autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Are you sure? Thought he used the Sonax glass cleaner as a rinseless or waterless?
    I think that was for prep washes but not maintenance washes.

Post Thanks / Like

He uses the sonax on a mostly clean car and before correction.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

And he specifically says for PREP washes prior to polishing/correcting a vehicle. Not as a maintenance wash. He likes Sonax Glass as he is sure it leaves nothing on the surface that would interfere with his correcting products.

4. Thanks boosteddub69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said maintenance wash and it was a tongue in cheek comment.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just stick with a stronger than normal WW ratio for prep, especially this new to me Feynlab stuff. Directions say .5 oz per gallon for WW, 1 oz in my 1000ML Kwazzer should do the trick for PREPWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Been working on the mother-in-law's 2017 Chevy Tahoe.

Took me over two hours just on wheels and tires. The amount of browning coming out of the tires was unreal. Each one needed 5 rounds of scrubbing with Tuf Shine tire cleaner to get to white foam.

Went with 3D Ultra Protectant to test out. A little shiny but looks nice.

Post Thanks / Like

My older brother came down after we all got back from 8 AM church service. I had invited him over yesterday telling him the car wash was open and we’d feed him. We all had a cup of motivation at the kitchen table then I headed out to the garage and his blue Corolla. I foamed it with Adam’s Strip wash, rinsed and foamed again. His car had gone from fall of 2019 until now with out any attention from me and it showed. I washed it with CarPro Reset, rinsed then clay toweled using the soapy water for clay towel lube. I rinsed it and dried it and went in to cool off and drag clothes. We had burgers on the deck along with delightful conversation. Back out into the hot garage I went where I prepped the paint and glass with GTechniq Panel Wipe then gave it a coating of Adam’s Spray Graphene Coating topped with Ceramic Boost.

He was very appreciative and informed he was a mile from home when he got rained on . No pics as I didn’t take any.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, MisterSnoop, DFB, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a perfect storm...VERY HIGH amount of pollen on the ES, a fresh bottle of CarPro Lift and that inner voice talking to me...rinse down wash coming!

I decided to go light on the Lift since it's such a strong cleaner. Now it was called in for duty because of the EXCESSIVE amount of pollen on the ES, most I've ever seen, seriously! I added 1 oz into my IK Foam 9 and filled with water. I also grabbed my regular IK filled with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner too.

I started by foaming the ES down and it laid down a pretty thick amount of foam considering I used 1/2 of what I usually put in the IK Foam 9. Once that was dwelling I sprayed all 4 tires/wheels and let it dwell, didn't use any brushes because I knew it was going to rain and/or sprinkle.

When I went to rinse everything off the beading was crazy! Once done with that I grabbed P&S Paint Gloss as a drying aid, worked greatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?By the time I finished drying the jams it began to lightly sprinkleWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I didn't get mad because I knew it was going to rain at some point, I accomplished removing the excessive amount of pollen, used some more of another spray and got to try out CarPro Lift, plus I'm always ZEN working on the ES.

In closing I hope it rains because we really need it and hopefully it washes these trees down with the pollen, it's REALLY bad right now but having "alot of weapons" means I'll win the battleWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    My older brother came down after we all got back from 8 AM church service. I had invited him over yesterday telling him the car wash was open and we’d feed him. We all had a cup of motivation at the kitchen table then I headed out to the garage and his blue Corolla. I foamed it with Adam’s Strip wash, rinsed and foamed again. His car had gone from fall of 2019 until now with out any attention from me and it showed. I washed it with CarPro Reset, rinsed then clay toweled using the soapy water for clay towel lube. I rinsed it and dried it and went in to cool off and drag clothes. We had burgers on the deck along with delightful conversation. Back out into the hot garage I went where I prepped the paint and glass with GTechniq Panel Wipe then gave it a coating of Adam’s Spray Graphene Coating topped with Ceramic Boost.

He was very appreciative and informed he was a mile from home when he got rained on . No pics as I didn’t take any.
    The Adam's spray graphene is awesome BUTT it requires a 4 hr cure timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Next times he's over might wanna give it a top upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

No rain in the forecast until later tonight, plus I topped it with Ceramic Boost. He should be ok.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Page 566 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 664665165565575585595605615625635645655665675685695705715725735745755766166661066 ... LastLast