autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

1st hand wash of the year.

Wheel wells with D101 megs app at 10:1 and various brushes
    Wheels and tires with D143 megs non acid wheel and tire at 2:1 and various brushes
    Pressure wash rinse
    Foam with turtle wax ice snow foam. Trying to use up
    2bm Wash with black fire wash and wax. Sample using up
    Dried with griots pfm...1 large and 1 small.
    LSP...mckees 37 10 min paint sealant. Trying to use up. Gotten 4 coats since Christmas. Beading is on point.
    Tires mckees 37 sio2 dressing after it dries for a bit

Van needs polished with a whole new vehicle. Paint it not salvageable. It’ll get a 1 step to make it glossy but that’s it sometime before summer I hope.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1770-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1773-jpg

My truck is a wreck and needs love but as usual get back burnered so it’ll wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The local discount auto chain had a 30% off sale today, so I went in for a look, I got some of my favourite wheel cleaner, Bowden's Own Wheely Clean, and I was looking for something to put on the exterior trim on the FJ, I thought I'd try some Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel. I've only used it on the Qashqai so far, very easy to use, love the smell. We'll have to see how long it lasts. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210403_133422-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally filled up some Bettix bottles as filling bottles from gallon plus jugs isn’t fun and takes too much time. I guess I need to print some labels now to make things “professional” even though I’m a hobbyist.

6. Likes Big Dave, Jayfro, Klasse Act, DFB, MisterSnoop and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The local discount auto chain had a 30% off sale today, so I went in for a look, I got some of my favourite wheel cleaner, Bowden's Own Wheely Clean, and I was looking for something to put on the exterior trim on the FJ, I thought I'd try some Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel. I've only used it on the Qashqai so far, very easy to use, love the smell. We'll have to see how long it lasts. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210403_133422-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    I picked up a jug of Meguiar's D155 Last Touch at the discount chain starting with R for 35% off. Made it a very economical purchase.

8. Likes Big Dave, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I flew to Detroit for Easter. My 90ish godmother is "struggling" so the car is going back to the dealer as the lease is up later This month. I actually took it to a car wash and paid for my first car wash in years. The BF One Step is still beading water from my July 4th application. There is a can of Amour All Spray foam tire cleaner here so I applied that to the tires. It's now ready to turn into the dealership Monday morning on the way to the airport.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_8338-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_8339-jpg

10. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, SNP209, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brought my 3 season tires/wheels up from the basement and brought them outside for prep. First I removed all the valve stem caps because they come up mismatching for some reason. Then I applied a 2nd coat (first one applied last fall) of 303 graphene spray coating to the wheel faces and barrels. While that cured I applied Griot's Garage rubber prep to the front and back sidewalls. Then I removed the 303 graphene from the rims and then applied OPT tire coating to the backside of the tires (gotta find some use for itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I shouldn't say this because maybe it will work on the next set of tires because my Blizzaks and OEM tires just turn that goldish/tan color and that's just unacceptable. Putting it on the back sidewall is a virgin surface, let's see how it goesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then removed the WeatherTech floorliners and vac'd out my interior with my new Worx mini vac and then reinstalled my carpeted OEM mats. Now I need to spray some interior scent in there and welcome in spring properly!

My appointment is in 2 hrs and because of the massive pollen on my car this morning, after washing it last night, I decided to take a couple RW plush edgeless mf towels and wiped the car clean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Brought my 3 season tires/wheels up from the basement and brought them outside for prep. First I removed all the valve stem caps because they come up mismatching for some reason. Then I applied a 2nd coat (first one applied last fall) of 303 graphene spray coating to the wheel faces and barrels. While that cured I applied Griot's Garage rubber prep to the front and back sidewalls. Then I removed the 303 graphene from the rims and then applied OPT tire coating to the backside of the tires (gotta find some use for itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I shouldn't say this because maybe it will work on the next set of tires because my Blizzaks and OEM tires just turn that goldish/tan color and that's just unacceptable. Putting it on the back sidewall is a virgin surface, let's see how it goesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then removed the WeatherTech floorliners and vac'd out my interior with my new Worx mini vac and then reinstalled my carpeted OEM mats. Now I need to spray some interior scent in there and welcome in spring properly!

My appointment is in 2 hrs and because of the massive pollen on my car this morning, after washing it last night, I decided to take a couple RW plush edgeless mf towels and wiped the car clean.
    Appointment?
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Appointment?
    Yeah, Discount TireWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

READY FOR SPRING!

Oil change/tire rotation.
    HS Polish & wax.
    HS Spray coating. 2 coats.
    Pinnacle glass coat. All exterior glass.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

17. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3 seasons are back on....and so is the pollenWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? After I prepped them I put them inside the car for a couple hrs till my appointment for swap out. By the time they were done and I pulled the car out of the bay I could see the pollen on the rims already....W T F What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Maybe if it rains alot this week coming up it will wash it all out of the air and from the roads too....PLEASEWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

19. Likes Jayfro liked this post
Page 536 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 364364865265275285295305315325335345355365375385395405415425435445455465866361036 ... LastLast