autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    N914 RW and Griot's ceramic speed shine on both cars. Also DG253 on the tires after I removed a spider that decided to make one wheel its home after cleaning them last night. Wasn't sure how 253 would work on a spider
    I think those wheels look amazing, are they black or is there kind of a dark bronze thing going on?

That level of tire shine is what I have been looking for

I will be checking out DG253

Cheers

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Yesterday morning I washed the SS. I had great weather, low 60’s, cloudy and little wind. I used a competitor’s graphene detail spray as a drying aid. BFM! It left spots and streaks all over the paint. I tried going over the spots and streaks with that graphene detail spray, no effect with out adding pressure. Fast forward to this sunny Sunday morning and what do I see as we walk back to the SS after church? Yup, you guessed it, marring from the wiping.

After lunch (Maxwell Street Polish on the grill) out to the garage I went. ONR wipe down followed by clay barring then a light polish removed all of the marring and probably did a number on the paint coating. Down to the basement to look over my options… OptiSeal it is. I forgot how easy this stuff is to use! It will have to do until I order a paint coating.

I’d post pics but you all know what my SS looks like. Plus the forum, forum app and Tapatalk will still not upload my pics. I get “upload of file failed” from Autogeek forum and app. Tapatalk warns me “one or more of the images selected were failed to upload” (sic). Different devices, same issue.

Said graphene detail spray is now in the bin, per MCM Marty’s instruction.
    Was this the Adam’s if so you are able to talk about other competitors products just no threads for them or links.

ACtually benefits AG if you were not a fan. I read alot of mixed reviews from ones like yours to people saying it’s best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I think those wheels look amazing, are they black or is there kind of a dark bronze thing going on?

That level of tire shine is what I have been looking for

I will be checking out DG253

Cheers

Michael
    Thanks. They're gloss black. It was an evening photo so I think that was just the lighting. The DG253 was probably not fully dried yet so it may have looked glossier in the photo. Here's what it looks like this morning.

4. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. They're gloss black. It was an evening photo so I think that was just the lighting. The DG253 was probably not fully dried yet so it may have looked glossier in the photo. Here's what it looks like this morning.
    The tires look great. I have used 303 for years, mostly for the UV protection. It was an RV thing that bled over to cars. It works but not much to look at. I found CG VRP locally and it’s TOO much, even knocked down with a towel plus I find it’s streaky. I’ll give the DG a try.

What is your application method?

Thanks

Michael

Last edited by chilly; 08-16-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask something

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Car Pro Tire Swipe Applicator. I do 1 spray at a time along the length of the applicator, then spread it on the tire. 1-2 sprays per tire. A number of folks spray it onto a flag tipped brush and then apply it. You should be able to do a search on that and find posts.

7. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Was this the Adam’s if so you are able to talk about other competitors products just no threads for them or links.

Actually benefits AG if you were not a fan. I read alot of mixed reviews from ones like yours to people saying it’s best ever.
    It is Adam’s. I’ve been using their products for 12 years. This is the first one I’ve not only been disappointed with but would also recommend not purchasing it. Oh well, as I said it rekindled my love for OptiSeal. I guess I was a little too rambunctious with my whittling down the inventory this spring. The only protection I have left in the basement is OptiSeal, McKee’s original paint coating (not sure if it’s still good!) and three year old CarPro Reload.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

It is Adam’s. I’ve been using their products for 12 years. This is the first one I’ve not only been disappointed with but would also recommend not purchasing it. Oh well, as I said it rekindled my love for OptiSeal. I guess I was a little too rambunctious with my whittling down the inventory this spring. The only protection I have left in the basement is OptiSeal, McKee’s original paint coating (not sure if it’s still good!) and three year old CarPro Reload.
    Yeah u am struggling not to buy anymore LSP’s and thin the herd

. I have Opti Coat (Optimum) Hyper Seal, Megs M799 and about $200 in Polish Angel in a basket that I have to justify NOT buying.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually saw that thread the other day but thanks for the link. I have a similar flagged to wheel brush and it would be just about right for the Tacoma but it would be dragging on the ground and in the tread on my Lexus. I am using this boars hair basting brush that mysteriously disappeared from the kitchen. I like it because I can paint a line of dressing at the junction of the tire and the wheel and keep most of it from slobbering onto the wheel. Then I just break the sidewall into quarters and paint it on.

I have to say I spoke too soon about the CG VRP. I just looked again and the plain parts of the sidewall were a nice level matte finish. All the lettering and intricate molded crap was still high and shiny

I grabbed a towel and knocked it back again and they came out pretty nice

I will have to see if I can do the wipe down twice in one go or if it needs to sit overnight between

13. Likes MisterSnoop, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It happens if too much is used. A little goes a long way with the graphene detail spray.

I’ve used it plenty of times with no issues and would recommend it.

15. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 626 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166176186196206216226236246256266276286296306316326336346356366767261126 ... LastLast