autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Decided to clean up the exhaust, just the bits visible without getting underneath. Forgot to take a pic of the tip before I started, but it wasn't as bad the section visible through the rear wheel well. Used WD40 and a medium sanding pad. Attachment 73624Attachment 73625Attachment 73626

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Glad I'm not the only one detailing un-seen exhaust pipes.

2. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, clean exhaust! Maybe I should try that.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

4. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I washed the ES!

Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner for the tires/wheels and Feynlab RW w/ a brand new grout sponge. Adam's graphene tire dressing as a "topper" for my coated tires. I mean the coating is doing its thing still but I like "fresh dressed" but should say it looks even betterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This morning I wiped down the car with Adam's graphene quick detailer before heading to workWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Big Dave, Jayfro, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At work about to BAKE in 93 degree heat todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a case of supermarket rash from someone who scratched my car while it was parked in an open space surrounded by two free spaces. I know I'm venting but it seems that taking care of my paint can't keep up with those who seem to want to destroy it.

I was able to minimize the effects of the scratch with DA compounding, polishing, and then buffing. But it's still noticeable at close distance but only in a couple of spots I'll need a bit of touchup paint for.

At least it's better than the woman who did a hit and run from the opposite direction while I was parked, unmoving, in a clogged traffic line at a stop sign two years ago. That has left marks that are noticeable unless I paid for a full repaint, which I won't do as the quotes were rather high.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima at waterless on my MINI followed by Optiseal. Then went back with OID an hour later.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-1fa4c5f7-4056-4530-9f4a-6365f18f9f7f-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

After days of not washing the ES and a couple downpours today I decided to go out and wash the ES...as the sun came outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? That's ok, good to get outside and sweat off breakfast and lunch, sucks hearing my Tigers getting their arses kicked by the White Sux while sweating out there.

To start things off I used CG's Glossworkz as my tire/wheel cleaner in the IK Foamer. Didn't care for this product on my paint as I "think" it glogged up my LSP but works pretty good on the tires and wheels.

Next up was a pre-wash using Griot's Garage 3 in 1 ceramic wash. I used the entire contents of my CG's foam gun and love using this product! After letting it dwell I rinsed it off and was beading like crazyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then decided on a contact wash but with a twist. For this I used my leftover Feynlab RW from a couple days ago. I just moved around the car with my grout sponge and knocked it out. I then rinsed it down for the final step...yep, another step!

I hadn't used Griot's Garage foaming Poly Gloss in a while and wanted to use it. This stuff smells soooo good and puts down a nice Gloss to the car, so for today's wash it was a DOUBLE glossWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I dried the car down with my other TRC Gauntlet and Adam's waffle weave for the glass. These towels doubled as a cooling tool for my domeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Dried off the tires/wheels with a designated mf towel and applied Adam's graphene tire dressing.

I came inside to run a load of mf towels including 4 brand new Griot's Garage glass PFM's and I'm about to spray some Adam's under-carriage spray for my wheelwells.

Now it's cleaned up for C&C tomorrow morning and it's supposed to be less humid...thank you Mother NatureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also took pocession of a 4 pack of the Griot's Garage PFM glass towels today and earlier in the week and pair of Gauntlet drying towels (15 × 24). I used the Gauntlet towels right out of the box w/o washing them first and they did fine but felt a little grabby, so next time around I'm sure they'll be even better. The GG PFM glass towels I DID wash firstWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Anyone else have experience with these towels, their new to meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot's glass towels are the perfect size and distribute cleaner nicely. They are the first glass towels I reach for now.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    The Griot's glass towels are the perfect size and distribute cleaner nicely. They are the first glass towels I reach for now.
    ...and combined with Clarify should make for a great combo. I'll be using them tomorrow morning to clean my windows further at C&C tomorrow, thanks for your input BillWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 578 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 784785285685695705715725735745755765775785795805815825835845855865875886286781078 ... LastLast