autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So after a bad storm that blew through last night (3 tornado sirens) the EN was trashed! Then today came, 98 degrees and M U G G Y, so I decided after I put my daughter to bed I was going to wash the EN...I mean when I started @8 p.m. it had cooled down to 92What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to do a RW since I hadn't done one in a while, plus I just wanted to do a contact wash but wanted to get down a little quicker. Before that I cleaned the tires/wheels with a mix or Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner mixed w/ TWHS Hyper Foam Tire and Wheel cleaner in the smaller IK Foamer and it came out great!

I then mixed 3 oz of Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and .5 oz of Feynlab RW in a bucket with 3.5 gallons of water and an Adam's version of the BRS. I also half filled up a 2nd bucket to rinse the sponge properly. I certainly pre-treated all panels and went a section at a time, drying each panel as I moved along with a Gauntlet towel, came out What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I dried the jams, tires & wheels, vac'd out my floormat and Kendall's and finished by applying a cost of TWHS graphene spray tire dressing and now I'm done, took a little over an hour...time to hit the showerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Tomorrow it's going to be only 95 degrees, LOL

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    1 - I got one of these at Lowe's because of that

Now I can use the hose and pressure washer

3 - didn't use a rinse bucket?

4 - even with a hose, I fill the bucket most of the way, then add Hyperwash, then foam it up

Yeah, these are things I definitely didn't think of. I had connected the hose to the pressure washer first, so I didn't want to disconnect it to fill the bucket up most of the way, which would have been way better. I'll be getting a splitter like the one above as well with a smaller secondary hose. And some quick-connect fittings too.

Post Thanks / Like

Bike is back together. Front of engine is looking quite spiffy. Sanded/polished some sand damage to the front of the headers.

Before...

After:
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

5. Likes dgage, Big Dave, oneheadlite, JDGolden liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tested out Griot's 3 in one on a panel of my hunting rig. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_4073-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

OMG what a nightmare.

Wife's CX-5 was fixed up in January due to a fender bender. It occured to me today as I started around the vehicle that the car likely had zero protection on it, since the whole back end was repainted. You can't be putting protection on a repainted surface due to curing issues, correct? So I walked into 5 solid months of grime, bugs, and tar today when I decided it needed to be cleaned up. Sprayed the front bumper with bug & tar stuff, waited 5 mins...and nothing. Not even a dent. MF mitt wasn't even taking the grime off, so this ended up being a clay job more than a wash.

It's the stuff you see on YouTube...a couple of swipes of the clay bar and it was FILTHY. I hung my head in shame that I hadn't gotten around to it sooner.

After the car was cleaned I went over it with HCW (applied to a dry surface, of course) - 1000% better. I took pictures but they always come out like trash when I try uploading them on Tapatalk.

I'm thankful I got the claying out of the way today, because this thing is headed for a coating within a month. There's NO WAY I'm going through this again.

8. Likes dgage, Big Dave, PaulMys, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So this mid-week detail work involved restoring some faded and sun-bleached plastics that are part of a Jet Ski that a friend and customer asked to have brought back to life.

Here I used Polytrol Oil to bring them back. Polytrol is a penetrating oil that restores the original color and appearance of dull or tarnished plastics, gelcoats, metals and other surfaces. It works by penetrating the surface and reactivinging the pigments and thus the color and luster. What's nice about it is that it goes on clear and works with just about any color and again, even works on metals (think Jeeps and SUV Bumpers like the one shown here that I did last fall)

Once restored, wiped and fully dry, I applied some CarPro Dlux to help serve as a protective layer and lock in the restoration work. Here are the results on this trim work. Many Thanks, to Matt for the continued trust in my work.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    So this mid-week detail work involved restoring some faded and sun-bleached plastics that are part of a Jet Ski that a friend and customer asked to have brought back to life.

Here I used Polytrol Oil to bring them back. Polytrol is a penetrating oil that restores the original color and appearance of dull or tarnished plastics, gelcoats, metals and other surfaces. It works by penetrating the surface and reactivinging the pigments and thus the color and luster. What's nice about it is that it goes on clear and works with just about any color and again, even works on metals (think Jeeps and SUV Bumpers like the one shown here that I did last fall)

Once restored, wiped and fully dry, I applied some CarPro Dlux to help serve as a protective layer and lock in the restoration work. Here are the results on this trim work. Many Thanks, to Matt for the continued trust in my work.
    WOW! That is some impressive stuff! Great job!

12. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blew off this nasty thing after work. Looked like powdered sugar on the window trim lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Blew off this nasty thing after work. Looked like powdered sugar on the window trim lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Bloody hell

15. Likes opie, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that’s some dust!

Side note, my Jeep looks similar sometimes. But it’s kind of the same color as the dust.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

17. Likes opie, dgage liked this post
Page 868 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 368768818858859860861862863864865866867868869870871872873874875876877878918968 ... LastLast