autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Had to put a new transmission (used) in the Fusion. Very bitter about that. Only 75.5k. 6F35 transmission is a real piece of *ahem*!

That being said as usual when you receive your car back from a mechanic (minus the one individual here that invested in a Tornado that touches up the engine bay for his customer) I had some things to clean while the sky was threatening rain imminently. The interior smelled of transmission fluid so I cleaned up the drivers seat and steering wheel with Megs Ult Leather Detailer (good enough for my use). Had to hit the headliner with Motorcraft Spot and Stain remover to remove the usual finger "spots" that show up after a car gets worked on. I never understand how finger prints get on the head liner. *shrug*

Then I had to wash the outside as the car sat outside at the repair shop and had tree sap dropped on it. Since WG SiO2 Coating Wash doesn't do a good job on items that are "stuck" to the paint; I used Meg Gold Class Shampoo in a foam gun. A good pressure washing got most of the stuck sap off with a few minor exception. Then came a good thick coat of soap/foam; working in sections. Got out the bucket with grit guard as well and my multiple wash mitts. Got 'er all squeaky clean. Blew off with the power blower and pulled into the garage and then used WGWW as a drying aid with edgeless towels. So she looks awesome again.

So now my OCD can relax a bit.

2. Likes Tasmania, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Started a multi-day detailing of my non-primary bike...

2002 HD Softail Deuce - Extreme Detail

"Before" shot for reference. It's actually pretty clean here but it's going to get even better...

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210810_132111resized-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

After a very bad storm last evening, mid 90's and high humidity yesterday and today, I decided to wash the ES...even with a chance of rain tonightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Originally I was just going to foam/dwell/rinse the car off and free flowing water to knock down the beads and leave it be due to the possible rain...yeah, changed my mindWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did a pre-wash cocktail of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep, 1.5 oz, 1 oz of CarPro Lift and 1 ounce of Adam's carwash soap. This combo in my CG's foam gun produced GREAT sudsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?After some dwell time I rinsed it off and the beads were crazy! Anytime I use one of my 3 strong pre-wash soaps (Griot's Garage foaming surface prep/CarPro Lift or Gyeon Restart) the beading is amazing after the rinse. Next up was the 2BM.

For the 2BM I finished of Gyeon Essence Plus, took a while but I got there. This product foams up ok but it's a couple years old (thanks Ric). I moved around the car with my Adam's version of the BRS and rinsed away the soap. Next up the rims.

Since my tires are recently coated with Feynlab Black Velvet (NO ISSUES ON THE NEW TIRES) I sprayed nothing directly on them, instead focused on the rims. The usual Brake Buster was given the task to clean these dirty rims, no problem.

I finished up drying the tires/wheels and the tires were a nice sheen once again. During the driving in the rain and drying cycle they NEVER turned brown or anything, stayed Black and I'm very happy with this productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then turned to drying the ES and used up the remaining Kenotek Showroom Shine as a drying aid. This is such a solid product and it's yet another great product in a crowd of greatness, man it's tough out there for these companiesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I really like how the ES looks after a contact wash and quality drying aid, just practicing for the day I get something "special". I tell people this and they immediately say "you've got a nice car" and I say thank you but I've been saying this for a very long timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now even if it rains it will be out of here well before I head to work, so I can just touch it up at work tomorrow morning before I go into work. I like that I've thinned out my stock of products in the past 2 weeks, 3 down and MANY to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    Had to put a new transmission (used) in the Fusion. Very bitter about that. Only 75.5k. 6F35 transmission is a real piece of *ahem*!

That being said as usual when you receive your car back from a mechanic (minus the one individual here that invested in a Tornado that touches up the engine bay for his customer) I had some things to clean while the sky was threatening rain imminently. The interior smelled of transmission fluid so I cleaned up the drivers seat and steering wheel with Megs Ult Leather Detailer (good enough for my use). Had to hit the headliner with Motorcraft Spot and Stain remover to remove the usual finger "spots" that show up after a car gets worked on. I never understand how finger prints get on the head liner. *shrug*

Then I had to wash the outside as the car sat outside at the repair shop and had tree sap dropped on it. Since WG SiO2 Coating Wash doesn't do a good job on items that are "stuck" to the paint; I used Meg Gold Class Shampoo in a foam gun. A good pressure washing got most of the stuck sap off with a few minor exception. Then came a good thick coat of soap/foam; working in sections. Got out the bucket with grit guard as well and my multiple wash mitts. Got 'er all squeaky clean. Blew off with the power blower and pulled into the garage and then used WGWW as a drying aid with edgeless towels. So she looks awesome again.

So now my OCD can relax a bit.
    This must be a world wide problem with all car service centre's i have a sign that i put on the rear mirror that says (PLEASE DO NOT WASH OR ADD TYRE SHINE)

But when they bleed the brakes with the tyre still and get brake fluid all over the barrel of the wheels then have the cheek to tell me i did not say wash the car i said.

First let me tell you something mister service manger you take the wheels off when bleeding brake line's and brake fluid will eat through clear coat so next time don't half ass it! Thank you i told him or cough up $800 for a new wheel

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    This must be a world wide problem with all car service centre's i have a sign that i put on the rear mirror that says (PLEASE DO NOT WASH OR ADD TYRE SHINE)

But when they bleed the brakes with the tyre still and get brake fluid all over the barrel of the wheels then have the cheek to tell me i did not say wash the car i said.

First let me tell you something mister service manger you take the wheels off when bleeding brake line's and brake fluid will eat through clear coat so next time don't half ass it! Thank you i told him or cough up $800 for a new wheel
    If you ask they will gladly remove the wheels. The charge by the hour though. At $150 an hour it cost another .5 hours (minimum charge) or $75 . The ended up doing it for $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If you ask they will gladly remove the wheels. The charge by the hour though. At $150 an hour it cost another .5 hours (minimum charge) or $75 . The ended up doing it for $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I shouldn't have to at the dealership the oil and filter and a visual check will set me back $500 and taking off the wheels is something they do every service to check pads.

They were being lazy that day and i caught them out and told them how it was
    I expect the car to be returned in the same condition as drop off.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After a very bad storm last evening, mid 90's and high humidity yesterday and today, I decided to wash the ES...even with a chance of rain tonightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Originally I was just going to foam/dwell/rinse the car off and free flowing water to knock down the beads and leave it be due to the possible rain...yeah, changed my mindWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did a pre-wash cocktail of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep, 1.5 oz, 1 oz of CarPro Lift and 1 ounce of Adam's carwash soap. This combo in my CG's foam gun produced GREAT sudsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?After some dwell time I rinsed it off and the beads were crazy! Anytime I use one of my 3 strong pre-wash soaps (Griot's Garage foaming surface prep/CarPro Lift or Gyeon Restart) the beading is amazing after the rinse. Next up was the 2BM.

For the 2BM I finished of Gyeon Essence Plus, took a while but I got there. This product foams up ok but it's a couple years old (thanks Ric). I moved around the car with my Adam's version of the BRS and rinsed away the soap. Next up the rims.

Since my tires are recently coated with Feynlab Black Velvet (NO ISSUES ON THE NEW TIRES) I sprayed nothing directly on them, instead focused on the rims. The usual Brake Buster was given the task to clean these dirty rims, no problem.

I finished up drying the tires/wheels and the tires were a nice sheen once again. During the driving in the rain and drying cycle they NEVER turned brown or anything, stayed Black and I'm very happy with this productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then turned to drying the ES and used up the remaining Kenotek Showroom Shine as a drying aid. This is such a solid product and it's yet another great product in a crowd of greatness, man it's tough out there for these companiesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I really like how the ES looks after a contact wash and quality drying aid, just practicing for the day I get something "special". I tell people this and they immediately say "you've got a nice car" and I say thank you but I've been saying this for a very long timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now even if it rains it will be out of here well before I head to work, so I can just touch it up at work tomorrow morning before I go into work. I like that I've thinned out my stock of products in the past 2 weeks, 3 down and MANY to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The Detail Gods graced me with no rain overnight and this is why you take a chance and at the very least you get to see a fresh car when your doneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After a very bad storm last evening, mid 90's and high humidity yesterday and today, I decided to wash the ES...even with a chance of rain tonightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    So you’re the recipient of the storms that never came. We had severe weather forecasted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today. Half inch of rain and a couple rumbles of thunder the whole week…
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a moment to wash the Vette. Gave it a quick bath and topped it with poly seal. Put on a layer of Gyeon Tire as well, my favorite tire shine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, PaulMys, Jayfro, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Finally had a moment to wash the Vette. Gave it a quick bath and topped it with poly seal. Put on a layer of Gyeon Tire as well, my favorite tire shine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    So where do the wife & kids sit in that 'Rod, Leo??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 622 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 1225225726126136146156166176186196206216226236246256266276286296306316326727221122 ... LastLast