autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wasn't exactly planned this way but it turned out to be a CarPro kind of day.

Car was driven through 2 pretty good rain storms on back to back days. Wasn't filthy except for the usual spot on a hatchback. Rear hatch/glass gets beat with the tires kicking up water, dirt etc...

Wheels, tires and wheel wells were foamed with Brake Buster.

Someone the other day mentioned Reset so I figured I would pull out the Reset today. Bucket wash with Reset and rinsed with the Worx. Dried with a Rag Company Twistress using Ech2o as a drying aid. Tires received a fresh coat of PERL.

Couple of pictures, one with my Beagle Magglio in the background.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM, DFB, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post

Car was driven through 2 pretty good rain storms on back to back days. Wasn't filthy except for the usual spot on a hatchback. Rear hatch/glass gets beat with the tires kicking up water, dirt etc...

Someone the other day mentioned Reset so I figured I would pull out the Reset today. Bucket wash with Reset and rinsed with the Worx. Dried with a Rag Company Twistress using Ech2o as a drying aid. Tires received a fresh coat of PERL.

Magglio gets a from me.. maybe the car too... j/k

4. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That time honored tradition...F N W What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's been a messy week and the ES needed some attention, so I got after it! Started with a pre-treating of the tires with 303 tire and rubber cleaner, shot some in the wells too. I then foamed down the tires/wheels with Brake Buster and scrubbed the tires, lug holes, spokes and barrels with various brushes and rinsed, time to move onto the car.

For the car I finished up my bottle of Griot's Garage foaming surface wash but was a little short, so I topped off with about an ounce of AutoBrite Magifoam, U.S.A and the U.K. coming together like it was Live Aid or somethingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I let it dwell for about 10 minutes and rinsed down, the beads from last FNW's Beadmaker looking great, time to dry and....

....apply Turtle Wax quick detailer, so much more than a detailer though! I hit a section with it and dried with the Sucker, car came out great! Finished with drying the tires, wheels, door and trunk jams as well as an engine bay wipe down, now the car is clean...finallyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Tomorrow my daughter and I will be getting the tires rotated and balanced as it's due and then hitting McDonald's for lunch and Playplace timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? While I'm at Discount Tire I'll be pricing some winter shoes for the stockers and also 16 steelies. I'm leaning towards just wrapping the stock rims in winter shoes and getting a fresh set of 3 seasons in the spring, I have 1 wheel in mind...the Konig Oversteer in charcoal gray. There's a 6 spoke Enkei I like but it's only available in matte black, yeah right or silver and IMO charcoal gray works better on this car, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post

Looks awesome! And cute dog

You maybe know about it but thought it could be worth to mention. If you install a roof spoiler that goes on the hatch. You reduce the build up of dirt very much from that. And mostly here in Sweden it's even necessary when you drive on snow roads. Or the build up on the hatch is extreme. Like wise on the station wagons like the Kia cee'd SW I have. The Ford Focus that has an original spoiler it's not so bad as on mine. Then you have the normal dirt build up lower down on to the bumper area which is about the same. VW Golf I would bet have many options of these roof spoilers. Not all like the look from them but personal I think that you can find one that looks nice. Personal preferences but they do work these spoilers to change the air stream on the back of the car.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    Magglio gets a from me.. maybe the car too... j/k
    No that's quite alright Magglio gets my thumbs up too lol.

He's way cooler than the car.

9. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My truck did a lot of dirty work this week. I don't often bother with foam but decided to use it this time, figuring it would work into the nooks & crannies if nothing else. P&S Pearl makes decent foam but I still don't enjoy using it for the contact wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Looks awesome! And cute dog

You maybe know about it but thought it could be worth to mention. If you install a roof spoiler that goes on the hatch. You reduce the build up of dirt very much from that. And mostly here in Sweden it's even necessary when you drive on snow roads. Or the build up on the hatch is extreme. Like wise on the station wagons like the Kia cee'd SW I have. The Ford Focus that has an original spoiler it's not so bad as on mine. Then you have the normal dirt build up lower down on to the bumper area which is about the same. VW Golf I would bet have many options of these roof spoilers. Not all like the look from them but personal I think that you can find one that looks nice. Personal preferences but they do work these spoilers to change the air stream on the back of the car.

/ Tony
    Yeah I've looked into getting one for aesthetic purposes. I think most of the dirt/water that flies up is from the tires though.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Client dropped off their Land Rover this evening.
    I’ll be working on it most of the day tomorrow.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

15. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I used a rotary for the first time after 12 years using the 3401 I finally added a PE14 and I must say I don’t know why I waited so long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. Likes Klasse Act, DetailKitty, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First day off in two weeks involved some detailing indulgence.

XR8 Falcon first up.

With time on my hands, the engine bay was given a wipe down and the leather trim treated.

I really like how Nourish gives a nice matte finish.

Wheels dressed with Gyeon Q2 Tire.

All done and ready for it's next outing.

19. Likes SWETM, jmnral, Misterpaul liked this post
Page 271 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 171221261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281321371771 ... LastLast