autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It was actually on Saturday, but I washed and waxed my wife’s 2019 RAV4. I used Optimum Spray Wax, because I was in a hurry to beat the rain and she really need new protection lol.

The biggest reason for posting up was this was the first time the RAV4 had an engine bay cleaning. I ended up just using P&S Brake Buster and followed with Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing. I think it turned out great aside from the soft engine piece that sits on top of the engine. It’s some silly soft padded kind of material that won’t look as black as the other trim pieces.

2. Likes dgage, Big Dave, Uncbrs, PaulMys, MisterSnoop and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Custom made foot rest plate from Etsy seller, looks OEMWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Now I just hope the 3 large strips of 2 way tape hold it, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've got some other mods for it, 2 are here, the other one coming next month, stay "tuned" (non-perf mods)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Was there at least some rubber covering the deadpedal? In my old Mazda3 there was nothing but carpet, so I also bought a cheezy one from eBay in 2005.

It came with 2 very short screws, which went right into the styrofoam underneath LOL!!

EDIT - I do NOT understand why Mazda still to this day keeps the deadpedal uncovered.

MisterSnoop, is that still the case with your 3?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I've seen some people mention using a baby bottle warmer.
    Yeah hot water from the tap will do the job just don't squeeze the bottle after you might get some in your eye like i did. My eye was beading water for 6 months

5. Likes SNP209, dgage, DFB, vaca22, Big Dave and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife's car- Washed with Griot's Surface Wash-(foamed and mitts) clayed with Sonax grey clay and Nanoskin lube, 3D One w/ blue pads, waxed with Collinite 915. Dressed the rear air diffuser, tires, and splash guards with Nextzett Vinyl and Rubber Care.

7. Likes Jayfro, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You're probably only 30-40 miles from me. (As the crow flies across the Sound) And yeah, it usually starts to wind down about mid-June. This season is unbelievably bad though, so I guess we will see........... :/
    Seems like that still may track for this year. This is the first time my car has gone a few days since washing and still look clean.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally busted out the Karcher K1700 cube for the first time. That thing has been sitting in my trunk for 3 weeks. I was in a rush so I quickly unboxed it, plugged it in, and started spraying away. Cable management was a huge problem, I didn't have time to think about where to best set it up (this was at my parents' place, since I don't have easy access to a faucet or outlet where my car is parked).

I can really see the appeal of rigging up a setup that includes better hoses, guns, access to water, etc. That's a road I'll eventually travel down, but for now it was nice to finally get to use something other than a garden hose.

Some observations:

1 - It takes a long time to fill a bucket up when you're only using the wand.
    2 - It sprays stuff everywhere
    3 - It's harder to rinse off the wash mitt because I didn't just have the gun, but a longer wand. So picture me with my left hand holding the trigger next to my chest, and my right hand extended full outward holding the mitt.
    4 - HyperWash foams like the DICKENS when you put some in a bucket and fill it with pressurized water.
    5 - The stock hose is 20', which I thought was enough. Yeah, definitely not enough. I think the power cord was twice as long. Or at least it sure did feel like it!
    6 - I have 5 nozzles coming in today. The unit comes with a 15*, a "soap" nozzle, and a "turbo" nozzle. Meh.

11. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick disconnects and a swivel (at least on the gun) are essential upgrades in my opinion!

13. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    Finally busted out the Karcher K1700 cube for the first time. That thing has been sitting in my trunk for 3 weeks. I was in a rush so I quickly unboxed it, plugged it in, and started spraying away. Cable management was a huge problem, I didn't have time to think about where to best set it up (this was at my parents' place, since I don't have easy access to a faucet or outlet where my car is parked).

I can really see the appeal of rigging up a setup that includes better hoses, guns, access to water, etc. That's a road I'll eventually travel down, but for now it was nice to finally get to use something other than a garden hose.

Some observations:

1 - It takes a long time to fill a bucket up when you're only using the wand.
    2 - It sprays stuff everywhere
    3 - It's harder to rinse off the wash mitt because I didn't just have the gun, but a longer wand. So picture me with my left hand holding the trigger next to my chest, and my right hand extended full outward holding the mitt.
    4 - HyperWash foams like the DICKENS when you put some in a bucket and fill it with pressurized water.
    5 - The stock hose is 20', which I thought was enough. Yeah, definitely not enough. I think the power cord was twice as long. Or at least it sure did feel like it!
    6 - I have 5 nozzles coming in today. The unit comes with a 15*, a "soap" nozzle, and a "turbo" nozzle. Meh.
    1 - I got one of these at Lowe's because of that

Now I can use the hose and pressure washer

3 - didn't use a rinse bucket?

4 - even with a hose, I fill the bucket most of the way, then add Hyperwash, then foam it up

15. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just chillWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    Was there at least some rubber covering the deadpedal? In my old Mazda3 there was nothing but carpet, so I also bought a cheezy one from eBay in 2005.

It came with 2 very short screws, which went right into the styrofoam underneath LOL!!

EDIT - I do NOT underatand why Mazda still to this day keeps the deadpedal uncovered.

MisterSnoop, is that still the case with your 3?
    There is noneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 867 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 367767817857858859860861862863864865866867868869870871872873874875876877917967 ... LastLast