge for the same work. I personally cannot justify charging more, i feel like id be ripping folks off if i did. I feel that i do good work for a good price. Folks are happy and i keep getting work, and i still make money.

I kinda feel bad for the guy too. But not much ya can do really other than tell him...sucks to suckWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? jk

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12. Likes minerigger, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post

He should be having all those conversations with the detailers who installed on his car, not you. At this point he’s sort of wasting your time when you could’ve just done a proper job to begin with. It’s not your problem, right?

14. Likes opie, dwaleke liked this post
Page 1066 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 66566966101610561057105810591060106110621063106410651066106710681069107010711072107310741075107611161166 ... LastLast