autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    That covers the vertical need...I feel like I would need one horizontally too. I'm sure my neighbors already laugh but this might put them over the top to see me balancing two "Sheelds" and spraying. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I just can't stop picturing this to clean tires:

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    Maybe cardboard bent in wheel well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah I've noticed that but usually the protectant covers it upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Have you tried the adam’s graphene spray coating on them yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Maybe cardboard bent in wheel well?

Yeah. Definitely options. To be fair, I'm also thinking more along the lines of wanting to get some Sonus Motorkote behind the tire/wheel too vs tire cleaning or spray. I set out to do it and decided in Spring it'll just be easier to remove the wheels and go for it.

For any tire needs I'm usually good with an applicator alone.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not even the rain could stop me from escaping the world and indulging in some distractive detailing today.

Firstly, I could not stand it any longer, the rear screen of the Mustang just HAD to be cleaned. There are some tasks that even I detest. The interior of the rear screen is a pig to clean so I tend to do it once it really needs to be done. But first, I had to fold myself into the back seat..............

The foggy haze meant that I needed the sledge hammer today..........

Angelwax Vision is a nasty smelling chemical that is very good at clearing grotty screens. I actually had to do it a few times, and then followed up with True Vue and a separate set of towels to avoid re-introducing the grime back onto the glass. I also hate doing this job in summer, being squashed in the back seat and scrubbing away at the glass in an awkward position always has me in a sweat.

Onto the wash, CarPro Reset was the choice today.......

I also attended to the exhaust tips today with P21S Polishing soap, followed by a spritz of Wet Coat.

After polishing and a wipe over with some NV Boost.........

Today's drying aid was P&S Dream Maker..........

I'm not entirely sure I love this stuff, today I wanted to give it another try. I refrained from spraying Dream Maker directly onto the paint. Instead, I sprayed a liberal amount into the towel, wiped then followed up with a second towel. This method seems to suit Dream Maker better, although I have found it to be fickle with certain paints. The Mustang certainly looked and felt amazing afterwards though.

On a roll, and already damp, I went ahead and gave the Ranger an "express" wash................in the rain as well, much to the amusement of my cleaner.

The Ranger is by the car I wash the most, due to necessity, and the Mustang is the car I love to detail the most. It rained basically all day, and only stopped once I packed up and finished, the way of the world. Either way, I have two clean cars again.

6. Likes chilly, Big Dave, dgage, Uncbrs, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a "production job" (1.5 hrs) on a friend's Durango. Meantime our wives played a piano my wife purchased at a store next to a car show we were attending.

I ran the "Finisher" with a Chemical Guys green hex logic pad, spreading BF One Step. My friend was in charge of buffing.

Vehicle has really nice paint from the factory. He purchased it from Carmax 3 years ago. Being their 7th vehicle, it has lead a sheltered life until recently being promoted to daily driver.

I'll apply a top coat of BF Si02 next time they visit.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-durango-jpg

8. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Uncbrs, Wknd Dtlr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Do you like high gloss on white?

Aye.

10. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, DFB, BudgetPlan1, Uncbrs, Klasse Act and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I stripped 3 in 1 off my car (already). Nothing wrong with it but hydrophobics we’re just so so. I also wasn’t happy with how streaky GCSS was. It's not that great to work with. However, in defense of CSS, it could be the temperature I used it in although the Gyeon worked much better at same temp. Strip down took two applications to remove 3 in 1. It’s quite durable stuff.

Someone from Gyeon recommended using Wet Coat as the base followed up with their Ceramic Detailer. I gave it a shot and really liked it.

I like using Reset and have been using it for the last few months. My favorite soap by far. Once the car is washed, I hit it with Wet Coat and either air dry or using Ceramic Detailer as a drying aide. Ceramic Detailer is fantastic to work with.

12. Likes Klasse Act, dgage, Big Dave, opie, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took the new High Country to a Buddy's shop this morning and had them put Xpel film on the front bumper, front of the hood and front edges of fenders.
    First vehicle I ever did this to.
    I may need some tips.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220301_103518-jpg   What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220301_103522-jpg   What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220301_115350-jpg   What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220301_115421-jpg   What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220301_115440-jpg   What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220301_115333-jpg  

14. Likes Big Dave, dgage, CleanIT, Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only problem with doing the front of the hood is there's now a line whereas the whole hood is no lineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

As far as care goes most modern products work just fine with PPF. Your caring for this new ride from the ground floorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    So I stripped 3 in 1 off my car (already). Nothing wrong with it but hydrophobics we’re just so so. I also wasn’t happy with how streaky GCSS was. It's not that great to work with. However, in defense of CSS, it could be the temperature I used it in although the Gyeon worked much better at same temp. Strip down took two applications to remove 3 in 1. It’s quite durable stuff.

Someone from Gyeon recommended using Wet Coat as the base followed up with their Ceramic Detailer. I gave it a shot and really liked it.

I like using Reset and have been using it for the last few months. My favorite soap by far. Once the car is washed, I hit it with Wet Coat and either air dry or using Ceramic Detailer as a drying aide. Ceramic Detailer is fantastic to work with.

Your experience with Griot’s Ceramic Speed Shine is completely opposite of mine. I used it today for the first time. Used it as a drying aid and again an hour later to touch up some water runs. Had great results in 45°F weather with no streaking. Perhaps the bottle needs to be shaken or you used too much?

I also plan to put on Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1 after stripping my failed Meg’s HCW off. Speaking of stripping, what did you use to take off the 3-in-1?

Page 768 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 268668718758759760761762763764765766767768769770771772773774775776777778818868 ... LastLast