autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Nice. One i woulda got if it was out when i got my adams. I got for really cheap though and it’s actually really nice. Just like the wheel stops better on tge Griot’s
    Cell phone pocket was smart.

Other than that the both seem really similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Bosko thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Full N modelWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Congrats. This car suits you. I know your thinking mods…. Any plans yet?

4. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it wasn't going to take someone long to figure it out...yes I did!

As soon as the weather breaks I'll do a full write up, story of how it came to be and picsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I've been laughing at the exhaust system everyday, well when I've got it in N mode anywaysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wow!

Kudos man!

Pics pics pics!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First up, congrats to Klasse for the new ride, can't wait to see the pics, I'm betting you're more eager to get it down to your favourite piece of tarmac though.

No work done on the FJ, still raining every day at the moment, but the Qashqai needed some minimal attention after having school pick up duty a few days this week. Cleaned 3 doors with NV Boost.

Has anyone managed to successfully get family members to stop using greasy fingers straight on the door to close it, I keep telling them to push on the textured window frame, and yet the finger prints keep appearing. First world problem, I know.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

7. Likes Bosko, DFB, Klasse Act, MisterSnoop, opie and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Has anyone managed to successfully get family members to stop using greasy fingers straight on the door to close it, I keep telling them to push on the textured window frame, and yet the finger prints keep appearing.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    When you park somewhere, keep the doors locked and tell them..."hey guys rememeber when you get out to shut the door by pushing on the window frame".

Its like with anything....repitition is key. Before ya know it they will be reminding you to do it lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. Likes chilly, Big Dave, Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mtm foam cannon with TW Pure Slick&Slide. On the tires and wheels I used Meguiars Ultimate wheel cleaner along with Speedmaster short wheel brush. For the wheel face and tire I used Mother's red brushes. To dry, I applied Adam's Ceramic Boost. Not to bad a condition for a 2006

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

11. Likes Bosko, chilly, dgage, Big Dave, opie and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's plan went not at all as planned. But I've bought way too many things all winter so it all worked out in the end:

Plan was to try out Bilt Hamber Touch-less, and then do a simple follow-up with TAC System Shinee Wax. As I was getting everything ready I opened up my TAC wax and it reeked of rotten eggs. I let it air out some and checked again, checked 3 or 4 more times. Still rank. If I hadn't known exactly where the smell was coming from, I may have left my house and called 911. It was THAT bad. Luckily, it was just a few weeks old and the customer service from where I bought it was as concerned and as accommodating. I'll have a new bottle in a week or so.

So I planned to skip the Shinee and use my next new product Nextzett Perfect Shine. I already had TWHS Graphene Paste Wax on the car so no big deal to change it up and toss on a topper as we push through the last 2 months or so of possible snow. Nextzett is compatible with everything it seems.

After using the BH Touch-less and then some Auto Fanatic snow foam though, I'd say my water beading was gone and the surface felt like the protection was gone. Change-up #2! I dug into my winter stash of purchases and used a cleaner Soft99 Wax to see if it would fill-in some extremely hard to find scratches from the winter. TBD on that until I can get it back to the right lighting to see but either way, the car turned out great! I still went over it with Nextzett Perfect Shine but overall, very happy and should be OK until the big summer clean-up in May(ish).

BH Touch-less: Probably my fault if it stripped and I don't care to be honest. I enjoy trying out all my new products. The product itself is great. It was even forgiving in the sun and that is needed in Colorado. Impossible to get away from sunshine here - even when it snows. I used about 140ml on 3600ml and in a foam sprayer. It also may be my fault for going around the car twice instead of saving some for tomorrow's vehicle. I'm definitely happy I finally took the plunge with BH.

I also opened up my Opti-Clean tire gel & P&S Brake Buster. The brake buster was great - got some brown on what was probably a pretty clean wheel/tire by many standards. TBD on the tire gel but as of right now it is just another tire gel. That said, it did not take two coats to get to a pretty shiny surface. Based on reviews and my limited driving on this car, it'll likely last awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    When you park somewhere, keep the doors locked and tell them..."hey guys rememeber when you get out to shut the door by pushing on the window frame".

Its like with anything....repitition is key. Before ya know it they will be reminding you to do it lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what I do when closing the doors. Usually the moldings right below the window.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Took my g/f's Cruze through a great touch-free wash but it was so dirty that it didn't get completely clean so I did a DG WW to the entire car. I also applied a coat of 303 Tire Balm to the tires and used Alien What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen on the rims. I've gotta say the mf towel DRAGGED across the paint, this car needs a massive detailWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes Buster906, crg001, Uncbrs, dgage, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took my g/f's Cruze through a great touch-free wash but it was so dirty that it didn't get completely clean so I did a DG WW to the entire car. I also applied a coat of 303 Tire Balm to the tires and used Alien What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen on the rims. I've gotta say the mf towel DRAGGED across the paint, this car needs a massive detailWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think I speak for everyone though when I say we are all waiting on your new reveal. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

17. Likes RegalOne, Klasse Act, chilly, Jayfro, DFB liked this post
Page 790 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 290690740780781782783784785786787788789790791792793794795796797798799800840890 ... LastLast