autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    There’s a spot near me called Sam’s which is a local favorite but I get plenty of calls from customers that after a year or two want paint correction, although they’re too cheap to pay for it.

The worst offenders are the dealerships. I’ve had customers ready to sue after their car was washed one time while the financing papers were being signed. Brand new vehicles coming out the gate needing hundreds in paint correction.
    OMGWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

With the upcoming rains for tomorrow and probably not getting my detailing fix tomorrow, I decided to go out there and so some interior "sprucing up", let's goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by doing a vac of the entire interior and trunk. Next was some Connolly Leather cleaner on a scrub ninja to properly clean the steering wheel, I actually did it twice, basically "revving it" like a motorcycle throttle if you will. Letting that dry real good I then used DIY Detail Interior Clean and Protect on the entire interior, sans the steering wheel. This product works SO WELL on my Alcantara, very rewarding to use!

I finished up with that steering wheel, reached for Geist leather conditioner and I'm REALLY liking this product for leather What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I applied some on the d/s leather bolsters for obvious reasonsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now...I can relax in the A/C What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing around with a new product sent to me. It’s pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Radar changed. So went out to clean the rest of the jeep. Pre soaked each panel with 3d waterless wash as im trying to use up the last of that gallon follwed by a pure rinseless wash.

Wiped down after with amplify. Redid the hood with ceramic sealant, then topped with amplify to protect from any rain that might come later.

Fwiw ill have a better gauge on the ceramic sealant after i use it on an entire vehicle. But the little bit i used on the hood was very nice. Slick, easy on/off. Was used in partial clouds, panel was a warm but had no streaks! Personally that has been one of my biggiest issues with other ceramic sealants.

Also wiped down the jeeps interior/door jams with adapt.

So far really impressed with all three products. Only time will tell but, might become a staple on my shelf.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Nice man. I have fellow subscriber to my channel and he reached out to me telling me how good both products are. He topped the ceramic sealant after the first wash with Amplify.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, I’ve been looking at the ceramic sealant for a while now.

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    It’s good. You won’t be disappointed in it.

5. Thanks Jayfro thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, opie, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Car was clean before the rains last night. So, this morning, I blotted it off and used some Pinnacle waterless for the remaining spots. I forgot how nice it is to use as a waterless and rinseless. On the upper rear quarter panel, I noticed that I missed removing the second layer of FK1000p I applied last week. It came right off, no issues.

After I have some more coffee, I may spruce up the interior a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, I’ve been looking at the ceramic sealant for a while now.

JF

So far what little time ive had with it id have to say i agree with guz.

Personally i would order a bottle. Might as well get amplify and adapt while your at it lol.

Adapt worked really well for a glass cleaner as well. Ya ever have that dragging feeling on your mf/ glass towel when cleaning glass with a dedicated glass cleaner? Theres no dragging feeling with adapt. Just spritz your towel,then wipe glass. After that flip your towel to dry side and go over once more. It truely is a very versitile product

8. Thanks Jayfro thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Playing around with a new product sent to me. It’s pretty good.

Nice man. I have fellow subscriber to my channel and he reached out to me telling me how good both products are. He topped the ceramic sealant after the first wash with Amplify.
    Can wheel cleaner be diluted or is it ment to run how its bottled? No mention on the website, thought mabe the bottle might say on it.

When it comes to wheels/tires, i like a product i can dilute to suite my needs.

And as for ceramic sealant/amplify, im gonna get out and get some more trigger time with them today as the incoming rain is pushed till tomorrow. Buick will get an entire application of the ceramic sealant. Not many products get me that excited to get out and use lol

Got a guy at work that i recomended the sealant to based off your review of it, but he wanted me to test it out first before he ordered any. No doubt he'll be placing an order.

Post Thanks / Like

The wheel cleaner is ready to use.

11. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed the wife’s QX30, we got it about 8 months ago, feels like a go kart it’s so small…but very peppy!

I haven’t done much to it since we got it, been on the fence with ceramic or sealant. I did finally break down a couple of weeks ago and clayed it since the paint felt like sandpaper even without the baggy, topped it with 303 Graphene for now.

Today was just the basic wash with GG Brilliant Wash and Breakbuster on the tires and wheels.

Also hit the Acura afterwards, same process and products…neither car was too dirty but then again they never are!

I’ll hit the tires later, it’s too damn hot right now!

JF

13. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, Tasmania, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BH Wheel followed by TWHS Wheel + Tire foam

303 Ceramic Spray Sealant on the wheels

Ethos Foam Party with a splash of BH Touchless for a pre-wash

Incredible Suds for the wash (after this and the above my driveway looked like the aftermath of a foam party)

303 Graphene Tire Gloss

CarPro Clarify on the windows with their window towel (really like this towel)

PA Color Charged Cosmic Spritz just as a standalone and over old protection (the PA bespoke wax). I don't expect it to last the stated 4-6 months as a standalone as a result of it being a topper, just couldn't wait to use it! The whole thing about wearing gloves with it is definitely true... can't wait to see it in 24hrs now. If it ends up playing nicely with the PA wax, that's just a bonus but no issues with application. Another easy to use and forgiving PA product!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SNP209, Big Dave, Tasmania, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Helped a coworker iron decon, hand wash, clay and lsp his new to him 19 ram 2500hd. Was just showing him how to take care of it and he threw some $$$ at me so I was pretty stoked. He was ecstatic and excited to keep it clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Big Dave, Uncbrs, Jayfro, Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1045 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 4554594599510351036103710381039104010411042104310441045104610471048104910501051105210531054105510951145 ... LastLast