autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When you say a brand that needs an update are talking about Zaino or Infiniti, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Infiniti only! I don't need any reason to buy a newly packaged nostalgic detailing chemical What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Infiniti only! I don't need any reason to buy a newly packaged nostalgic detailing chemical What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm looking forward to using Z-CS, I'm wondering if I can make the EN look like a Jolly Rancher candy What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week, I parked in front of a clients house that uses well water and his sprinklers kicked on covering the right side of the car and hood…in the middle of the day which was around 95 degrees. Needless to say I had water spots all over the car that wouldn’t come off with basic wash and a few other experiments, so busted out the G9 and some 3D Speed and took care of 95% of the spots, finished up with WDPGS.

Fast forward to yesterday, parked in front of the same house, different time, further down his property line just in case the sprinklers kicked on again…yep you guessed it and they turned on again! This time it got the left side of the car, the hood, roof, and trunk lid! I WAS PISSED!

I tried different things to no avail, busted of the G9 again and hit the hood, thank goodness the side panels appeared to be fine as well as the trunk ld after washing, I didn’t bother with the roof yet as it was extremely humid and hot at 8:00 this morning.

I’ll be going to the house again later this week and needless to say I will not park anywhere near his house!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

6. Likes SNP209, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Presumably he's watering at mid-day to maximize evaporation and minimize the amount of water his lawn actually is able to absorb? I've heard sometimes it gets hot in Texas but not being a resident that's just speculation.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago View Post
    Presumably he's watering at mid-day to maximize evaporation and minimize the amount of water his lawn actually is able to absorb? I've heard sometimes it gets hot in Texas but not being a resident that's just speculation.
    It’s a new house and new yard, so the builder programmed the sprinkler system to water multiple times a day at this point.

Hot….? I took a cold shower and burned myself!

The last 10 days have been brutal, normally like this in august but at least we’re forecast for some rain for the next few days which brings the temp down to around 90! I’m a native Houstonian so I’m kinda used to it but the older I get the mor difficult it’s becoming.

JF

Speaking of rain, it just started!

9. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I hate doing the interiors of other people's vehicles, one of the reasons I don't do it for a job I guess. I have a rule for when I've done friends or relatives cars, you must remove all the rubbish before you give it to me, I'll clean the interior, but I won't pick up your rubbish. Empty lolly wrappers and soft drink containers, unfinished or dropped food, and worst of all, used tissues, will make me leave the interior alone.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Normally I would pass but it was a package deal. The customer is buying the SUV from her brother whose Tesla I detailed and they were the ideal customers. She wants the SUV to feel as new as possible so I’ve already done a paint correction and applied Mohs. It’s good money and basically funded all of my all of the fun I had in Costa Rica for my 15th anniversary trip so I won’t complain too much. Honestly, even though the previous owner had 4 kids, vacuuming will take care of about 80% of the job.

The brother ended up getting a minivan and his wife wants a good interior/exterior detail. After that I think it’s time to take interiors off the menu except for the occasional friend or family member.

11. Likes SNP209, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's 90 degrees and I took the g/f's Cruze through the touch-free wash, no pre-wash as I washed it 2 days ago, just dustyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once home I boosted up the tires w/ECO Touch tire dressing and it's all done! A hot day like today is perfect for this wash as it's last cycle is spot-free rinse, no need to dry...just drive and your good to go, especially on a hot dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    It’s a new house and new yard, so the builder programmed the sprinkler system to water multiple times a day at this point.

JF

Speaking of rain, it just started!

That makes a lot more sense! Still seems like maybe he should have the sprinklers themselves adjusted a bit for aim. An older system I'd kind of get it but new ones shouldn't be watering the gutters and parked cars. Glad to see the rain. Up until this weekend I'd say we could have used some up here but then, BLAM. A little moderation in how we get our dry and our wet would be kind of nice - a sine wave of drought and flooding doesn't help too many people but what can you do?

But slip your card on some windshields to advertise water spot removal and pick up some business!

Post Thanks / Like

I finally had the chance to wash my car after 6 rainy weekends in a row and rain pretty much every other day so no point in washing it after work on a weekday. Due to ash/dust from the Canadian wildfires possibly clogging my coating I did a 3PH wash with Labocosmetica Primus and Purifica followed by a PH neutral wash with Reset. The coating ended up not being clogged at all but it's been at least 6 weeks since I last washed my car better safe than sorry.

This also meant I could finally use my new Autofiber Dreadnought MAX drying towel and it was extremely good. The extra layer of microfiber in between really does make a big difference in water not soaking through to the other side of the towel. Definitely now my go to drying towel.

I also used Armor Detailing Supplies Tire+ dressing and it too exceeded my expectations. Two sprays into a mini hex applicator was the perfect amount to coat each tire without having to spray the applicator again. By far the nicest applying and best smelling (mmm mango) tire dressing I've ever used. Now to see how long it lasts because if it can hold up for 4'ish weeks like Gyeon Q2 Tire does I've found my end game tire dressing.

16. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned the engine bay on the FJ today . I used Bowden's Orange Agent with a soft wheel brush and a small detailing brush. Dried it with the Bigboi. I didn't dress it though, it's too windy to spray Hyper Dressing without getting overspray everywhere.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Likes Tasmania, Klasse Act, DFB, Uncbrs, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
Page 1051 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 51551951100110411042104310441045104610471048104910501051105210531054105510561057105810591060106111011151 ... LastLast