autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Lockdown Day 5 -

I can take it no longer!

Two weeks without a wash combined with despicable weather, the Ranger needed a wash. The rain is supposed to be easing away for a couple of days, so it will at least stay clean for a bit.

I always start with wheels and wheel arches. In situations like this, I like to spray a bit of Brake Buster into the wheel arches to help things along.

And yes, I do occasionally clean the chassis rails.

The pre-wash rinse didn't remove much of the road film so I decided to pre-soak with NV Snow today, the tray included. This helps soften the grime before another rinse, this time removing roughly 80-90% of the road film. I also used warm water in the foam cannon. If you have ever doubted the effectiveness of snow-foaming, I can tell you that it is most definitely not just for showing off to the neighbors.

Onto something that has been annoying for a while now. On the drivers side sill, there has been a yellowed stain that has stubbornly refused to removed, even with strong APC. This stain is most likely caused by boots or leg as I brush past getting in and out of the car. I have a feeling it might be the effects of wearing sunscreen in the summer time. Either way, some Scholl S20 and the iBrid sorted it out in no time. Again, I'm sure my gardening customers appreciate the effort.

And good news! Our illustrious leaders have decided to extend the locks and chains for another seven days. Not sure if I should be pleased I get another weeks holiday or be terrified that it could crush my employer and therefore have no job to return to?
    I love the "stop and go" brushWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lockdown Day 5 -

I can take it no longer!

Two weeks without a wash combined with despicable weather, the Ranger needed a wash. The rain is supposed to be easing away for a couple of days, so it will at least stay clean for a bit.

I always start with wheels and wheel arches. In situations like this, I like to spray a bit of Brake Buster into the wheel arches to help things along.

And yes, I do occasionally clean the chassis rails.

The pre-wash rinse didn't remove much of the road film so I decided to pre-soak with NV Snow today, the tray included. This helps soften the grime before another rinse, this time removing roughly 80-90% of the road film. I also used warm water in the foam cannon. If you have ever doubted the effectiveness of snow-foaming, I can tell you that it is most definitely not just for showing off to the neighbors.

Onto something that has been annoying for a while now. On the drivers side sill, there has been a yellowed stain that has stubbornly refused to removed, even with strong APC. This stain is most likely caused by boots or leg as I brush past getting in and out of the car. I have a feeling it might be the effects of wearing sunscreen in the summer time. Either way, some Scholl S20 and the iBrid sorted it out in no time. Again, I'm sure my gardening customers appreciate the effort.

And good news! Our illustrious leaders have decided to extend the locks and chains for another seven days. Not sure if I should be pleased I get another weeks holiday or be terrified that it could crush my employer and therefore have no job to return to?
    Come to Tasmania i will show you rain, been raining here for week's on and off

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash and wheel and well cleaning today.

Was in a mood to mix everything today. Rinseless with 2oz Griots BSR and 2oz of Ech20 to 3.5 gallons of water.

Dried with a 20x40 Pluffle and Griots 3-1 and TW ceramic Wet Wax as a drying aid and 3-1 on the trim.

CP Perl and Tac System tire coat mixed on the tires. Impressed with this combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Big Dave, DFB, SNP209, Tasmania, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday actually but wiped down the ES with Adam's graphene detailer while waiting for my daughter to get out of her gymnastics class What did you do today, in regards to detailing? managementWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes DFB, Jayfro, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yesterday actually but wiped down the ES with Adam's graphene detailer while waiting for my daughter to get out of her gymnastics class What did you do today, in regards to detailing? managementWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

"Yup. That's my dad out there...................... "
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes SNP209, Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This morning, before going into work, I noticed 4 sap drips on the windshield. These were more liquidee, so I cleaned the windshield...this inspired me to wipe the ES down with a just given to me product! This product is Adam's Slip and Slide and it's equivalent to Beadmaker and I must say another winner from "Eve's better half"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lockdown Day 6 -

Made use of the extra room I made in the cabinets at the last lockdown. Three extra containers and some decals that came in the boxes of my wheels, I have now filled them back up again.

Granted, I still need to put stuff in those containers, however a $30 credit and an extra job I picked up will see to that nicely!

14. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lock down for what?
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Lock down for what?
    Covid 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Covid 19.
    So you have to stay home?
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Page 604 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 1045045545945955965975985996006016026036046056066076086096106116126136146547041104 ... LastLast