autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I can drive my z28 past there and give a yell for you instead. Lol

New mustang for DFB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed that. Let’s get some details!

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I put Griot's ceramic glass cleaner on the untreated passenger side of my windshield. Figured I would have to wait until it rained to start comparing them. This morning there was dew on the windshield. I hit the wipers to clear it off. The passenger side stayed foggy for a little bit after that. The driver side with invisible glass clean & repel was clear.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Yesterday, I put Griot's ceramic glass cleaner on the untreated passenger side of my windshield. Figured I would have to wait until it rained to start comparing them. This morning there was dew on the windshield. I hit the wipers to clear it off. The passenger side stayed foggy for a little bit after that. The driver side with invisible glass clean & repel was clear.
    They need to go back to the drawing board with their ceramic glass cleaner, I still like CarPro Clarify bestWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Since I am not a fan of stickers on cars, I decided to remove the big STX sticker on the truck. I polished it all up and topped it all off with CanCoat.

Next is black headlights, taillight, and black out the chrome emblem!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, Tasmania, DFB, opie and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave the FJ a 2B wash with Carpro Reset, used Bowden's Wheely Clean on the wheels. Dried it with a Gyeon twisted loop XL drying towel. I've had it for years and it's super absorbent, but it's size makes it awkward to use, but I did all the paint and glass without wringing it out. I use an old synthetic chamois for the lower trim, wheels and tyres. To finish off, I used some Ech2o on the glass to make sure it was spot and streak free.

I won't be the NV Lustre/ Jet combo on the lower panels just yet. The Collinite I applied a while back is holding up extremely well. I don't want to apply over the top of it, and I don't feel like removing it, so I'll wait till it's degraded. I'd prefer to apply from a fresh start this time.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB, Tasmania, SNP209, opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I gave the FJ a 2B wash with Carpro Reset, used Bowden's Wheely Clean on the wheels. Dried it with a Gyeon twisted loop XL drying towel. I've had it for years and it's super absorbent, but it's size makes it awkward to use, but I did all the paint and glass without wringing it out. I use an old synthetic chamois for the lower trim, wheels and tyres. To finish off, I used some Ech2o on the glass to make sure it was spot and streak free.

I won't be the NV Lustre/ Jet combo on the lower panels just yet. The Collinite I applied a while back is holding up extremely well. I don't want to apply over the top of it, and I don't feel like removing it, so I'll wait till it's degraded. I'd prefer to apply from a fresh start this time.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Nice day for it! And that handsome reflection.

11. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I must have missed that. Let’s get some details!

Shortly after Ford unveiled the S650, I put myself down on the waiting list at my Ford dealer back in September 2022, I'm the first on the list.

Post #204 -
    DFB's Garage

Order requests (colour/spec) were opened to Australian dealers in February, which allowed early customers to have a say in what Ford would be building. I wanted another GT Fastback, Race Red again, the Black Pack which involves black painted roof, rear vision mirrors, wheels and badges. I'm not keen on black wheels again, but I will probably change them anyway. I also requested Magneride, red brake calipers and I'm currently debating getting the Recaro seats, most people say don't bother. Going for the 10-speed automatic this time. I would love a Darkhorse, but I suspect a lot of people will be shocked when Ford Australia finally announce prices, it think it will be far too expensive.

Originally, it was expected to arrive late 2023. Since then, Ford have delayed production several times, apparently, they are chasing quality control. At this stage, Ford have announced no S650's for export markets will be manufactured in 2023. So, I won't be seeing this car until this time next year, nearly a two year wait for a Ford.

I have ruffled a lot of feathers with what I'm about to say, but Ford have a looooooong way to go when it comes to quality control. And what I mean by that is consistency. Poor panel alignment on the doors, trunk lid and hood are extremely variable.............. some are acceptable, some are abysmal. That on top of poor painting (mine has at least two dust nibs), cheap interior materials that don't align properly, slap happy underbody rust proofing that all export cars have....................

Is it not unreasonable to expect that Ford, a company that has been building cars for over 120 years, could figure out how to build a vehicle with correctly aligned body panels. If Mazda, a relatively small car company, can build a basic Mazda 3 better, let alone a CX-9 of similar price to a Mustang, then how can Ford get this so wrong. People tell me that "well, those cars don't have a V8 engine". The cylinder count has nothing to do with body construction. Price for price, its lazy of Ford to just slap these cars together and expect customers to accept it because "V8 muscle car".

I must state that I adore my Mustang. Fire up the engine and start shifting gears and all of the above is forgotten. It looks amazing, sounds amazing, makes me feel amazing. And I would not have written all of the above if I hadn't paid for one and lived with for over 6 years. I know what this car is, and what it is not. Horrendous build quality is just not acceptable in 2023, especially on a car that is no longer a cheap purchase.

13. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, JDGolden, PaulMys, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Since I am not a fan of stickers on cars, I decided to remove the big STX sticker on the truck. I polished it all up and topped it all off with CanCoat.

Next is black headlights, taillight, and black out the chrome emblem!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Looks way better imo. That sticker really highlighted how super short bed is

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

15. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was looking for stoners tarminator at the local wally world. Can not find it locally so far for some reason.
    Anyway, i had to refrain from stopping and talking to an older man who was hunched over reading a bottle of chemical guys detail spray, then butter wax. Wanted to offer up some product reccomendations/ see what he was after but as usual...decided against it lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

17. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 1039 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 3953993998910291030103110321033103410351036103710381039104010411042104310441045104610471048104910891139 ... LastLast