autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sorry guys but I'm excited for getting started to spring detailing. Just now they took care of the parking lot on the otherside of the house. Sure it's dusty afterwards but since my neighbour is a school and school busses and parents driving a lot outside where the cars is parked. And they use sand/gravel on the roads instead of roadsalt. The dust gets a lot on the cars for me. So this is helps a lot to keep them clean. And is a huge reason I'm so petty with my prewashes.

Friday today and I will load up the trailer with all of the garbage that's in the garage. We are sorting the garbage very much here in Sweden. So those garbage that don't smell like delivery boxes and metal and other junk. We pile up for a while and transport to a certain garbage station. Yeah I'm lazy as well What did you do today, in regards to detailing? So it piles up a little to much of it What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I have a plan at least now. If not my brother contact me first. And I will make a little trip to them. They want to learn how to maintance and polishing and detailing their cars. So I will give them a lot of products to start out with that I don't going to be useing. And his brother in law and one of his girlfriend sons and him as well. Want to learn to polishing so I take my arsenal of equipment and help them out. It's going to be fun to spend time with them. So if I can I will take care of the car my sister is going to get from me the Hyundai i30 SW. I won a ceramic coating kit that I will be useing on it. Pretty decent paint but my friend who I bought it from used a rotary polisher to polishing it so there are holograms. But that will clean up nice I think and hopefully a 1-step polish. Thinking on Carpro Essence Primer after taking care of some RIDS. The decon needs to be aggressive as there are some hard tar spots that has not desolved with my usually cold degreaser LOL.

Have an awesome weekend everyone What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, Big Dave, MisterSnoop, chilly and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s the nicest looking Hyundai I’ve ever seen.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Everything about it looks great. The red accent on the bottom and especially the wheels.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What’s the meaning behind your license plate trim?
    Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap – Motorcycle and sport car tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, Diamondback, Blue Ridge Parkway, and more.

I've been going every year since 2003. I drive The Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, Moonshiners, route 360, Devil's Triangle and various backroads my buddy Josh, who lives an hour south, has taken me on, including Northern GeorgiaWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Markymapo, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring time is when the trees start leaving dust and debris all over MY beautiful truck. Dusk is a perfect time for a rinseless wash with Wolfgang Uber and a Griots PFM drying towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

6. Likes Big Dave, dgage, Markymapo, SWETM, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It's funny, now that I've given it the full treatment, I start noticing just how dirty the windows get on a daily basis. So I broke out the Angelwax Vision, cleaned all the glass, then treated the windshield and from windows with Rain-X.

Also, just how much dust the black trim is picking up, but that's probably the Bumper & Trim Gel I used. The Mother's Ceramic Trim stuff didn't seem to collect as much dust, but also didn't look as good.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Try Cerakote ceramic trim coating. Still looks good after a year and seems to get less dusty.

8. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Sorry guys but I'm excited for getting started to spring detailing. Just now they took care of the parking lot on the otherside of the house. Sure it's dusty afterwards but since my neighbour is a school and school busses and parents driving a lot outside where the cars is parked. And they use sand/gravel on the roads instead of roadsalt. The dust gets a lot on the cars for me. So this is helps a lot to keep them clean. And is a huge reason I'm so petty with my prewashes.

Friday today and I will load up the trailer with all of the garbage that's in the garage. We are sorting the garbage very much here in Sweden. So those garbage that don't smell like delivery boxes and metal and other junk. We pile up for a while and transport to a certain garbage station. Yeah I'm lazy as well What did you do today, in regards to detailing? So it piles up a little to much of it What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I have a plan at least now. If not my brother contact me first. And I will make a little trip to them. They want to learn how to maintance and polishing and detailing their cars. So I will give them a lot of products to start out with that I don't going to be useing. And his brother in law and one of his girlfriend sons and him as well. Want to learn to polishing so I take my arsenal of equipment and help them out. It's going to be fun to spend time with them. So if I can I will take care of the car my sister is going to get from me the Hyundai i30 SW. I won a ceramic coating kit that I will be useing on it. Pretty decent paint but my friend who I bought it from used a rotary polisher to polishing it so there are holograms. But that will clean up nice I think and hopefully a 1-step polish. Thinking on Carpro Essence Primer after taking care of some RIDS. The decon needs to be aggressive as there are some hard tar spots that has not desolved with my usually cold degreaser LOL.

Have an awesome weekend everyone What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Is that your house/farm? Beautiful.

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Try Cerakote ceramic trim coating. Still looks good after a year and seems to get less dusty.

I'll add it to my wish list. I did notice after last night's rain, the dust is gone and the trim still looks good. So the dust washed off but the product didn't. I'll have to check and see if the initial dust attraction is gone after the first rain.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Tasmania, SWETM, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to try out some new stuff today, on the Qashqai.

Used my new foam lance with Carpro Lift

Cleaned the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, as the foam didn't remove anything from the wheels

Then rinsed and hand washed with Carpro Reset

Moved it back into the garage, where the neighbour's cat Midnight, came in to inspect my work, he left unimpressed, but when are cats ever impressed with anything we do. Then dried it with my new Concours Supercell twisted loop drying towel. Very impressed with that, reminds me of the Gyeon dry towel I've had for a few years now.

14. Likes Tasmania, SWETM, SNP209, DFB, Bosko and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Dave!

16. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Is that your house/farm? Beautiful.

It's taken from the house I live in. It's the puplic school from 1-6 grade you see. The sweepers is from easy explained the local state. We are a small little community with only 30k living in it. The city area is around 10k. So a lot of smaller villages around it. And the southern boarder is to the baltic sea.
    When I got out from school I worked with a setup like the farmer tractor. And had a lot of equipment to be doing different things with it. It was a private company that worked for the state owned buildings. So I spended my days a couple of years in tractors and bigger lawnmowers. I grew up and worked a lot on my uncles little farm. When he got injured I took care of it by my self from 13 years old. Before I got injured my self I worked at a sawmill and a huge lumber truck that feeded the sawmill with loggs.

This is the lumber truck I worked on before my injuries. You can see how big it is with the door on the right into the lunch room. 53ton in kg was it's weight empty. Around 10 gallons every hour of diesel it took What did you do today, in regards to detailing? No good gas milage there LOL.

It was a mess to PW cleaning this beast. Fully covered in rain clothes as I needed to be crawling in under it. The dust from the loggs was getting up in pockets around it and in the engine room. If not washed and it happened a couple of times every summer. The dust took fire and I saw in the rear mirrors the smoke was coming. Drive directly to a firepost and took out the fire and keept working after that. Then it where the rain clothes on and start PW after the work day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I have a shop nearby and I often see a bunch of sporty cars heading towards it. I've never driven the Dragon because I would just get pissed off having to go slow. I see curves and my right foot wants to go faster.
    Plenty of other roads to ride/drive around TN, NC, and SC. Used to ride my old R6 and R1 around a lot there when I lived in Greenville SC. The Dragon is fun and all, but usually more people on it than desired.

19. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 819 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 319719769809810811812813814815816817818819820821822823824825826827828829869919 ... LastLast