autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thanks for the info deyon. Do you dilute it per the bottles directions? Since you use descale and reset, curious what your dilutions are for both foam cannon and a bucket

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Firstly, I will outline that I don't use the two-bucket method. After rinsing, I apply soap to the car with my foam cannon, and then use a single bucket of water to rinse the wash mitt between sections. Only time I alter that method is when dealing with a dirtier vehicle, where I foam the car with soap from dry, leave to soak, rinse, reapply the soap and then do the contact wash. I mention this because I don't really have a "wash" or soap bucket, just a "rinse" bucket.

So, for Reset, I use about 80 - 100 ml in a foam cannon and add a small amount directly on my wash mitt. I know this is much stronger than Carpro's 1:500 ratio, but it works for me.

For Descale, Carpro recommends 1:10 and that's about what I use, adding about 90 - 100ml of soap to a foam cannon, again adding a small amount to my wash mitt.

I also have Carpro Lift, which I use as recommended at 1:10 / 100ml to a foam cannon.

2. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, opie, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Firstly, I will outline that I don't use the two-bucket method. After rinsing, I apply soap to the car with my foam cannon, and then use a single bucket of water to rinse the wash mitt between sections. Only time I alter that method is when dealing with a dirtier vehicle, where I foam the car with soap from dry, leave to soak, rinse, reapply the soap and then do the contact wash. I mention this because I don't really have a "wash" or soap bucket, just a "rinse" bucket.

So, for Reset, I use about 80 - 100 ml in a foam cannon and add a small amount directly on my wash mitt. I know this is much stronger than Carpro's 1:500 ratio, but it works for me.
    I no longer use a soap bucket with Reset either, I use an IK Foam Pro 12 and spray it on section by section. Feels very lubricated and soapy by foam sprayer. I do still use a small soap bucket for rinseless washes but that’s it. I don’t use a rinse bucket either since I just throw used towels in the dirty bucket.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

For Descale, Carpro recommends 1:10 and that's about what I use, adding about 90 - 100ml of soap to a foam cannon, again adding a small amount to my wash mitt.

I also have Carpro Lift, which I use as recommended at 1:10 / 100ml to a foam cannon.
    Thanks, and to each their own on wash methods. I just switched from a single mitt, to i mf towel per panel. I actually wish i would have done this years ago, as i really like this method. Use less water per bucket wash now, not that i strive for that.

I also as dgage mentioned, noticed reset really glides across the panel and feels so lubed lol. Waiting for another sale to buy a big jug.

6. Likes DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the past 2 days I gave my wife’s 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK some love. Not a lot because I know this car won’t be perfect so the goal was a big picture detailing, not perfection. I know some RIDS are left behind and more will come as my wife isn’t super careful. But it sure catches the eye now.

1 step polish with Rupes Yellow foam pads and Dr Beasley NSP95. Topped with Gyeon Mohs EVO. Both of those were a first for me and they were fine to use. No complaints about the polish, maybe the bottle could use a more traditional design but that’s just me being picky, super easy to use. Wipe off isn’t as dreamy as CarPro Essence but not needing a panel wipe is something that made me want to try it.

Mohs EVO is a quick coating to apply. And I mean quick. In the mid 80s and fairly humid, this thing was ready to be wiped off as soon as applied. Waiting to do a whole panel at a time led to difficult removal so it was small area of quick spread and quick removal. Thankfully my brother helped so it was me applying the coating and he removed right behind.

Windows were treated with Gyeon Quick View, also a first for me and application was a breeze, let’s see the performance now.

Trim coated with trusty CarPro Dlux.

Wife is happy. And I’m tired, this is a big vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bruno Soares

8. Likes PaulMys, MisterSnoop, opie, Uncbrs, DFB and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks GREAT Bruno!

A lot of painted surfaces on that Red beauty for sure............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post

Are you sure you arent to tired from playing hop scotch instead?? Haha

Color really pops, great work!

12. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, dwaleke, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Are you sure you arent to tired from playing hop scotch instead?? Haha

Color really pops, great work!

Haha. My niece did that yesterday. And as I drove over it I got chalk on the tires. Should have called her to clean it lol.
    Bruno Soares

14. Likes Jayfro, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

great job looks nice

16. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    In the past 2 days I gave my wife’s 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK some love. Not a lot because I know this car won’t be perfect so the goal was a big picture detailing, not perfection. I know some RIDS are left behind and more will come as my wife isn’t super careful. But it sure catches the eye now.

1 step polish with Rupes Yellow foam pads and Dr Beasley NSP95. Topped with Gyeon Mohs EVO. Both of those were a first for me and they were fine to use. No complaints about the polish, maybe the bottle could use a more traditional design but that’s just me being picky, super easy to use. Wipe off isn’t as dreamy as CarPro Essence but not needing a panel wipe is something that made me want to try it.

Mohs EVO is a quick coating to apply. And I mean quick. In the mid 80s and fairly humid, this thing was ready to be wiped off as soon as applied. Waiting to do a whole panel at a time led to difficult removal so it was small area of quick spread and quick removal. Thankfully my brother helped so it was me applying the coating and he removed right behind.

Windows were treated with Gyeon Quick View, also a first for me and application was a breeze, let’s see the performance now.

Trim coated with trusty CarPro Dlux.

Love that color!

Interest to hear your finding with Gyeon Quick View. I have been using it across a few vehicles, my Ranger has easily got 6+ months from it.

18. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I have my rinseless technique down now. Excluding wheel work, I was able to pre-rinse, wash, and dry the car in about 20 minutes. It has taken me at least a dozen or so attempts to nail this process down, but it's cake. And I like it.

20. Likes CleanIT, dgage, Uncbrs, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 894 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 394794844884885886887888889890891892893894895896897898899900901902903904944994 ... LastLast