autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finished this project up this morning. Another victim of automatic car washes. If anyone has Yvan Lacroix’s number could you tell him that tunnel washes do scratch paint.

I cleaned the paint up as much as possible considering how thin the paint is now and topped it off with Mohs. Now time for some relaxation in Costa Rica.

2. Likes MisterSnoop, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Finished this project up this morning. Another victim of automatic car washes. If anyone has Yvan Lacroix’s number could you tell him that tunnel washes do scratch paint.

I cleaned the paint up as much as possible considering how thin the paint is now and topped it off with Mohs. Now time for some relaxation in Costa Rica.
    Did Yvan claim that tunnel washes don't scratch paint? Enjoy Costa Rica!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Did Yvan claim that tunnel washes don't scratch paint? Enjoy Costa Rica!
    Yeah. He said that newer car washes use neoprene foam and are safe; as long as they’re maintained properly which they never are in my area.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. He said that newer car washes use neoprene foam and are safe

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. He said that newer car washes use neoprene foam and are safe; as long as they’re maintained properly which they never are in my area.
    There's a chain carwash here in Chicagoland called Delta Sonic and when you buy anything above the base wash it uses those long strips that go side to side. I've taken my old ES and yes, even my EN through it without an issue. IIRC I was having problems with QR reader which made me go there with the EN and no problems, I felt confident based off of past experiences.

The thing is too, when you get the $12.00 wash you get a free wash the next dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

About to try polishing the GLIs windshield. Never done it before. Using Carpro glass polish with the Lake Country pad.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    There's a chain carwash here in Chicagoland called Delta Sonic and when you buy anything above the base wash it uses those long strips that go side to side. I've taken my old ES and yes, even my EN through it without an issue. IIRC I was having problems with QR reader which made me go there with the EN and no problems, I felt confident based off of past experiences.

The thing is too, when you get the $12.00 wash you get a free wash the next dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    There’s a spot near me called Sam’s which is a local favorite but I get plenty of calls from customers that after a year or two want paint correction, although they’re too cheap to pay for it.

The worst offenders are the dealerships. I’ve had customers ready to sue after their car was washed one time while the financing papers were being signed. Brand new vehicles coming out the gate needing hundreds in paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    About to try polishing the GLIs windshield. Never done it before. Using Carpro glass polish with the Lake Country pad.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Make sure to cover anything you dont want spatter on, and use lots of water. Are you going at it with a rotary?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There’s a spot near me called Sam’s which is a local favorite but I get plenty of calls from customers that after a year or two want paint correction, although they’re too cheap to pay for it.

The worst offenders are the dealerships. I’ve had customers ready to sue after their car was washed one time while the financing papers were being signed. Brand new vehicles coming out the gate needing hundreds in paint correction.
    I know of one around here that I'm pretty sure owes me 3 days of my life back + what I lost while using a glaze to cover it until I could give those 3 days up.

And with dealerships you don't even get what you pay for... they're all bad

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Radar changed. So went out to clean the rest of the jeep. Pre soaked each panel with 3d waterless wash as im trying to use up the last of that gallon follwed by a pure rinseless wash.

Wiped down after with amplify. Redid the hood with ceramic sealant, then topped with amplify to protect from any rain that might come later.

Fwiw ill have a better gauge on the ceramic sealant after i use it on an entire vehicle. But the little bit i used on the hood was very nice. Slick, easy on/off. Was used in partial clouds, panel was a warm but had no streaks! Personally that has been one of my biggiest issues with other ceramic sealants.

Also wiped down the jeeps interior/door jams with adapt.

So far really impressed with all three products. Only time will tell but, might become a staple on my shelf.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, I’ve been looking at the ceramic sealant for a while now.

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

13. Likes opie liked this post
Page 1044 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341035103610371038103910401041104210431044104510461047104810491050105110521053105410941144 ... LastLast