autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    You're giving me even more reasons to get that BH...but now that I've used the TWHS once I'll probably cycle and support!

I have WG Fuzion from the Christmas sales to try and I have a feeling I won't make it to Summer before buying at least Rapidwaxx and maybe the Carnuaba Arts offerings from PA.

I also have a few Soft99 tubs on the way. The wife hasn't killed me yet because she gets a nice clean car out of it too.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    These are absolutely the best pre wash soaps I've ever used and by the way they have a great contact wash just called auto wash that is also equally incredible, ranks right up there with reset, seriouslyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Uncbrs, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Yup, it will take that stuff off right now

It’s the only thing that will get the red dirt out of my tonneau cover

Lots of uses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have that red dirt on mostly farming land around the state and my neighbour was working at a farm for over 10 year's and that dirt can stain,rust surfaces high in iron content i use a orange citrus based cleaner but his car is too far gone in places.

You could try maybe a fallout remover?

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So today was the day for the ES to get washed and it was 34 degrees @9 a.m.! It was also THEE day to try out my brand new IK Foam Pro 12 foamer with mini air compressor "hack"...let's goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I get to the quarter wash and pull off to the side and start with TWHS Hyper Foam Tire & Wheel cleaner, this product continues to impress me on VERY dirty tires and wheels (it's also available in a gallon size). Once I was done with all 4 it was time for the pre-wash What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The IK was filled with 4 oz of Bilt-Hamber Touchless and 1.5 gallons of distilled water. While I was cleaning the tires & wheels I attached the mini air compressor and set it to 60 psi, so it was done before I was doneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I turn the mini air compressor back on and start to foam the ES and it did a great job and it maintained the psi needed to go all around the ES, included the tires and wheels again, the wheelwells and under the car a little bit too. I emptied the entire contents of the IK, yeah I got a little carried away BUT the car was a messWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was to pull it in the wash bay and rinse everything away and pull it out. Now I will say with the ratio I had in the IK the Bilt-Hamber Touchless got everything clean except the very most bottom of the ES, remember this is a pre-wash with me guessing the ratio but that's ok because I planned on doing a WW at home afterwards anywaysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Upon getting home there was NO DOUBT a contact wash was needed because the water dried on the paint and came out of everywhere, plus I felt like there was "maybe" a film because I didn't rinse it enough, here's where flooding the car can be betterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I get home and grab 6 plush, edgeless "Jack" towels and my 1000 ML Kwazer filled w/ N914, along with a Gauntlet towel and knock out the WW. This was easy since 95% of the ES was clean, the dirt came from those very bottom panels and under them. I wiped down the jams and even my d/s WeatherTech Liner so it was perfect once againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next were the tires and wheels to even them out and the N914 took care of that, even sprayed some up in the wheelwells too. Now that they were clean I added some TWHS graphene spray tire dressing to the Blizzaks and wiped down the wheel faces with Adam's CS3 grapheneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished the car by wiping it down with a coat of Adam's CS3 graphene, everything came out great, that stuff just worksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I decided on these 2 graphene infused products because there's been talk of doubt about graphene in another thread, so I thought I'd grab them, thank you guysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Catching up on this home fabrication bit...So I'm curious what amount you think you'd need to get your whole car foamed if you wanted that result? I found and bought an Amazon option that is operated on a rechargeable battery. It's the lazy man's version of your home fabrication sprayer. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

At 1.8l it got me foam to cover the bottom half of the car + tires. I was pleasantly surprised with the output on the whole thing but would have loved if it could have covered the whole car. Of course I'm wondering if it was a rookie mistake or if it's just wishful thinking and 5l would be more appropriate for a full pre-wash.

P.S. CS3 is the one of the few products from Adam's I have cared for up to now. They're about 10mins from me but it seems their real focus is limited edition bottles and I don't need that kind of habit in my life... What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catching up on this home fabrication bit...So I'm curious what amount you think you'd need to get your whole car foamed if you wanted that result? I found and bought an Amazon option that is operated on a rechargeable battery. It's the lazy man's version of your home fabrication sprayer. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

At 1.8l it got me foam to cover the bottom half of the car + tires. I was pleasantly surprised with the output on the whole thing but would have loved if it could have covered the whole car. Of course I'm wondering if it was a rookie mistake or if it's just wishful thinking and 5l would be more appropriate for a full pre-wash.

P.S. CS3 is the one of the few products from Adam's I have cared for up to now. They're about 10mins from me but it seems their real focus is limited edition bottles and I don't need that kind of habit in my life... What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think I can cover the car using 3/4 of a gallon, that's strictly the car and not the tires/wheels/wells and even though I already cleaned the tires and wheels, what's wrong with more, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah the Adam's graphene line has been very good to use, my buddy in our group of friends is a cult member in Adam's, he's got it really badWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I can cover the car using 3/4 of a gallon, that's strictly the car and not the tires/wheels/wells and even though I already cleaned the tires and wheels, what's wrong with more, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah the Adam's graphene line has been very good to use, my buddy in our group of friends is a cult member in Adam's, he's got it really badWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I was kind of thinking that just one more bottle at 1.8l would've been just right. Good to know my calculation likely isn't too far off.

This was using the Polar Blast from Autoglym by the way. Nice product there but sounds like it'll be less than that of BH. Perfect for my situation though (garaged/limited driving).

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like Wet WaxWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

LOVE IT! Been using it since it came out. Have several bottles on standby.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

11. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    It was grunt work day

Tires and wheel arches

It ended up turning into mad scientist hour searching for something to deep clean the arches

Dawn Powerwash was the clear winner to get red dirt and road grime that Superclean didn’t begin to touch

Tire finally clean using the Dawn Power Wash as well

Brake Buster 3 times gave me clean sudsy foam so you would think the tire was clean

I rinsed it off and hit it with the Dawn just to see and it was gray/brown guck again but just one round of Dawn got it clean

In my world and my conditions Brake Buster is a joke, regardless of strength or application process

It’s only value to me is cleaning very lightly dusty wheels and diluted car soap is just as good

YMMV

First coat of CG VRP (don’t judge me, I’m working on using it up)

Lessons learned

1. I still hate Brake Buster
    2. Dawn Powerwash outcleans Super Clean every day of the week on anything I have tried it on
    3. CG VRP is a PITA
    4. I hate tires and arches almost as much as glass

Have a nice weekend

Yeah i was disappointed at first too as it didn’t clean tuff grime like alot claimed. Once I I started using neat instead of a foamer and looking at it as a maintenance cleanerof I liked it for wheels. It’s inexpensive and cleans maintained wheels well, agreed on tires.

It cleans light dirt on them but when real dirty just doesn’t cut through.

Same experience here where i got tires getting white clean foam and then i clean with 303 T&Rxand boom! Brown again.

I still like it for wheels as the never get REAL crusty so it works well before I use my soapy brushes. Only wheel cleaner I really use now.

13. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are absolutely the best pre wash soaps I've ever used and by the way they have a great contact wash just called auto wash that is also equally incredible, ranks right up there with reset, seriouslyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You went pretty light on the BH. Thorough science behind the BH and there recommendation of 4% panel impact ratio, percentage of soap in liquid once contacting the paint.

That’s why its so hard to figure out in foam cannon/gun. You have to figure out how much solution in cannister is mixing with water flowing through.

The IK takes the guess work out as the solution in the IK is mixed in the canister and doesn’t mix with water coming out.

To get 4% just mix 4oz BH product with 100oz water. I measure out 150oz and add 6oz of BH.

Increasing the mixture will take care of those lower rockers.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was the foamer your mentioning the SPTA? Been thinking of it for Frothe. Pics of the foam ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So today was the day for the ES to get washed and it was 34 degrees @9 a.m.! It was also THEE day to try out my brand new IK Foam Pro 12 foamer with mini air compressor "hack"...let's goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I get to the quarter wash and pull off to the side and start with TWHS Hyper Foam Tire & Wheel cleaner, this product continues to impress me on VERY dirty tires and wheels (it's also available in a gallon size). Once I was done with all 4 it was time for the pre-wash What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The IK was filled with 4 oz of Bilt-Hamber Touchless and 1.5 gallons of distilled water. While I was cleaning the tires & wheels I attached the mini air compressor and set it to 60 psi, so it was done before I was doneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I turn the mini air compressor back on and start to foam the ES and it did a great job and it maintained the psi needed to go all around the ES, included the tires and wheels again, the wheelwells and under the car a little bit too. I emptied the entire contents of the IK, yeah I got a little carried away BUT the car was a messWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was to pull it in the wash bay and rinse everything away and pull it out. Now I will say with the ratio I had in the IK the Bilt-Hamber Touchless got everything clean except the very most bottom of the ES, remember this is a pre-wash with me guessing the ratio but that's ok because I planned on doing a WW at home afterwards anywaysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Upon getting home there was NO DOUBT a contact wash was needed because the water dried on the paint and came out of everywhere, plus I felt like there was "maybe" a film because I didn't rinse it enough, here's where flooding the car can be betterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I get home and grab 6 plush, edgeless "Jack" towels and my 1000 ML Kwazer filled w/ N914, along with a Gauntlet towel and knock out the WW. This was easy since 95% of the ES was clean, the dirt came from those very bottom panels and under them. I wiped down the jams and even my d/s WeatherTech Liner so it was perfect once againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next were the tires and wheels to even them out and the N914 took care of that, even sprayed some up in the wheelwells too. Now that they were clean I added some TWHS graphene spray tire dressing to the Blizzaks and wiped down the wheel faces with Adam's CS3 grapheneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished the car by wiping it down with a coat of Adam's CS3 graphene, everything came out great, that stuff just worksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I decided on these 2 graphene infused products because there's been talk of doubt about graphene in another thread, so I thought I'd grab them, thank you guysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

May I ask what mini compressor you used? Or was any type of portable 12v electric compressor without a storage tank?

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
    2019 Durango R/T
    1999 Camaro Z28

Page 762 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 262662712752753754755756757758759760761762763764765766767768769770771772812862 ... LastLast