autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by WarrThox View Post
    May I ask what mini compressor you used? Or was any type of portable 12v electric compressor without a storage tank?

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
    It's a mini one I got off of Amazon, about the size of small walkie talkie.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Thanks WarrThox thanked for this post
    Likes WarrThox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First bath of the season - did a rinseless wash and tried the Wolfgang rinseless wash with SiO2 and topped it with some Blackfire Carnauba spray wax.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Likes CleanIT, Jayfro, Bosko, Big Dave, Uncbrs and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

McK’s 37 has been a detail-changing experience for me. Out of the several WW/RW products I’ve used, its now the only one I prefer to clean with.

I found myself always going over the car with a detail spray or topper after using ONR, WG Uber (pink & blue), CarPro EcH2O. I like the selections available, but one product will eventually end up being the “go to choice”. This is true with most things in life that I have multiples of.

It brings back all the gloss and reflection that was masked by road film and sea salt spray (equal to actually washing the car, and maybe better).

6. Likes Bosko, The Guz, Big Dave, Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah i was disappointed at first too as it didn’t clean tuff grime like alot claimed. Once I I started using neat instead of a foamer and looking at it as a maintenance cleanerof I liked it for wheels. It’s inexpensive and cleans maintained wheels well, agreed on tires.

It cleans light dirt on them but when real dirty just doesn’t cut through.

Same experience here where i got tires getting white clean foam and then i clean with 303 T&Rxand boom! Brown again.

I still like it for wheels as the never get REAL crusty so it works well before I use my soapy brushes. Only wheel cleaner I really use now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So pretty much spot on results between us

Both my rigs put out amazingly little brake dust so that's not generally an issue

The red dirt here just absolutely kills tire treatments I have tried and consequently stains the tires, especially if there is enough water to turn it into essentially a dye

Anyone who has ever come to Hawaii and been in a tourist shop has seen the "RED DIRT T SHIRTS"; locally produced T shirts dyed with powdered red dirt sourced locally

It WILL NOT wash out of clothes and even getting it off solid and semi solid surfaces is challenging

The center caps from my wheels have a ghosting or red dirt in the crevices that is permanent, despite my best efforts

Not bad enough to replace but it bugs the crap out of me when the rest of the wheel looks good

I try to stay on top of things because I am afraid that using the Dawn Powerwash too often could lead to stripping the good stuff out of the tires, gaskets, etc

Ditto with stuff like Superclean, Simple Green, etc

Plus those particular cleaners scare the hell out of me when they contact metal and plastic

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    We have that red dirt on mostly farming land around the state and my neighbour was working at a farm for over 10 year's and that dirt can stain,rust surfaces high in iron content i use a orange citrus based cleaner but his car is too far gone in places.

You could try maybe a fallout remover?
    I had actually never considered a fallout remover but guess what I will try next wash?

Actually I think I will pressure wash and foam and then try fallout remover on a single panel and see if I get a reaction, and clay after and then a quick light polish and then some spray sealant

Then a few days later when I know it's deconned and I see it covered in red dirt I will hit the red dirt with fallout remover and see what kind of reaction I get

It has to be iron rich just because of the color

I will try the fallout remover on an inconspicuous place on my tonneau cover because it's roll up vinyl and it might not like

Jeeze, college was 45 years ago and I STILL got homework and labs in chemistry

You guys suck...

10. Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I had actually never considered a fallout remover but guess what I will try next wash?

Actually I think I will pressure wash and foam and then try fallout remover on a single panel and see if I get a reaction, and clay after and then a quick light polish and then some spray sealant

Then a few days later when I know it's deconned and I see it covered in red dirt I will hit the red dirt with fallout remover and see what kind of reaction I get

It has to be iron rich just because of the color

I will try the fallout remover on an inconspicuous place on my tonneau cover because it's roll up vinyl and it might not like

Jeeze, college was 45 years ago and I STILL got homework and labs in chemistry

You guys suck...
    I’m from Hawaii and yep that red in the dirt comes from ‘iron oxide’(rust), the volcanic rock/soil can be very high in iron which then oxidizes and creates that red soil that can stain almost anything.

But living on a rock in the middle of the salty ocean the red dirt is the least of your worries! Anything metal will start to degrade in front of your eyes, I’ve had well maintained cars paint start to bubble from rust within 10 years. The price you pay for living in paradise. If you’d like it to survive buy something made of aluminum and fiberglass.

12. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    I’m from Hawaii and yep that red in the dirt comes from ‘iron oxide’(rust), the volcanic rock/soil can be very high in iron which then oxidizes and creates that red soil that can stain almost anything.

But living on a rock in the middle of the salty ocean the red dirt is the least of your worries! Anything metal will start to degrade in front of your eyes, I’ve had well maintained cars paint start to bubble from rust within 10 years. The price you pay for living in paradise. If you’d like it to survive buy something made of aluminum and fiberglass.
    When we owned a beachfront condo just above high water level we watched brand new stainless appliances develop rust spots unless we kept them cleaned and coated with Pledge orange oil

Electronics didn’t stand a chance

My Tacoma lived there without cover for the first year of its life

We live way upcountry now and it’s dry and salt free

Stuff lasts much much longer up here plus both vehicles are garaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I did in regards to preparation for detailing.

Hung the Master Blaster Revolution on the wall.
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

16. Likes chilly, Bosko, Klasse Act, Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather was warm enough to do something even though cold rain and snow is coming....AGAIN!
    Thought I would try out Griot's 3 in 1 leather spray...cleans/conditions and provides UV protection...says it right on the bottle..Well I'll...be...dipped...
    Going to see if this gives me hydrophobics until the end of March

18. Likes dgage, chilly, Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a TW WW question, does it have a cure time before you should expose it to water?

The TW website doesn't address that

I figured out today that I am having much better results applying WW with a damp microfiber applicator spritzed with 2 shots of WW and then applied and buffed off exactly like I do Megs HCW

I have a door with fresh OCW and one done this way with WW and I wanted to spritz some DI water and compare the results

Page 763 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 263663713753754755756757758759760761762763764765766767768769770771772773813863 ... LastLast