autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Never have seen that in stock at any of the 4 Harbor Freight stores I have been to here on LI.

But that's not saying the PA ones don't stock it.
    It's on their website and the stores around me show it as in stock. The delivery drivers probably just don't want to deal with long island accents?

2. Likes PaulMys, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    It's on their website and the stores around me show it as in stock. The delivery drivers probably just don't want to deal with long island accents?
    Keep pushing your luck, son…

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep pushing your luck, son…

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

By the time you get to the other end of the island, you'll forget what you were doing anyway...

5. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    By the time you get to the other end of the island, you'll forget what you were doing anyway...
    **Pulls out note pad and adds “MisterSnoop” to the eradication list…**

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes Tasmania, opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ruh roh...

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    I gave up coatings. Not worth all the effort for people to not take care of em. Good money but doesn’t make sense here…not yet. Went back to spray on wipe off stuff or sio2 spray and rinse.
    I completely agree. I still do them. As a matter of fact I've got a Palisade coming in Thursday for some Mohs but when the customer called me I gave her my honest opinion on coatings. I think they're great but 80% of my customers don't maintain them with a simple monthly rinse less wash and are pissing their money away. She's taking possession of the SUV Thursday and wants it to look as new as possible so she is still going to go with a three year coating and according to her, her husband will have no problem maintaining it but she seems like the exception and not the rule.

I did a 5 year coating back in January and the guy called me out of the blue two weeks ago for a maintenance wash. He hadn't washed the car at all since I coated it. I did a decon wash to restore the coating and it worked but I doubt it will survive 18 months at this rate.

11. Likes noorth, opie, DFB liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I completely agree. I still do them. As a matter of fact I've got a Palisade coming in Thursday for some Mohs but when the customer called me I gave her my honest opinion on coatings. I think they're great but 80% of my customers don't maintain them with a simple monthly rinse less wash and are pissing their money away. She's taking possession of the SUV Thursday and wants it to look as new as possible so she is still going to go with a three year coating and according to her, her husband will have no problem maintaining it but she seems like the exception and not the rule.

I did a 5 year coating back in January and the guy called me out of the blue two weeks ago for a maintenance wash. He hadn't washed the car at all since I coated it. I did a decon wash to restore the coating and it worked but I doubt it will survive 18 months at this rate.
    Nice insight.

I work away from my home for 28 days straight on a marine vessel and it's cold here so i can go months without washing my car. But I'm doing much better since I discovered rinseless!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I'm going to step back from ceramic coating this year. I want something more relaxing and i can use a primer polish to prep the surface again whenever i want to try another LSP. I love primer polishes. Just 2-3 slow passes is all i usually do. You can polish a whole car in a few hours.
    I detail on the side. I’m a teacher during the week and there are definitely times the coating regime burns me out. I like the money but sometimes I wish customers would just opt for a nice exterior detail with a ceramic sealant. I think it’s better for most customers anyways since I know they won’t maintain the coating.

14. Likes noorth, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used the 3401.

Just put my hands on the Hercules this past weekend.

If the Hercules lasts for any amount of time with no problems, then FLEX just lost their weekend warrior market for the 3401.

Damn...wonder what the griots g9 fans would do. You have a g9. I mean lifetime warrenty for a few more dollars i guess you be the only big selling point. Whats your thought on that?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Nice insight.

I work away from my home for 28 days straight on a marine vessel and it's cold here so i can go months without washing my car. But I'm doing much better since I discovered rinseless!
    That’s all it takes. A 30 to 40 minute rinseless wash once a month and use Gyeon Ceramic Detailer as a drying aid, my current favorite coating maintenance product, and they would be good to go but that doesn’t even happen.

Page 1041 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 4154194199110311032103310341035103610371038103910401041104210431044104510461047104810491050105110911141 ... LastLast